Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Lost Tales to be available in HD through X-Box live

Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
Saw this on Bink today:

Further capitalizing on the success it has seen with Xbox LIVE, one of the leading distributors of high-definition gaming and entertainment content in the living room, Paramount Pictures, for the first time on Xbox LIVE, will offer its feature films for download in high definition. Available titles will include “Braveheart,” “Team America: World Police,” “World Trade Center” and “South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut.” Also, for the first time, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will be releasing its direct-to-video movies exclusively in high definition on Xbox LIVE simultaneous with their availability on DVD, starting with "Sublime" and later "Babylon 5: The Lost Tales".

Linky here: [url]http://bink.nu/Article9779.bink[/url]

Obviously this will be a US only deal. HD B5 sounds awesome!!! :cool:

Comments

• HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    US only? We'll see :P
  • MungrelMungrel Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE=Falcon1;158435]simultaneous with their availability on DVD[/QUOTE]

Phew, not HD only. Thought it was going to say 'released first on HD' then make us wait for DVD so :cool:
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE=HuntSmacker;158446]US only? We'll see :P[/QUOTE]

Well, i don't know about the UK, but over here, the only videos (that are not game related) that are available for download on XBL are trailers for mission:impossible 3, aeon flux and other movies that hav been out on dvd for ages.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Well I haven't got any HD gear at the moment. By the time I do it will probably turn up on Sky One HD. Will be nice to see all the same.

Doesn't surprise me Rubbereagle. Really pisses me off when companies especially Apple launch these really cool new services but they're US only. Ok I know legal stuff in other countries can be trick and time consuming to sort out but still, Europe tends to get ignored big time for these things.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    well, i imagine that for a direct-to-dvd title like TLT the rights should not be an issue, since it'll be released here on DVD without a showing in tv too.
    But unfortunately, the local branches of the console manufacturers, and in part the movie studios, just sit on their butts and reap the income from games, without actually doing much for the consumer. (I know, it's a bit harsh, but i'm pissed off...)
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    hmm..B5 in HD?

My list of things to do:
    1. Buy the DVD
    2. Download in HD
    3. When got HD capable system, buy in HD

:)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    my flatmate just bought a 32" HD tv, so now i'll have something to watch it on at least :D
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    My list would have to start with a HD tv purchase as well :) Luckly the girlfriend has agreed that getting such an essential household item is a sensible idea :D