Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

New TLT pictures

RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
There's 2 new images on [url]http://www.babylon5scripts.com/TLT-JMS-Photos.html[/url]
one is a new logo, the other a CGI shot :)

Comments

• David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Aw, they made the nebula all turbulant and icky. I liked the whispy nebula. And the scale. Oh, sweet mother of God, the scale! Please, tell me that someone messed up the layer ordering in the composite, and that the Vree Saucer and Minbari Warcruiser aren't twenty times bigger than they should be. Actually, looking at the perspective, it seems that's exactly what happened. Whoops.

Technically, though, it's very good. And I love the title pic.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I miss whispy too.

But I do think the ship size is a matter of perspective. But I am hung over, so I am prolly wrong.

But

I'm very butty today

But

New Babylon 5.

OMG NEW BABYLON 5!!!!
    You know, I'd need a closer look to be sure, but that might be Fabio's high-detail Babylon 5 that was commissioned for a nonspecific and ultimately canceled project a few years ago, that ended up being used as a special feature (or was it easter egg?) on one of the DVD sets.

The tell-tail is that the "heads" of the cobra bays don't touch the command sphere, but are floating a ways above it. They were attached in the original model.
    Ahh yes I see that.

I think you might be right about the ship sizes, is that the centauri capital ship infront of the sharlin?
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I actually like the new nebula... Very Hubble like... :)

I do believe you are right also David... That's probably what Fabio's cryptive smile was about a few months back. And Look! Epsilon 3 is there... back from Vacation!

Wee!
    Are those clouds I see on it?

Honestly, I'm liking. It keeps the very colourful aspect of Babylon 5 CGI while updating it at the same time.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=JackN;156851]I actually like the new nebula... Very Hubble like... :)[/QUOTE]

They did actually use some real Hubble photos in some of the space shots. The Coming of the Shadows and Into the Fire are two that I can think of off the top of my head. This one, however, doesn't look so much Hubble-like as "I bet there are thunderstorms in space [i]exactly[/i] like those on Earth!"-like. If I see lightning all the time, I'm going to be pissed.
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    I like the new nebulas.
    [QUOTE=Biggles;156856]They did actually use some real Hubble photos in some of the space shots. The Coming of the Shadows and Into the Fire are two that I can think of off the top of my head. This one, however, doesn't look so much Hubble-like as "I bet there are thunderstorms in space [i]exactly[/i] like those on Earth!"-like. If I see lightning all the time, I'm going to be pissed.[/QUOTE]

I'm betting a good guess that the piece of that nebula between the Station and the Sharlin is a hue adjusted [I](Edited)[/I] [B]Orion[/B] Nebula...

;)

Edited for Alec (inside joke) :D
  • ......my ship!
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE=croxis;156847]I miss whispy too.

[/QUOTE]

Whispys gone man, gone.

And good riddance! :)

Cool stuff, apart from the hideous flaws in rendering that is. Man what were they thinking?
    "The pointed end of the Nial goes first, right?"
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [QUOTE=David of Mac;156842]...and that the Vree Saucer and Minbari Warcruiser aren't twenty times bigger than they should be.[/QUOTE]

Could be a Vree Uber-saucer with the capacity to abduct and probe the inhabitants of an entire city in one night...

Jake
    Isn't this front page news worthy?
  • Let's see what's there.
    An EA Midwinter or Hyperion class Hyperion Cruiser.
    A Centauri Primus Cruiser.
    A EA Olympus Corvette. Why the hell would such a short range craft be out that far?
    A Vree Xill class cruiser.
    A Narn G'Quan class heavy cruiser
    A Whitestar
    To the scale, that isn't a typical Sharlin, it looks more to be a Shargotti Class cruiser. Why would they need something THAT big, who knows?
    A Brakiri Avioki Cruiser.
    An EA Crew Shuttle.
    And a Flight of three Aurora Starfuries.
    It looks like they took an in movie shot and composited extra ships in it =P
    [QUOTE=Trident;156908]
    To the scale, that isn't a typical Sharlin, it looks more to be a Shargotti Class cruiser. Why would they need something THAT big, who knows?[/QUOTE]

Check out the perspective on the Minbari ship. I'm morally certain that it and the Vree ship are supposed to be in front of the Primus and Hyperion, respectively.

And I can remember one scene where all those ships visited Babylon 5 at once. As I recall, it was the only scene during the series proper where we saw an Olympus corvette (the others being in ITB and ACTA).
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Nice :)
  • Anyone else reminded of when B5 blew up with that second picture? And that Sharlin does look way too big! Maybe it's the new Mega-Sharlin! The Vree ship looks like it's in front of that Hyperion to me though.
  • There does seem to be some scale issues in the pic with ships. The primus looks too small to me , or am i looking at it wrong.
  • It might not be a Primus though. It could be some other smaller ship that just looks like one from that angle. And if this is from the only Lost Tale that we've heard of, it would be in 2272, a point when I'm pretty sure the Centauri are extremely xenophobic, so it makes me wonder why it's there.
    Don't put [I]too[/I] much stock in this image as state of things to come for TLT...

;)
    [QUOTE=DarthCaligula;156944]It might not be a Primus though. It could be some other smaller ship that just looks like one from that angle. And if this is from the only Lost Tale that we've heard of, it would be in 2272, a point when I'm pretty sure the Centauri are extremely xenophobic, so it makes me wonder why it's there.[/QUOTE]

It's there because it looks pretty in a promotional shot.
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Why are there so many clouds on Epsilon 3? I thought it was a dead world?
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    are dead worlds forbidden from having clouds? mars has clouds, tho admittedly it is yet to be seen if it is dead or not
    *cough* Clouds? *cough*

*cough2* uh yeah... *cough*

*cough* There are no clouds on Epsilon 3! *cough*

*cough2* Too late now... we're past deadline.*cough2*
    Draal is experimenting with the weather.

Fankwank power!
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE=DarthCaligula;156944]It might not be a Primus though. It could be some other smaller ship that just looks like one from that angle. And if this is from the only Lost Tale that we've heard of, it would be in 2272, a point when I'm pretty sure the Centauri are extremely xenophobic, so it makes me wonder why it's there.[/QUOTE]

in the info thats been released so far we're told that the centauri are involved in TLT's story. that would be my guess why its there.

and i think it's a primus :)
    I think it's the scene from Sleeping in Light. It does explain the "Now what is [i]that[/i] doing in the movie?" caption.
    I actually like the idea of Epsilon 3 having clouds...

Anyone remember the pilot promo that had a moon or two as well?

:D