Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Into The Fire E3 tech demo Disk Image

2»

Comments

• PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    Nice Crox!! I still have a dual boot XP 32 on the other hard drive, I am going to check this out.
  • Triple-FTriple-F Earthforce Officer
    I Included a link to this on something that was posted on that FB page put together for B5Scrolls.

[url]http://www.facebook.com/B5Scrolls?ref=tn_tnmn#!/photo.php?fbid=315728585182208&set=a.283248628430204.70587.178490865572648&type=1&theater[/url]

Someone was having trouble downloading the demo, tried to register on firstones, got nowhere with that (have you disabled registration again) so asked the following.

[quote]Unfortunately, it seems the admin of the page had disabled registration, so I can't ask for myself. Would you mind posting a request for seeds on that thread? [/quote]

To be honest I’m unfamiliar enough with torrent so as to not get my head round the issue. So if you can help out with this problem with “seeds” that would be cool.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I will double check after work today. the torrent should be web seeded still so it may be that their torrent client is out of date
    It is working just fine for me, so it is a client issue.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=Triple-F;195327]Someone was having trouble downloading the demo, tried to register on firstones, got nowhere with that (have you disabled registration again) so asked the following.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, every time we open up registration, we get a flood of spam users.
  • Triple-FTriple-F Earthforce Officer
    Cheers.
  • HickyHicky One Foot in the Grave
    Can I say thank you to croxis for making the demo available. I dug out my old XP disk and fired up a laptop, gave up trying to get it to run on 7.

Best gaming hour I've had for a long time, spent most of it flying up and down the hull of B5, wishing I could launch from the Cobra bays.

Sad this never made it to a full game. Does anybody know if the video footage of the cast that was recorded for the game, exists on a hard drive somewhere? It would be great if it was possible to view it one day.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Actually, since we're talking about it, I'm curious. Was live-action footage of the cast shot on regular SD video? I'm sure it was, but it would warm my heart if I knew it was even theoretically possible that the ITF footage is somewhere in a larger format than 720x480 DV.

Actually, even that would be an improvement over my biggest fear, which is that the source material was all 320x240, blocky, webcam-quality stuff, like the original footage from Myst or something.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    My understanding is the footage was filmed on the same sets, in the same studio with the same equipment as the show. It was the last thing they ever did before it was all torn down.
  • Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite Ranger Germany
    someone found a solution jet how to play it in Fullscreen and on higher resolutions?
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    edited January 2017
    I guess I stupidly missed my chance earlier with what Croxis did here, but is this legit?: http://theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/babylon-5-into-the-fire-alpha-210999/
    I haven't set up the torrent on my new server, but here is a direct link: https://croxis.net/b5itf_alpha_demo_990921.iso
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Thanks Croxis...been meaning to do this a long time, finally loaded this and got it running on my Win10 machine, WHOOT! A very cool flying around, even in the 5x6 window in the upper left of my monitor. Flying near to the different ships and hearing the dynamic music change as you got close was neat. Even attempted a docking maneuver with the station, not as hard as I thought, but still a challenge to get the alignment right, match rotation speed and move into the docking bay opening (which leads me to some specific questions about a rotating bay opening as a design element, but I digress).

Since I almost always gravitate to gameplay mechanics as my measure of these types of games, I really liked the level of movement the controls offered, the slew controls on the tophat worked reasonably well (it would have been really cool with some sort of game-pad style stick, maybe positioned on the throttle control to better use the slew functions...) On my HOTAS stick, the throttle and yaw controls were reversed, but on the same hand, so not too hard to figure out.

Just wish there was an easy way to play at full screen.

Jake