Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Watch the B5 Pilot on Joost!

Joost, a new (legitimate) service for watching TV online, was launched recently with a handful of channels, but the list is growing.

Warner Brothers has its own channel on Joost, and one of the featured shows is the original B5 Pilot.

While you can find the Pilot anywhere online, the interesting thing about this one is that it's the original pilot as it aired in 1992 with the non-Christopher-Franke soundtrack.

So if you're interested in hearing what the B5 pilot originally sounded like, head on over to [url=http://www.joost.com]Joost.com[/url] and sign up!

Comments

• SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    As nice as this may be, I bet I'm not alone in getting really annoyed at these nonsensical names with multiple vowels in sequence.

Soon, it will be the time of Poplers!
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Sounds like one of those newfangled hipster party drug
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE=Sanfam;166942]Soon, it will be the time of Poplers![/QUOTE]

Oh no! We'll have to update the planetary defense grid!
  • I'll need this during the strike.
    Actually, wouldn't using this be against the interests of the striking writers? I mean, isn't the lack of residuals from a service like this [B]exactly[/B] the problem?
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    p0wned
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE=Sanfam;166962]Actually, wouldn't using this be against the interests of the striking writers? I mean, isn't the lack of residuals from a service like this [B]exactly[/B] the problem?[/QUOTE]

But, wouldn't it strengthen the writers' position if there is a higher number of consumers watching internet broadcasts? One of the studios' "arguments" is that there is no money (= audience) in internet distribution ;)
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Unable to find it....
    Only thing I find from warner is music vids.
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    If you're going to boycott this type of media because of the writers strike, then you'd better be prepared to put your viewing habits where you're mouth is, to coin a phrase.....

I guess this means you're going to stop watching TV, avoid buying any DVDs, or downloading any TV episodes from legitimate sources.
    Sam: I'm just saying :P

Though honestly, there has been very little television these days that genuinely interested me. During my six month run in Maryland, I didn't have one and found that I was perfectly fine doing something else entirely. I bought a few season box sets at the time (Stargate SG-1), but that was it. At this point in time, I've simply got BSG, Eureka, Family Guy, and South park keeping me tuned in. At least with the box sets, the writers would be getting a form of residual (Even if it is drastically reduced). But had I turned to watching television in Scifi's online portal it is doubtful they would have received anything.
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    I'm "just saying", as well. :)

There's not a lot of prime-time TV on the big networks that I'm currently watching. Though I'm hooked on [i]The Office[/i] and [i]Kid Nation[/i]. Most of the other stuff I watch is on cable networks like Comedy Central and Discovery ([i]Dirty Jobs[/i]!). But I still watch a lot of TV, and I'll continue to do so until the writers strike catches up to the backlog of episodes that are already in the can.
    My big problem is that most of the shows I want to watch don't exist, or didn't for as long as I would have preferred. This makes viewing difficult. Actually, my favorite crack-ish tv show of late has been [I]How It's Made[/I]. It's strangely hypnotic and both me and my roommate have found ourselves watching it for runs of two straight hours without even thinking once about the time that passed.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Hehe, been having fun with Zoost, there is not a lot of stuff on there, but there is enough, specificly 1st and 2nd season eps of Transformers and GIJoe[i]...because knowing is half the the battle[/i]

I haven't started just yet, but I'd like to watch the Lexx episodes they have on there.

And they had my favor ep of ATHF...[i]I don't need no instructions to know how to rock![/i]

Jake
  • So I can just sign up and watch the pilot?
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Yep.

Its kinda like Pandora but better, in that I have complete control over what and when I watch it. There is some software to load.

Jake
  • That was so cool finally being able to see that. Yeah, I definetly agree that the re-edit was better, but it still was cool to see the original version. I finally got to see the "zoo"! But I thought that there was supposed to be a line from Kosh in this, but it was done by someone else. I didn't hear it at all.
  • And another thing, wasn't Takashima supposed to have the rank of "Vice-commander"? I thought that they had Andreas redo some lines for the re-edit. I only heard everyone refer to her as a lieutenant commander.
  • Yes! Ren and Stimpy! I just watched the Canadian Yaksmen episode. I forgot all those amazing facts about Canada!