Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Which US Presidential Candidate Do You Agree With?

[url]http://minnesota.publicradio.org/projects/ongoing/select_a_candidate/[/url]

Select "President" and vote on the issues. Then it will show you the ranking of both Republican and Democratic candidates on who you agree with the most. My order was:

Kucinich (D) - 31
Dodd (D) - 25
Clinton (D) - 22
Edwards (D) - 22
Obama (D) - 22
Richardson (D) - 21
Gravel (D) - 20
Biden (D) - 17
Paul (R) - 15
Giuliani (R) - 14
....and the rest

I'm not surprised, seeing as I support Kucinich the most anyways. Surprised Hillary was as high as she was, and I expected Mike Gravel to be higher.

Comments

• Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    It basically told me what i already knew..

Clinton 26
    Edwards 24
    Dodd 22
    Obama 20
    Kucinich 19
    Biden 18
    Richardson 16
    Adolph Guilani 15
    Gravel 15
    Huckabee 13
    Romney 10
    Paul 7
    Thompson 7
    Hunter 6
    McCain 6
    Brownback 5
    Tancredo 3
  • Basically, I find this tool useless...

Ron Paul is who I agree with most, yet according to this thing, he's half way down the list.

So long as Hillery doesn't win, this country will be fine though. :D
    I dunno, i find it an interesting way of doing it. letting you pick the issues and not the people,
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Here's what I had. The funny thing is that it starts out 6 points for Biden, instead of the 20 or 30 points some of you had listed, so I guess I don't agree with everyone. I think part of it is I am not an issues person, rather I want to see how effective someone is at managing all the complexities of something as vast as the US government. Of all the canidates, Giuliani has proven himself most effective in this area.

Jake

Joe Biden
    Hillary Clinton
    Chris Dodd
    Mike Huckabee
    John Edwards
    Rudy Giuliani
    John McCain
    Barack Obama
    Sam Brownback
    Mike Gravel
    Duncan Hunter
    Ron Paul
    Mitt Romney
    Tom Tancredo
    Fred Thompson
    Dennis Kucinich
    Bill Richardson
  • AnlaShokAnlaShok Democrat From Hell
    Obama: 22
    Clinton, Dodd, Edwards, Richardson: 20
    Kucinich: 17
    Biden: 16
    Gravel: 14
    Paul: 8
    Giuliani: 7
    McCain: 4
    Brownback: 3
    Romney: 2
    Huckabee, Hunter: 1
    Tancredo, Thompson: 0

No real surprises there. I am glad to see I have so very little in common with Thompson.
  • All of them must be better than Bush.
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Unfortunately, by the time the primary swings around to my state the candidates have pretty much already been picked and now all I can do is decide between the two in the general election.

Interesting test though.
  • In the many times I have taken this test this is the first time Cucinich hasn't come up as number one.

Clinton 23 - Voted for the Iraq war, I wont vote for her.

Dodd 21

Edwards 20 - He has made up to me for his mistake for being fooled into voting for going into Iraq. VP though.

Obama 20 - That invading Pakastan thing bothers me much.

Richardson 18

Kucinich 17 *shrugs*

Paul 13 -

Now I must wounder if Paul and Kucinich seem kooky because they are or thats just what other people want me to think?
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    They are kooky, but that is the intent. They are there to wave their arms and say hey look at this issues/platform/position. They generally don't have the most palatable answers for the masses, but sometimes do a good job of bring certain issues to the for front.

I get the feeling that the answers in many of the questions were taken directly out of certain candidates positions or speaches.

For example:[quote]We need to ensure that the 'American Dream' remains within the reach of American families, and that means doing everything we can to prevent unscrupulous business people and illegal aliens from undermining its integrity.[/quote]

That is an answer in the mortgage bailout question, but I am not sure what illegal aliens have to do with the mortgage problem. I'm guessing the quiz author just lifted what he or she could from each candidate to provide an answer to the question.

