Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Crap ST ship design

MatthewMatthew Earthforce Officer
Anyone else think the current design direction of ST ships is plain ugly. I really liked the galaxy and Aceliah design but the current ironing head ship is just plain stupid.
Thats what I liked about B5 the ships were all different but still looked EA.

Comments

• Personally, I think the Galaxy Class is the UGLIEST piece of crap that ever graced our TV screens. Ugh.

I'm more a fan of the classical Trek ships like the Excelsior, Miranda, and Constitution Refit.

However, none of them compare to an Omega Class Destroyer.

Regards,
    Morden
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    i actually really dig the look of the enterprise e
  • the current Enterprise (NX-01) and the Enterprise E look very nice IMHO
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I love the Enterprise E. It just looks so cool, but of course it just cant compare to an Omega or a shadow battle crab!!! :shadow1:
  • i'm partial to klingon vessels.. favorites being vor'cha and neg'var. and of course the b'rel or k'vort (bird of preys) have an appeal as well. but overall i don't think star trek ships are that bad.. just based in a different creative universe than B5... To me, Different never equals bad.
  • Captain,SimmondsCaptain,Simmonds Trainee trainee
    The Enterprise NCC-1701 (NOt the Refited one) Looks like shit.
  • well duh it was made in 1967...........................................................
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Yeah, umm...LS, I'm gonna have to ask you to "Shut it" ;)
  • fan of the origional ST sanny? :)
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    I really LOVE the ent e. she's just plain hot :)
    That and the Ent A. and the miranda, and the Akira ;)
    and for everyone saying the original enterprise looks like shit, look here:[URL=http://mitglied.lycos.de/timothyhasek/Ent04.jpg]if you don't like what you see, you had a lobotomy[/URL]
    [SIZE=1](it's a very old model of mine, but i still love the way it turned out, it just catches the spirit of the ship so good)[/SIZE]
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I quite like the 1701-A. The 1701-E looks absolutely great. But for some odd reason I like the 1701-D the best. :)
  • i like this pic [URL=http://www.firedragon.com/~lwg3d/upload/contests/2003/10/15-229482.jpg]http://www.firedragon.com/~lwg3d/upload/contests/2003/10/15-229482.jpg[/URL]

and i love the D actually... i grew up watching next gen
    Me too. I can still remember seeing the first episode and wondering why the ship and people were all different from what I was used to.
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    I remember the first time I saw ST:TNG. It was encounter at Farpoint. I remember Wes being told that he wasn't allowed on the bridge. I remember that I thought that there must be a bridge somewhere in one of the corridors ;)
  • Having grown up with the Original Series, I do have a soft spot for the old NCC-1701, but the refit just struck me as awesome when I first saw the Motion Picture on TV.

As for Wesley Crusher, jesus, if there EVER was a more annoying character in Star Trek, I can't think of them. If only he stepped into an open airlock instead of the bridge in Encounter at Farpoint..

Regards,
    Morden
  • If only the entire Enterprise line of ships, in a sudden lapse in the laws of physics, accidentally stepped into their own airlocks... :rolleyes:

I hate ST ships.
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    Yes.. I'm sure the Omega doesn't have any lapses in physics at all... :rolleyes:
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WHY [/i]
    [B]Yes.. I'm sure the Omega doesn't have any lapses in physics at all... :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

You're talking about how the rotating section would keep it from moving in anything other than straight forward or back thanks to gyroscopic forces, right?
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Personally, I liked the designs for the Defiant and Akira classes the most. :)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]You're talking about how the rotating section would keep it from moving in anything other than straight forward or back thanks to gyroscopic forces, right? [/B][/QUOTE]

No, it wouldn't. Not if they had navigation thrusters the size of their main engines. :D
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Defiant and Enterprise-A are my favourites.

Worf
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    [B]You're talking about how the rotating section would keep it from moving in anything other than straight forward or back thanks to gyroscopic forces, right? [/B][/QUOTE]

There's also the theory that the rotating section contains counter-rotating flywheels, thus providing a net rotation of zero and allowing the ship to maneuver.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WHY [/i]
    [B]Yes.. I'm sure the Omega doesn't have any lapses in physics at all... :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

The problem is, the Enterprise doesn't. The Omega's a damned sexy ship, although I NEVER said anything about it, so I don't know where you got it from, but I was just saying I wish that the entire Federation would just DIE.

Thats not true at all. If you notice, the rotating section is more towards the front of the ship with the engines at the rear. All they would have to do is fire thrusters on the rear of the ship to turn.
    Where it is on the ship relative to the ship's length means nothing. What's important is where it is relative to the centre of mass. Chances are the engine section weighs shitloads.
  • Look, Earthforce's reputation is on the line here, is the Omega realistic or not? :rolleyes:

Regards,
    Morden
    As realistic as it's possible to be, I think.
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    its not realistic at all. its all fictionistic
  • The Omega is so fictionalisticarial.... I hate it.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]Look, Earthforce's reputation is on the line here, is the Omega realistic or not? :rolleyes:

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

Its about as realistic as your typical B movie. ;)