Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

The first review of The Lost Tales

Aint-It-Cool-News has posted the [url=http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33386]first review[/url] of Babylon 5: The Lost Tales. WARNING: There are most likely minor spoilers in the review.

The reviewer sums up with the following:

"So what’s the final verdict on Babylon 5: The Lost Tales, volume one? As a first effort in a new format, there are certainly a few minor flaws, but I imagine most of them will be ironed out in future volumes, and let’s hope this one sells well enough to justify them. With so many lost tales still to be told in the B5 universe, it will be interesting to see if Straczynski gets a chance to tell them."

Comments

• I hope it is at least as good as 'In the Beginning'
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Hmm that sum up doesn't say much to me. So is it good despite the minor flaws? We'll have to wait an see.
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Regarding the technical part, it sounds good!

Okay, that pretty much covers things from a story perspective. Let’s talk about some of the other positives and negatives. On the plus side, the production values are top-notch. I was a bit worried to hear that TLT was going to be shot almost entirely on green screen, but with a few minor glitches where the characters appear just a little bit too superimposed over the digital backgrounds, the HD image is crisp and clean. [...] Finally, Christopher Franke’s score is as good as it ever was on the original series, [...]
  • No Specific Spoilers ~ but vague ones:

I agree and would add that it is a set of character stories 100%. The stories were touching, more exposition than action, well acted even not at all considering the difficult material. I have yet to decide if I liked it or not but the focus on only a max of four characters in each short was different than I’m used to. It gave it a more focused but smaller feel than I’m used to.

The visuals were nice complements with the underlying theme of faith, care, consideration, and choices heart felt and touching.

The extras were classic: who knew Tracy was such a bundle of energy.

I also would have enjoyed seeing some sock puppets in the hall. Heck, if they had extra budget problems I would have gone up and walked the hallway for free. :)
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Excellent. I really liked the acting of the priest!

I did not find a single flaw...though I did not looks after it either :)