Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Crazy/Fun things to do in games?

so, what are some crazy things you do in games to keep them interesting?

Letsee...
F22ADF, only flight sim I play. First off I blow up my wingman, then the airfeild...then the city. I fly in between cooling towers at the local Nuclear Power plant, then blow it up. Then fly to the next city, land, re-fule, re-arm, repete.

I eventually blow up due to excessive shratnel damage. :D

GTA3:
I edited the Mafia sentinal. I now drives at 500kph. It also has the mass of five trains. It also can only be destroyed by flipping it/landing it in water. :) Crazy street driving action! nothing beats ramming a car, and watching it fly so far it becomes a mere pixle on four screen. I've also managed to get from one island to another by ramping the curb.

Freelancer:
Edited the constants.ini. Cruise speed is normally 300, right? trade lanes are 1200 I belive. My cruise speed was 900,000,000,000 :D now THAT was some insanly enjoyable flying. When I turned it on My ship completely disapeared, my camera never caught up until about 15 seconds after I returned to normal flight speed.
oh, then I made a laser....out of the wyrm class 3 cannons...refire rate of 0.001 seconds. :) hehehe. Lets just say that I sat outside manhatten planet destroying everything. I got on EVERYONES bad side. the rouges hated me, the cops hated me....hehehe

Wheel of Time:
only works online, as you need a real opponant.

Fireball hide and seek tag. :D
Minion Wars: users are not allowed to use ANY TA other then heal/sheilds and summon TA. Five people each with a Champion, Gaurdian, and minion dukeing it out was fun!

Find the seal:
One person is "it" teams are confined to their citidels, the IT person grabs a seal, hides it in midworld, and grabs the next, repete. teams are then allowed out, and have to FIND the seals before then can fight over them. :)

Freespace2:
Attack a Sathanas fleet by yourself....I've yet to destroy more then one without some uber torpedos.....

With B5 mod....attack a sharlin....EEP. yet to kill one.

thats just some of the things I do for fun...you? :)

Comments

• FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    MS Flight Sim: I found a Space Shuttle for MS Flight Sim. I like to take it up to the max altitude (99,000 ft) and cut the engines and try and guide it back in, never touching the throttle. You have to be very careful though, at the edge of the mx altitude, the physics of the game get very goofy and you can get into this bizzare roll thats just about impossible to get out of.

X-Wing: Turn on invulnerability and take down a Star Destroyer all by yourself. Also fun to take on frigates this way. They really start doing some wiggy movements when a single fighter is about to destroy them.

Any racing game: Any racing game with crash damage: Run backwards and see how cool you can make the crashes look.

Jake
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [url=www.x-plane.com]X-Plane[/url]: Mix and match scenarios. Instead of doing a B-52 drop in an X-15, do it in the Space shuttle, or a Piper Cub, or a Boeing 747, or another B-52. Or try a catshot off an aircraft carrier in a Concord.

Fly on Mars with ultra-high-powered Earth planes.

Go into a major city full of buildings and play obstacle course (best to try this with a maneuverable plane).

Go at a high altitude and go straight down, leveling out just before you crash, and your fly at something like Mach 3 at sea level.

Set the weather to the worst possible thunder storm with the worst possible turbulence, and surf through it in a glider.

Pull all the red levers underneath or next to your engines, breaking them all irreparably, and try to make an emergency unpowered landing.

Do the above, but kill all your airspeed first.

Do the full Space Shuttle reentry and landing.

Do the full Space Shuttle reentry and landing with your target airport being a five hundred foot dirt airstrip on a mountain side in Montana.

---------------------------
    When your [i]really[/i] gunning for trouble....

Design a five million ton beamoth of an aircraft that flys purely on inertia, and do any of the above.

...while playing any bubble gum pop music from the last decade, with the bass and treble precisely adjusted so that most of the higher notes cause a piercing pain in your ear drum.

...with a shrill, annoying woman side-seat driving next to you.

...while she sings along with that damned bubble gum pop.

--------------------

Challenging enough for you? Mwhahahahaha!!!!!
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    GTA3: Killing everything in sight. Muhahahahaha!!
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    Dunno why, but...

Arcanum: Putting all your points and backgrounds (IE: Ladies man/Supermodel) into Charisma and Beauty, and then seeing how many times you can get your character laid...
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    OOPS! forgot one of my favorites...

any flight sim....
    find a nice level place, (Run Ways are good)

go fast....inverted...as low as you dare....Eject. :)

SPLAT. if you do it on a runway other planes run over you too... :D

another one, try to take out planes using chaff and flares. :)
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B][url=www.x-plane.com]X-Plane[/url]: Mix and match scenarios. Instead of doing a B-52 drop in an X-15, do it in the Space shuttle, or a Piper Cub, or a Boeing 747, or another B-52. Or try a catshot off an aircraft carrier in a Concord.

