Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Site theme/skin

I'm heading out camping for the week. Unless someone else takes the lead I'll be getting the forums rethemed. Do we want to go back to the old color scheme? Are there other forum layouts you like? Post links here!

Comments

• Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Will have to think on it.

If anyone wants to experiment on your own, go download Vanilla (it's free) and stick it on your own box, then go play with themes.

Lets see...our venerable admins: Sanfam, haven't heard from him much at all since he got married, and before that only occasionally for the prior year. Me, too busy with work and real life to have the time to spend reskinning the site. Biggles, only time we here from him is when he's on a business trip (he also got married). A2597 - wow, he's been MIA a couple years (he also got married). The rest? Makes the four of us seem like we show up every day!
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    This is why I refuse to get married! Can't let RealLife(tm) get in the way!
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    I'm alive! I've clicked into the main site a few times, but almost stopped checking because it seemed like it wasn't coming back. This past time I went "Wait, Forum link?!" and clicked through to here!
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    RC and Croxis have done us proud :)
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    Yeah, A2597, kind of the same here. Just decided to look again after months of being away and I see this. Nice to be able to talk here again.
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    Oops I didn't say my opinion on the colors. I like dark colors myself. Probably because the first board I posted at, the old WB B5 board, had I think dark blue with yellow and white text. I also just think it's easier on the eyes.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    I'd do something similar to the old theme, if nothing for nostalgia's sake...regardless, the most important thing is K.I.S.S.

Jake
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I don't visit only when I'm on a business trip...
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I've put together a rough draft of the theme here: https://croxis.net/vanilla/index.php

This is just a basic css recoloring with no changes to the structure. Yet.
    Gets my vote!
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    I like it! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Jake
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Colors have been changed to match the old forums. Work is needed to make it look a bit more fresh.
    Much better! :)
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Two more things that need color fixing:

1. When you click on the "Notification" button under your name on the left, the colors are yellow on grey.

2. The admin "options" button at the top of each thread is black on black (it's next to the bookmark "star" button, which also goes black on black when you hover).