Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Bought new B5 movies dvd!

Having commentaries on every movie is great, the menu is beautiful bit but not having ANY trailers is pretty disapointing, you think theu would be consistent.

The TNT trailers produced were so cool its a shame we'll never get to see them...

There was also a 30min behind the scenes B5 special they could'have included but it almost seems like TNT lost all their B5 stuff...from what I was told the season 5 episode previews are not the same that TNT aired...

Does anybody knows whats up with TNT?

Comments

• BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    I would guess that they weren't involved in the slightest with producing the set.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Re: Bought new B5 movies dvd!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shakiroz [/i][B]Does anybody knows whats up with TNT? [/B][/QUOTE]

We've been asking that for years...

;)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bekenn [/i]
    [B]I would guess that they weren't involved in the slightest with producing the set. [/B][/QUOTE]

Probably a good thing, really.
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Agreed.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Re: Bought new B5 movies dvd!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shakiroz [/i]
    [B]There was also a 30min behind the scenes B5 special they could'have included but it almost seems like TNT lost all their B5 stuff...[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, Claudia was a riot when she did that walkthrough, mock-punching extras, etc. I used to have it on tape, but it got recorded over when I taped Legend of the Rangers....which also got taped over and now rests in electron heaven, if there is such a place. ;)
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    My box arrived yesterday. Artwork is excellent as always. JMS says a nice few words about Richard Biggs on the booklet. Again beware of loose discs, I had 2 loose when I opened it. I have to say I was a bit annoyed by the way they re-used the prints from the season 5 discs for the movies. Surely they could have done some new ones with scenes from the movies. Not a major issue really but it strikes me of little effort in that area.

Haven't checked the discs yet but will do tonight... have a feeling we'll be watching Thirdspace... can't wait!
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    does anyone of you who have the box also have an R2 (or non RC1, non Regionfree) DVD player and could check if they work on those?
  • Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite Ranger Germany
    and please post some screenshots :)
    The menu's are much better this time round, really like them. Thank God those scary morphs are gone! I had a look for easter eggs but couldn't find any. One thing I noticed is that WB have changed their sound at the beginning of the dvds (when thier logo comes up). The warm nice boom has been replaced by a horrible hollow sound. Thought I had something wrong with my speakers at first.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]The menu's are much better this time round, really like them. Thank God those scary morphs are gone![/B][/QUOTE]

Good to know I'm not the only one who found it disturbing every time Talia morphed into G'Kar...
    Or when Ivanova had a bit of stubble on her chin before turning into Marcus :eek:
    the dvd's have the Regionalcodes 1,2,3,4
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    YEAH!! that means they Work!!!
    (and off to click the link on the front page)
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Those in Region 2 - DO NOT BUY R2 release! It has two less movies and no extras. Amazon.co.uk has all the details in the reviews.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HuntSmacker [/i]
    [B]Those in Region 2 - DO NOT BUY R2 release! It has two less movies and no extras. Amazon.co.uk has all the details in the reviews. [/B][/QUOTE]
    but better picture quality. specialy at the cgi's because the higher resolution of the pal tv system
  • cornholio1980cornholio1980 Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Alpha-1 [/i]
    [B]the dvd's have the Regionalcodes 1,2,3,4 [/B][/QUOTE] Really? Cool! All B5-DVD's, or just the Movie-Box?

Not that it would matter that much to me... I got a (standalone) code-free player anyway... but with those 4 region-codes supported, I'll also be able to watch the movies on my PC... which is kinda neat :)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by cornholio1980 [/i]
    [B]Really? Cool! All B5-DVD's, or just the Movie-Box?

Not that it would matter that much to me... I got a (standalone) code-free player anyway... but with those 4 region-codes supported, I'll also be able to watch the movies on my PC... which is kinda neat :) [/B][/QUOTE]
    have only the moviebox sas a us versio to check. but think the same was with season 3 as far as i remember right.. read this somewere...
  • cornholio1980cornholio1980 Earthforce Officer
    [B]have only the moviebox sas a us versio to check. but think the same was with season 3 as far as i remember right.. read this somewere... [/B][/QUOTE]
    That's really interesting... Anyway, nice to know, since I prefer to listen to the commentaries on my PC (somehow I tend to understand more with my headphones on than via regular TV). And to make things better for me: I just got the shipping confirmation of the box :). Hope it get's here soon, I'm VERY interested in those commentaries...
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Re: Re: Bought new B5 movies dvd!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B]Yeah, Claudia was a riot when she did that walkthrough, mock-punching extras, etc. I used to have it on tape, but it got recorded over when I taped Legend of the Rangers....which also got taped over and now rests in electron heaven, if there is such a place. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm glad i'm not the only one who taped over this special, I realised i'd done it as soon as i had finished taping as well, I was rather hoping it would be on the DVD set, but alas, it was not ment to be.
    Re: Re: Re: Bought new B5 movies dvd!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Entil'Zha [/i]
    [B]I'm glad i'm not the only one who taped over this special, I realised i'd done it as soon as i had finished taping as well, I was rather hoping it would be on the DVD set, but alas, it was not ment to be. [/B][/QUOTE]
    you can find thet special on some filesharing software...
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    [QUOTE]but better picture quality. specialy at the cgi's because the higher resolution of the pal tv system[/QUOTE]

Higher quality but with two less movies and no commentaries. Quality or content ? Take the vote people. :confused:
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Bought new B5 movies dvd!

[B]you can find thet special on some filesharing software... [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah i kinda figured you'd be able to, i've just beenb too busy lately to look for it.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HuntSmacker [/i]
    [B]Higher quality but with two less movies and no commentaries. Quality or content ? Take the vote people. :confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

i will have both sets because i need the synchro. will put the single rc2 dvsd togetter and replace the rc1 dvds from Thirdspace, River and Call to arms.
    [B]i will have both sets because i need the synchro. will put the single rc2 dvsd togetter and replace the rc1 dvds from Thirdspace, River and Call to arms. [/B][/QUOTE]

and here i am stuck owning just S1 on DVD, this is wha happens when yuo get behind, i think its time to catch up.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [B]Or when Ivanova had a bit of stubble on her chin before turning into Marcus :eek: [/B][/QUOTE]

^that one^ :eek:
  • The Cabl3 GuyThe Cabl3 Guy Elite Ranger
    [B]Or when Ivanova had a bit of stubble on her chin before turning into Marcus :eek: [/B][/QUOTE] That must have been the evil Ivanova ya know like he sovereign in Hercules the Legendary Journeys with Kevin Sorbo.
  • SamsomaelSamsomael Earthforce Officer
    For Region 2, which movies are missing? :confused:

Just heard from a friend that Legend of the Rangers is not in the boxed set. Is this the case for all releases, or just certain regions?
    Legend of the Rangers isn't in any of them, jms has said he'll have that released separately. The R2 release of the movies is missing [i]The Gathering[/i] and [i]In the Beginning[/i].
  • SamsomaelSamsomael Earthforce Officer
    Thanks Biggles :)

Any idea why there is a separate release for Legend of the Rangers?
    JMS says it's not part of the Babylon 5 story or something.