Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

I have seen B5: Lost Tales

I have watched B5: Lost Tales.... lets just say I have a friend in the retail industry who got an advanced copy.

The good and bad:

The bad:

Very few actors in the whole thing... up to 5 or 6 only. Story seems to be very limited with the lack of the multitude of sets from the original show. It comes across as more of a test than an actual B5 story. Some shots look VERY blue-screen'ish.

The Good:

The intro will make some of you cry again (as i did), as it is a recreation of the end of "Sleeping in Light" (I cry multiple times even to this day when watching that episode) with G'kar doing a voice-over. Beautifully done!

The visuals, CGI, animation are VERY good. Much better than the original series and everything we have always wanted the show to look like all these years. Babylon 5 itself looks great with lots of detail, even up close. No more LEGO looking pieces or lo-res textures. You even see the words BABYLON 5 on the outer hull of the docking station. Something that was lacking on the original show, and a detail I never thought about...

The ships all also look much better with immensly more detail, and they get real close to the Starfurys to show it! They show a lot of the ships from the show, though very briefly!

The jumpgate and vortex look much better. Quantum space (faster than hyper space) looks cool.

Chris Frankes music is also nice to hear again!

The acting is good, just wish there were more main characters to see...

All in all pretty good, but seems very limited compared to what it should be, but i still liked it. I wanted more of everything which is good. That includes more DVDs!

To those who are wondering my name is Terry Hagerty. I've been a B5 nut since the very beginning. I have made mutiple B5 creations in Lightwave including a Narn Jumpgate, Drazi Sunhawk, and a Vorlon Fighter.

[url]http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-6414094234410701090[/url]

You can see these at the various B5 sites that feature such things. I have seen them used by various different people's web pages. I hope they need to use one of my models for reference for a future episode! I was making B5 animation with my little Amiga 1200 (with 10 megs of ram, ooooooh!), way back during the first season, but have since upgraded a little!;)

By the way. I am very thankful for this site. The only current reference to B5 I usualy get. Thank you!