Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Things that irritate you...

Comments

• TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    does egg flower soup count?
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Egg flower?
  • Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    Photographers that tell you they'll have your poster done in a certain amount of time but fail to deliver?
  • When my school photographs [i]don't[/i] get lost.

They chose this unique camera angle this year, that makes my head look L-shaped. :D

(3 out of the last 4 years they've lost my sister's and mine... maybe it's the French last name?)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    maybe they just know who u are:p
  • People who make mocking jabs at other people when they're being serious. [subliminal]Especially purple infidels[/subliminal] :)
  • The Planet Earth.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    The planet earth doesn't irritate me. Just a large number of the people who live on it.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]The planet earth doesn't irritate me. Just a large number of the people who live on it. [/B][/QUOTE]

I would have to agree.

also another thing that irritates me is when they Dub, "Edit"(well americanize is a better word) foreign films, foreign TV shows and animes.
  • Dub, as in make it so we can understand the words? Yeah, that's so dumb. :rolleyes:
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Dub Ya too? ;)
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Captain,Simmonds [/i]
    [B]also another thing that irritates me is when they Dub, "Edit"(well americanize is a better word) foreign films, foreign TV shows and animes. [/B][/QUOTE]
    That seems to be in fashion especially in Germany and some others European countries.

And because of that many DVD releases in Finland have been stripped from DTS-soundtrack and instead of it they include german, polish or other dubs!:angryv: :angryv:
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Random Chaos [/i]
    [B]Dub Ya too? ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Definatly!
  • 1: Left-wing hypocrasy
    2: "Common" people who talk too loudly in pubs.
    3: When I jog myself when I'm painting my Space Marines
    4: Evan Chen's score to "A Call to Arms".

Regards,
    Morden
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]4: Evan Chen's score to "A Call to Arms".[/B][/QUOTE]
    Was there music in that?:p
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Well let's put it this way: musical instruments were probably involved at some point.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by E.T [/i]
    [B]Was there music in that?:p [/B][/QUOTE]

If you can call a couple of steel pipes banging an oil drum, then yeah, I suppose you can.

Regards,
    Morden
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]If you can call a couple of steel pipes banging an oil drum, then yeah, I suppose you can.

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

But why would you call a couple steel pipes "banging an oil drum"? It doesn't even make grammatical sense. :D
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]But why would you call a couple steel pipes "banging an oil drum"? It doesn't even make grammatical sense. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

It would to a Texas born American President...

;)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]But why would you call a couple steel pipes "banging an oil drum"? It doesn't even make grammatical sense. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh *sorry*, I missed out the word "music" after the word "drum", what a calamity. :rolleyes:

Come on, you know what I mean. ;)

Regards,
    Morden
    [B]Oh *sorry*, I missed out the word "music" after the word "drum", what a calamity. :rolleyes:

Come on, you know what I mean. ;)

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, FirstOnes seems to be big on the grammar thing as of late... but that aside, I remember agreeing with whatever point you originally made. :)
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    I not seen nor heard the music in "A call to arms".
    But I think you can get great effects and music from the basics. I've seen ppl use drainage pipes as music. And some great loud earthy sounds from plastic drums.
    I have a digeridoo made out of plastic pipe! Not that I can play much. But it does work as effectively as the proper ones. :)
    [B]Well, FirstOnes seems to be big on the grammar thing as of late... but that aside, I remember agreeing with whatever point you originally made. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

If you're talking about the affair with A# and SB on "The Passion" thread, that was just a single incident. Only flame wars like that bring out the; "There's my point, BTW your spelling is crap" immaturity in people. ;)

Regards,
    Morden
    [B]If you're talking about the affair with A# and SB on "The Passion" thread, that was just a single incident. Only flame wars like that bring out the; "There's my point, BTW your spelling is crap" immaturity in people. ;)

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

on "The Passion Thread" - IN "The Passion Thread"

bring out the; "There's..." - bring out the "There's..."

:D

Yeah, we're generally a pretty mature group, and for the most part (SIMMONDS) are capable of spelling. :)
  • ElaKa_KaKanElaKa_KaKan Earthforce Officer
    I think Satan has a special place in hell for CLOSETALKERS...
    there can be no thing more annoying than someone having a close conversation with the inside of your backhead...:shadow1:
    [B]on "The Passion Thread" - IN "The Passion Thread"

bring out the; "There's..." - bring out the "There's..."

Yeah, we're generally a pretty mature group, and for the most part (SIMMONDS) are capable of spelling. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

You should have put; "[i]except[/i] for Simmonds" in brackets, otherwise it just reads like "Simmonds-are", which is putting a plural after a singular noun, which is wrong.

Apart from that, I agree with you.

Regards,
    Morden
    [B]You should have put; "[i]except[/i] for Simmonds" in brackets, otherwise it just reads like "Simmonds-are", which is putting a plural after a singular noun, which is wrong.

Apart from that, I agree with you.

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

Commas go inside of parentheses. For example, you should have written "Simmonds-are,"
    [B]Commas go inside of parentheses. For example, you should have written "Simmonds-are," [/B][/QUOTE]

Er, no they don't, as they were not part of the actual quoted phrase. The same goes for any punctuation marks, which uphold the stability of the sentence.

Regards,
    Morden
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Damn, you. why: all "this";fuss! with-gramar things?
  • ElaKa_KaKanElaKa_KaKan Earthforce Officer
    Because it is a spelling contest. He/She who throws the largest pile of shit unto the other has won. Silly, but entertaining.