Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Time for a new B5 PBEM game?

Hi all, glad to be here!
Looking around, I see the B5 online RPG PBEM game seems to have fallen into a black hole, or been destroyed by the Shadows. Either way, none of its links are working, and email I sent today to advise them of this bounced back to me, so I think a moment's silence?

----

Anyway, life goes on. So how about starting a new game? Now, I have no experience with PBEM games, but with some coaching I would be willing to run one, hopefully as varied as possible, allowing players to be any race they want, choose any career they want, and well, go anywhere and do anything they want.
I must need my head examined!
Anyone interested in helping me kickstart this thing, please post or drop me an email, and hopefully we can resurrect the ghost of the previous game (I can't see any details about it, so don't know what it was like, but I do have some ideas about how this could go).
Hope to hear from someone soon!
TH

Comments

• StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    :laugh:

Seriously, no.

Personally, I tried only one PBEM wargame (Panzer General) and that was back in the 90's. We played one match and then moved on.

With games like WoW and its ilk, you will be hard pressed to find anyone to play games that way with a broadband connection, unless you live somewhere in the arctic... where your fingers would freeze onto the keyboard or gamepad after taking your hands out of your fur gloves for a minute.

PBEM belongs to a different time but you are welcome to try.

How about SUV-Jousting instead? :D [URL="http://www.videosift.com/video/Society-for-Creative-Injury-Justing-on-a-RAV4"]http://www.videosift.com/video/Society-for-Creative-Injury-Justing-on-a-RAV4[/URL]
  • yeah those days are gone forever.
  • OK, well thanks for your honesty. Saves me from wasting my time.
    Thanx again
    Troll
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Eh, it's only a waste if nothing good comes from it. If you're interested in a mailing list back-end, feel free to drop me a line. I'd be very willing to set something up.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I seriously doubt it. PBEm is still strong in the civ community.