Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Movie and TV rumors for the next 5ish years

croxiscroxis I am the walrus
[URL]http://croxis.net/pivot/entry.php?id=611[/URL]

[quote]Every year at Orycon there is a panel by a reviewer and industry insider, Gareth Von Kallenbach, in which he talks about the current going ons in cinema and television. (There is also an assistant producer there who worked on every season of Star Trek Voyager and Enterprise who has shed some very interesting light on the subject, alas this is a tangent). Here are the notes I have taken. Now I checked my notes from the past two years and it seems this guy has a good track record for this industry, about 60-85% successful prediction. Now mind you many of these are just being looked at or are in pre production. Never assume anything is certain until the cameras start rolling. Oh, and the basic premise of Indiana Jones 4 and the New Star Trek is down at the bottom.[/quote]

Comments

• MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    The links dont go anywhere
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    [QUOTE]Babylon 5 Lost Tales was a total success. The next two stories are a go and jms will have a slightly larger budget. We will be seeing Garibaldi and Londo. And, down the road, don't be surprised if we see what happens with Lennier...[/QUOTE]

!!
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Ah, thanks for updating! Cool.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [quote]Another casualty of the strike is Seth MacFarlane walked and Fox is continuing production. Not good.[/quote]

Did you hear this right? I don't think that either of his shows could even begin to continue very far without him, esp Family Guy, since he voices so many characters.

Jake
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Aye, fox is recasting the parts
    I would hope that someone at Fox would realize how that would be a mistake of monumental proportions and would not allow such a decision to go through. That would basicly destroy any future value Family Guy could offer Fox, even if they did get the McFarland back. This isn't same as Richie's brother going up the steps and never coming down.

Jake
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    According to the news I'm up on right now, they have [B]not[/B] re-cast the show.

[quote="TV Squad"]The last pre-strike produced episode aired last Sunday which left the studio with the option to continue without MacFarlane and the writing staff, or go immediately into reruns. With November Sweeps upon us and most of their live action compatriots being forced into repeats soon, network brass decided that the hopes of one creator; who you might recall they've already fired once so they could certainly do it again; paled in comparison to the hopes and dreams of beating Desperate Housewives during sweeps month and being able to jack up ad rates to Super Bowl levels (I know these are the kinds of things TV Execs dream of because I watch 30 Rock). And so, tonight will mark the premiere of the first episode ever completed without its creator's blessing.

While the episodes in question were begun with MacFarlane and the writers in place, considering the long lead time animated series must work under (except for South Park who can knock one out in twelve minutes), there are always late changes and edits that are made before each one goes to air, and this portion is what the networks are doing without their showrunner. If the strike continues, however, they may have to get even more hands on. [/quote]
    [URL="http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/11/18/family-guy-goes-on-without-creator-seth-macfarlane/"]Source[/URL]

This indicates that the production components for a total of either four or five unfinished episodes are complete, but waiting for assembly. The problem is not that FOX is going ahead, but that changes may need to be done without Macfarlane's creative input or his voice, if indeed re-takes are necessary for a particular scene. It hasn't been recast, but it certainly may make for episodes that do not offer the same level of quality that a standard production run would.

I'm not trying to give FOX a good image here, but I just hate seeing an accurate story get manhandled into something completely false.
    That makes more sense, but in a protracted strike, I would hope they would know that recasting is just plain dumb.

Jake
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    They likely would. Family Guy is a massive source of revenue for them, which is why they are attempting to push forward into sweeps. It is doubtful they'd have the need for new content following the sweeps season.