Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

TLT Soundtrack review

Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
Soundtrack.net has reviewed the score for TLT:

[url]http://www.soundtrack.net/albums/database/?id=4578&page=review[/url]

Doesn't come across to well really, quite critical to be honest.

Comments

• HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    A little bit too critical. Although, in parts, I'd agree... It certainly isn't up to what Franke did in the past. But this isn't something big. I think Franke just didn't know what to do for this outing, since it's been such a long time since he scored for B5. As with S1, Franke experimented a lot until he established a sound around Season 3. It's similar with this show, he's just not had enough material to work with to get set into anything.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    It was really. Yes it wasn't his best work to date and it was short but it wasn't that bad. I'd give it 7-10 myself. And I think its hard to compare this work to Bear McCrearys. BSG is a very different show and being new Bear has had a great chance to experiment and make the fresh sound the show has, albeit based on Richard Gibbs initial work. It certainly must have been a toughish task for Franke to compose such a short piece after so long. I mean the last new bit he did before this was for the season 4 dvd and that was brilliant.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I agree nearly 100% with the review. I just didn't find the soundtrack to be all that good. The whole set felt too detached from the release and didn't create or reinforce any of the moods. The switch towards the more traditional Tangerine Dream feel that has gone on over the past few years isn't quite something I prefer as it seems too numb and artificial. The Scores around season 2-4 were organic, flowing, and very strong. They made a lasting impact on you and drastically changed the viewing experience by complimenting every single action with a perfect audible cue.