Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

RIP Jerry Doyle

WORFWORF The Burninator
We have sadly lost another member of the Babylon 5 cast. Jerry Doyle passed away on yesterday. As I write this no details have been released other than they don't suspect foul play.

May he find the others we have lost beyond the rim.

Comments

• A2597A2597 Fanboy
    Just saw this and was coming to post it...so sad. :(
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Can't believe we've lost another one. And at only 60 :(

2016 is proving to be a really aweful year
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    :(
  • CactusheadCactushead Earthforce Officer beyond the rim
    edited July 2016
    Can't believe we've lost another star from the Babylon 5 universe. RIP Jerry

Here is a link to J. Michael Straczynski's Statement On the Death of Jerry Doyle
    http://www.epictimes.com/07/28/2016/j-michael-straczynskis-statement-death-jerry-doyle/
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    I thought it was a hoax at first. I don't know why but earlier this morning (3am central) I was looking over his Facebooke page, Epic Time's facebook, and just thinking about him and Babylon 5 in general (I think an ad for the book sets popped up and that's what got me started). Hopefully he's now with Biggs, Katsulas, Conaway, and O'Hare beyond the rim.
  • AlaricAlaric Damn kids! Get off my island!
    damn.
  • FreezeFreeze Disguised as a Trainee
    edited July 2016
    In Finland we have a saying that roughly translates to "may the soil be light on your grave"
    See you on the flipside :(
  • FreezeFreeze Disguised as a Trainee
    ... Soil, not sole...
  • CactusheadCactushead Earthforce Officer beyond the rim
    edited July 2016

Mira Furlan
    R.I. P. one & only Jerry Doyle! You'll be missed.

Bruce Boxleitner
    I am so devastated at the news of the untimely death of my good friend @jerrydoyle. During the B5 years, he was a great pal, RIP Garibaldi.

Claudia Christian
    It is with incredible sadness that we say goodbye to Jerry Doyle. He was a brilliant man, a joy to work with and... http://fb.me/6qejg15PU

Bill Mumy
    Get some sleep, pal. And although knowing you it'll take awhile... please... Rest in Peace. http://fb.me/2j4MMTs9Q
  • LorienLorien The First One
    R.I.P Jerry. Will always remember!! thank you
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    Really sad to find out that yet another B5 actor has gone beyond the rim too early. Seems almost like there was a curse among the B5 actors; everyone dying too young. Farewell Mr. Garibaldi.
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    I'm shocked. He really wasn't that old at all.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Sigh, very sad indeed.. And here I thought this year couldn't get any sadder.
  • CanavandriveCanavandrive Registered User
    RIP Jerry Doyle sad to see another cast member gone I'd have loved to meet him.
    I always used to do the Garibaldi lip biting manuever in highschool it got me in trouble a teacher had asked if it was bubble gum i was chewing, no maam this is the michael garibaldi i'm nervous as all hell manuever. Along with his passionate moments on the series, who can forget, "Now Mr. Garibaldi don't make a scene!" He probably was a good politician too as I got the impression he was incorruptible. He also had a speech that touched my heart about knowing or experiencing failure something JMS talked about too. Again RIP we will see you where there are no shadows!
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    edited September 2016
    The cause of death has been revealed as chronic alcoholism. Sad to see that Garibaldi's demons might have just been his own too :(
  • That's so terrible. Addiction also caught up with Jeff Conaway too. Such a sad disease.
  • maxdamagemaxdamage Earthforce Officer
    Sad! :( RIP!