Jake
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Yeah, I found the "answers" rather obtuse and often interrelated. They sure sounded like campaign snippets rather than a true Q&A on candidates.
    As Douglas Adams said "Anybody capable of getting themselves made president should under no circumstances be allowed to do the job"
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Joe Biden 16.0
    Chris Dodd 16.0
    Dennis Kucinich 16.0
    Hillary Clinton 15.0
    John Edwards 15.0
    Barack Obama 14.0
    Bill Richardson 12.0
    Mike Gravel 10.0
    Rudy Giuliani 9.0
    Mike Huckabee 5.0
    Ron Paul 5.0
    Sam Brownback 4.0
    Duncan Hunter 3.0
    Mitt Romney 3.0
    Fred Thompson 3.0
    John McCain 1.0
    Tom Tancredo 0.0
  • I actually got an email from the Mcain compaingn to be a delegate at the republcan convention. i can't do it since i have no free time. you do not need a test; you should know allready who your rooting for.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    [URL="http://www.chrisdodd.com/home"]Chris Dodd[/URL]

[URL="http://kucinich.us/"]Dennis Kucinich[/URL]

[URL="http://www.hillaryclinton.com/?splash=1"]Hillary Clinton[/URL]

[URL="http://johnedwards.com/"]John Edwards[/URL]

[URL="http://www.barackobama.com/"]Barack Obama[/URL]

Doesn't matter as I can't vote for any of them in the primary
  • ? do you live in Florida?
    no Oregon
  • I guess that means party affiliation. If there is still time to switch parties then you still could.
  • According to the site, Giuliani is my #1 candidate. I don't know that I can accurately express how incorrect this is.

Kucinich, Paul, or Richardson would make me very happy. Any Democrat who isn't Hillary I could live with.
    I'm going to stay indi for now =P
  • [QUOTE=the_exile;166087]Any Democrat who isn't Hillary I could live with.[/QUOTE]

I always wonder why people say this. I guess its the hip thing to do on the internet.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Fred Thompson...

We need another actor in the white house

:p
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Stephen Colbert is my candidate now! :D
  • If I recall correctly and was told right, as an Indy in CA we can vote for anyone we want during the Primaries.

In two busses I could find out but the chimp on my back won't let me. :(
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Cobert/Putin 08!
    [QUOTE=Seafroggys;166092]I always wonder why people say this. I guess its the hip thing to do on the internet.[/QUOTE]
    Because if she were to be elected and and even only make it one term we would have spent 24 years under either a Bush or a Clinton. This is NOT in the spirit of the constitution. Also some of the things she has done are very much things done by people who put an intrinsic value in power, also not a good thing
  • Well, we've been under control of Corperate America for 24+ years now, I don't think that's a really big deal :P
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    I have no problem with her myself, but I seriously hope Clinton doesn't get the Democratic nomination for the reason that has become apparent everywhere (even this thread): she is a FAR too polarizing figure to win in the general election. Many people HATE her with a passion and I'm sorry to say that the other candidate would win in a walk.
  • Politicians' personal lives. Unless there being hypocrites is none of our business.

Giuliani got voted out of office.

As some one in the only minority any one can join National Health Care please!
    We spend the most money on health care and aren't near the top on care. Just pay 20% on people telling you your not covered.

Be ware of opposing parties telling us who is too polarizing.
  • Giuliani is a horrible idea. He really is for himself. His own kids can't guarantee that they will vote for him so that is sorta a indicator on what type of guy he is. He got so many skeletons in his closet even Big Bird could mop the floor with him and beat him with the vote.
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    Here are my results. I'm rather surprised that Richardson and Paul are so low as I tend to agree more with them than anyone else. I really don't like Clinton and as much as I would LOVE to have a female president, she shouldn't be the one to get that honor, though I have a suspicion that's the way the whole thing is heading. I still think Paul can pull it off. Let's hope.

Dennis Kucinich 26.0
    Hillary Clinton 25.0
    John Edwards 25.0
    Joe Biden 24.0
    Bill Richardson 22.0
    Chris Dodd 21.0
    Barack Obama 21.0
    Rudy Giuliani 16.0
    Mike Gravel 16.0
    Mike Huckabee 9.0
    Mitt Romney 8.0
    Duncan Hunter 5.0