Fly on Mars with ultra-high-powered Earth planes.

Go into a major city full of buildings and play obstacle course (best to try this with a maneuverable plane).

Go at a high altitude and go straight down, leveling out just before you crash, and your fly at something like Mach 3 at sea level.

Set the weather to the worst possible thunder storm with the worst possible turbulence, and surf through it in a glider.

Pull all the red levers underneath or next to your engines, breaking them all irreparably, and try to make an emergency unpowered landing.

Do the above, but kill all your airspeed first.

Do the full Space Shuttle reentry and landing.

Do the full Space Shuttle reentry and landing with your target airport being a five hundred foot dirt airstrip on a mountain side in Montana.

---------------------------
    When your [i]really[/i] gunning for trouble....

Design a five million ton beamoth of an aircraft that flys purely on inertia, and do any of the above.

...while playing any bubble gum pop music from the last decade, with the bass and treble precisely adjusted so that most of the higher notes cause a piercing pain in your ear drum.

...with a shrill, annoying woman side-seat driving next to you.

...while she sings along with that damned bubble gum pop.

--------------------

Challenging enough for you? Mwhahahahaha!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats it, You've convinced me to pick that game up...only 30$...
    The best part is, I did all of that in the demo, or learned it could be done in the demo (well, at the moment, the Space Shuttle landing is a bit set in stone, but the next update is supposed to change that).

Anyway, I just got my copy in the mail today, and I'm busy installing the scenery now. There was a mite of panic when, after installing the northwestern hemisphere, there wasn't any scenery in Florida (I wanted to fly over my house), and I thought that there was some defect in the product.

After examining the scenery files, however, I found that apparently, someone move the equator to 30º North and forgot to tell me, so Florida, nay, everything south of the 30º N marker in the western hemisphere, is in the south western quadrant.

Yay. Crisis averted. Would've saved time though if the CD had, say, a map of the Earth with the installed sections highlighted rather than just generic clouds, though. A minor quibble, in any event.

I'll try out some of my own suggestions, and report back on my success (or lack thereof) in a few days.
  • Captain,SimmondsCaptain,Simmonds Trainee trainee
    Lets See, In MS Combat Flight Simulator, I like taking air craft up to 10,000 Meters, and then Noise Dive to 4,000 meters, Pull up, and land.

SFC 1 and 2, I like Tractoring NME Ships into Asteroids and planets.

Ghost recon

Planting Clay-mores, and waiting for NMES to come near, and- Bang........ Or just Throwing Frags in the air, and watching them blow 10 meters befor hiting the ground

Subspace.
    -Pissing People off
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    TA (multiplayer): Set the starting metal,energy to 10000 each. Set unit limit to 20. Play.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Red Faction:

Edited the weapons.tbl so that the pistol had geomod capabilty. By mistake, I gave it too high a variable so one shot took out the entire level. :D I got a kick out of that when one of the guards started firing at me, bullet hit the wall and BAM! Level gone. :D We both fell to our deaths. :p

Freespace2:

Made myself invulnerable, gave myself beam cannons, and took on an entire fleet of Sathanii. :D Funny thing is....that didn't take near as long as taking out the GTI Hades in Silent Threat. :D
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    Vert, try that my way. No cheats, no all ammo...THAT gets hard. ;)

DoM, sounds fun, I'll proably pick it up monday. ;)
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    Lemme see...

GTA3: HIgh Speed Police Chase though the underground tunnel. Can we say BOOM? Also, during a police chase, make sure that both police cars on on either side of you. Slam your breaks, watch them go speeding by, and 99 out of 100 times they'll crash into eachother.

Freespace 1 and 2: The small crevices on the main battleships make GREAT get aways for you, and if you have anyone on your tail, they'll either crash into them or hit their own fleet ships.

F/A 18 Hornet for Mac: Kill EVERYTHING on my starting base, then fly to every other base, destroydesdtroydestroy :)
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Operation Falshpoint: Put a tank on the biggest hill you can find and drive as fast as you can down a cliff and see how far you jump.

GTA3:Fly the airplaneand land in the stadium!
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Freejack [/i]
    [B]X-Wing: Turn on invulnerability and take down a Star Destroyer all by yourself. Also fun to take on frigates this way. They really start doing some wiggy movements when a single fighter is about to destroy them.
    B][/QUOTE]

Remember how in the second mission of one of the campaigns you're tasked with flying an A-Wing to this enemy rendezvous and you have to scan all sorts of ships and such? When I was really little I used to go invulnerable on that mission and blow the crap out of everything that showed up. Frigates, SDs, Corvettes, [i]everything[i]. It took forever too, with just those 2 lasers the A-Wing has.

MS Flight Sim: D/L the Enterprise. Its airspeed is phenomenal.

