Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Battlestar Galactica Returns

15678911»

Comments

• Spoiler: From what we've seen, without the REssurection ship nearby, Cloud 9 six (gina) died, without the hope of rebirth
  • ArethusaArethusa Universal Cathode
    Spoiler: Yeah, uh, Six died. She didn't get resurrected. That was what gave the entire scene its gravity.
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Spoiler: My point is, it doesn't mean that SOMEONE didn't tell the Cylons where the humans were (pehaps another agent). I just don't think they found it the way they said they did. And, uh, they could have more resurrection ships. ;)
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    [SPOILER]Uh, well, Cylon jump drives, as we are made to believe, are supposed to be far more advanced than colonial ones. So, whats the problem? They detected the explosion... And jumped to the coordinates of that explosion. "Cylon technology clearly outstrips our own"

Just because their ships explode to a few large shells from a Battlestar, doesn't mean their tech isn't more advanced. And since they are infact crawling around EVERYWHERE, it isn't entirely unbelievable they would be within a LY of the planet.

Still - I rather liked this twist. At first, I wasn't sure about it. I for one didn't want the show to become Battlestar: Fighting in the Mud Huts - But it seems that won't last, and everything is just "on pause" right now. The pacing of the episode was somewhat off, and some scenes tended to last too long. Jumping forward a year was somewhat unexpected, but I'm used to that kind of thing from watching Korean dramas which do it all the time. ;) RDM said this would be a love or hate twist, and I'd say I loved it. I'm just concerned for the people standing in the "hate" corner... [/SPOILER]
  • ArethusaArethusa Universal Cathode
    Spoiler: Oddly enough, I came out of it completely ambivalent (albeit generally positive).
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Spoiler: Same here, I have mixed feelings about this season finale. Everything that happens after the "One Year Later" tag basically spoils it for me. While this opens a lot of interesting twists, I'm doubtful that it will have the intended effect of getting people excited for october, but it will have people talking about it a lot on the many bboards for various reasons beyond those intended.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Spoiler: I finally realized why the Cylon occupation scene looked so familiar to me...

It's a watered down version of the newsreels of the Nazi invasion of France...

So anyway.
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B] Spoiler: I finally realized why the Cylon occupation scene looked so familiar to me...

It's a watered down version of the newsreels of the Nazi invasion of France...

So anyway. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats the look they were going for.