Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Changes

FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
Life does change, that is for sure. It's exciting to see those who came here as younglings now successful, married etc and I hope they have found someone whom will appreciate them through this realm and maybe the next if you believe in those sorts of things.

That said, I am facing the end of that chapter in my life, after 12 generally happy years together, my wife and I have separated. I had always thought we were happy in a way that we allow us to be together for the long haul, but I think in the end we both compromised on who we wanted as a mate to be together. Fortunately the split so far is amicable and we are both doing our best to show our two girls how much we love them, and I can say my two beautiful, wonderful daughters are handling this in a way that far exceeds my expectations.

The lesson I have learned from this is my sure your significant other is someone whom helps you feel as if you are willing to treat each day as when you first met and there is no excuse to ever take them for granted.

Jake

Comments

• StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I am sorry to read this about your relationship. It most certainly must be a difficult time.

There is a lot of truth in what you said. Mutual respect and appreciation are key but it is a daily struggle and life is anything but a long quiet river.

I'm still learning every day.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Im sorry to hear that. Still going through my own divorce. It's pretty much been the worst couple of years of my life. Not amicable, wife took the kids to another state, shes pretty much destroyed me financially.

Just do whatever you can do in order to make sure you are a presence in your daughters life. They are the only thing that matters.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Fortunately they are living with me for the most part, so I do get to spend much of my time with them.

Jake
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Sorry to hear it Freejack.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I am sorry to hear that Freejack :(

And SpiritOne, I'm sorry you are still going through that :(
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    This does put a sadder note on the fact that some of you do not spend time here as much as you used to. I know life goes on and we focus on other things. I certainly take nothing for granted. But I'm nobody's fool either. A relationship is a complicated thing even when everything seems to be going alright. Keeping my fingers crossed. I hope you both get through this ok.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    On a positive note, the changes keep coming.

Reconnected with a classmate from high school and spent a wonderful weekend with her. I don't know where it will go, or where it will end up, but it was refreshing. She's in a nearly identical situation (separated, nearly divorced) and her outlook on life seems very much in alignment of my own, generally positive and upbeat, which is a striking contrast to The Prior (my name for her since she's not officially "the ex" yet), who had a generally negative view of people and the world.

I don't know where we'll end up and we just may end up being each other's "rebound" but either way it looks to be exciting a fun. :D

Jake
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Sorry to hear the that Jake. Not sure how I missed this thread earlier.

Good to see you're still seeing positives in all this though!