Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Screw You Universe!

Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
Ok so like, I'm getting tired of the universe piling shit on me, Every time I Think things are going along smoothly... something else crops up, either it's a medical issue, or something breaking, or someone who's supposedly my friend opening a competing business, or then expanding that business (despite the fact that he's flat broke) and taking MORE business away...

I'm beginning to fucking hate people.... anyway, rant over.

Comments

• *bro-hug*
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Oh, And I did forget to mention, the friend, is also a former employee... Now I've got to start making my employees sign non-compete clauses when they are hired...

Meh, Oh well, Just another challenge...
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    If he's flat broke, doesn't that mean that eventually his business will fall apart?
    one would think so...
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    One would hope so. ;)
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Need a new accountant? I personally know of one!
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    So is he stealing your model as a regular cafe or as an internet cafe?

Perhaps if his finances are that bad, a little push might force him to close, such as an opportunely timed sale or advertising promotion?
    He's not really stealing anything, but in a town this small, we already have too many cafe's (like 6) so him expanding just hurts all of us.
    It's just frustrating.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    That sucks. You could always spike his coffee supplies with laxatives! That'd make sure noone goes back
    [QUOTE=Random Chaos;196242]So is he stealing your model as a regular cafe or as an internet cafe?[/QUOTE]

If he's copying your business model, you could try patenting it, then sue him out of business! Isn't that the way things are done in the US? ;)

If he's hurting everyone, which it sounds like he is by somewhat selfishly not investigating the market capacity first (or perhaps he did and he assumes he can force one other cafes out of business to make room for himself), then does that mean everyone else is pissed at him, too?
    Yes, i know a couple of the other owners are not happy with him. But there isn't much we can do, it's a free market after all, Like I said, i'm just frustrated,
    Honestly, I just needed to vent a bit, I mean he's borrowing money from his parents to expand, And I've got hundreds of thousands in Bank loans that I need to pay, SO it's quite frustrating when he's kind of just playing at it, while it's what pays my bills, keeps a roof over my families heads, It's tough enough to do business in this economy. Profits sure as hell are not what they were 3 years ago, and i'm in here 12-18 hours a day busting my ass, Oh well, I'm still living the american dream, I own a house, I own 2 businesses, i have 2.5 kids (well, 2 kids 2 dogs and 2 cats, I guess they dogs and cats count as .5 kids) and am in debt up to my eyeballs! Livin the dream man, livin the dream.. LOL

thanks for allowing me to vent. I think I might actually feel a little better.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Some of us could always go and sit in this guy's cafe, that should be enough to drive away any customers he might get ;)
    Someone pay me for the travel, and living expenses.. and we'll see what I can do.. ;)
    Worf, you should go there on the way back from dragoncon next year, along with a number of your costumed friends :D
    hahah In this town, nobody would notice :)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Trust me, I've met Worf.....they'd notice! ;)
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I've had it worse, I've met RC.
  • just be a cruel business man. look for health violations and snitch.
    You know, I kind of feel bad for not ever having met any of you one's living in UK, even tho I lived there 3 years myself.. and 1 in Ireland. :P
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=WORF;196280]I've had it worse, I've met RC.[/QUOTE]

I wonder which one's taller... ;)
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=WORF;196280]I've had it worse, I've met RC.[/QUOTE]

I wonder which one's taller... ;)
    So it gets even better.. Guess what's moving into his old space... Drumroll Please.... Another Cafe! People just don't seem to understand that by opening up more of the same type of business in a small area, all they do is hurt everyone, they are NOT going to make lots of money, There are a finite amount of people who come here each year, and all they are doing is further dividing the little money there is... >shakes head<
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    You could always diversify. Cafe by day and bar by night!
    Croxis, I've actually thought about that, As it's they only way for us to get a Liquor license.
    The downside would be extending your 18-hour days to 24-hour days...
    So needs sleep anyway? It's so overrated!

(....he says lying in bed unable to sleep himself) :(
    If you were on Mars, you could work a 25-hour day.
    Yes, but i'm pretty sure that my coffee shop/pub on mars would be quite empty right now.