Any of the classic Jane's sims: Get in a bomber. Fill your bays with cluster bombs (the more bombs a cluster, the merrier). Set unlimited ammo. Let your trigger finger twitch away until some airfield is utterly destroyed... (to bad cities are invulnerable...)

Starfleet Accademy: Pressing the Red Alert and Cloak buttons in fast enough sequence that you tricked your Romulan Warbird into being able to fire while cloaked.

Elite Force: Somehow, in this game, unlike any of my other QIII powered games, using timescale allows you to continue at normal speed while everyone else is slower than a snail. Also does some fun things to weapons fire rate for you...

Deus Ex: 1. Enable cheats. 2. Run into room. 3. Type "Spawnmass lam 100". 4. Run out of room 5. Turn around and enjoy the show.

JKII: Anything with SaberRealisticCombat enabled.
    I'm going to have to try that Elite Force one. :)
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo_1 [/i]
    [B]
    JKII: Anything with SaberRealisticCombat enabled. [/B][/QUOTE]

I HEAR that! LMAO! I left it on at 99 the whole game...

also, Jump, pull troopers. :)

another fun one..

Jump, pull troopers into the sky, land, push trooper again....and again...and again. :) See how many times you can push him, and keep him in the air. :)
    I almost forgot.

Red Faction: Going fishing with the Assault Rifle or the rail gun. :D (after editing the weapons.tbl to allow it to fire underwater)

I also made my railgun rapid fire and gave it an insanely high number of ammo prior to reloading. :D Lets just say that I can take out every guard in the level without reloading my railgun. :p
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    Total Air War: Basically blowing anything up that isn't the enemy. Flying low and fast into enemy territory, killing their AWACS and slithering out again.

GTA3: Random acts of extreme violence (wait, isn't that what the whole game is about?), especially against people who put a dent on [b]my[/b] car.

Raven Shield: Explosives!

Urban Terror (Quake3 mod): Cooking a grenade, running over to an opponent, letting him frag me and laughing insanely when he dies in the grenade blast.
  • ohhh another Urban Terror player :)

*try sniping someone in mid air while strafing

*set gravity to low, set knockback to high, make it pistols or knives only

*dump ALL weapons, get a whole server of 16 people to use their boots as the only weapon and kick everyones bum (literally) :)

*have a bot run around with grenade launcher (warning, suicide version, kills himself + any other nearby)

*build a tower out of 8+ people

*try the impossible jumps on every map

*get killed when you stand on a spawn when your team mate respawns (x invaded y's private space)

*find the hidden messages on ut_laneway2 and ut_rommel

yes, i love this game :D

driver:

*get a fast car and play on san francisco,, see how far you can jump on the main road :)

*crash and have your car spin high in the air
    Attempt to get a cool chase scene in GTA3 while jumping part of the bridge (i.e. cops and FBI cars flying right after you and colliding with each other in midair). MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • Elite Force: Cheat yourself in the cool weapons and kick on god mode on the bridge after the first mission. Take out your frustrations about the series on the bridge crew and take out all comers as fast as you can before you're overcome by the horror of what you've just done. Then laugh as you're given a dressing down in the brig by *******, who you recently vaporized.

Edit: Apparently J a n e w a y is a swear word. I'm not necessiarily disagreeing with you, but :confused:
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    its not just cencered...its a bannable offence. :D

(Don't worry, Sanfamo is pretty nice about it)
    It's a long story. :)
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    X-Wing Alliance: create a skirmish mission that involves taking on an ISD with a full compliment of fighters...and giving yourself no allies or wingmen.

Worf
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WORF [/i]
    [B]X-Wing Alliance: create a skirmish mission that involves taking on an ISD with a full compliment of fighters...and giving yourself no allies or wingmen.

Worf [/B][/QUOTE]

That, or actually fly AS a capital ship. :D (there is a modified table file out there to allow you to do this)
    Ah... *******... I guess the age requirement (in years spent here, not actual age) to understand these jokes is getting higher and higher as time goes by.
    Hint: It was done to poke fun at Hamblin
    Well, true, but everyone who knew Hamblin got the joke, and since Hamblin ain't posted in a way long time, that doesn't help much.

I've long wondered why we never got updated the description of the Zocalo (beyond adding the welcome "Except that". I mean, jeeze, I was here when these forums/fora went online, and I barely remember the Great Zocalo Crash of, um, whenever it was. And if I don't remember, how can we expect anyone new to understand it?

And whatever happened to that FAQ that was supposed to explain things like this? I vaugely remember it going on-line, but I'm not sure.
  • Okay, now somebody's gotta tell me or I might explode from curiosity. That happens sometimes.
    Let me dig around. I think I still have a copy of the FAQ...

P.S. That Zocalo crash happened quite recently (within the last year I believe).