Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Why we've not seen more

WORFWORF The Burninator
[QUOTE]One side-effect of this...after the sales on B5:TLT came in, way
exceeding WB's projections, they initiated talks about what to do
next, including commissioning more DVDs. Looking at the calendar, I
suggested that they might want to hurry the bureaucratic process
because we were going to be in a strike situation soon, so if they
wanted to move, they'd better commision a script fast.

And they said in response, and I quote verbatim, "We don't want to be
pressured in the process because we know there's not going to be a
strike this year, we can handle the Guild." - JMS[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-17700"]Source[/URL]

Worf

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Fuckwits
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    knobjockeys
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    executives
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    suits
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Whoa, now, I know things are heated, but let's not say things we can't take back. :p
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Bullriders
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
  • Removers of Susan Ivonava!

What Professor Trelawney sed about Hermoni having a shriveled black heart when it came to seeing the future suits!

As good at there jobs as I am at spelling!
    Get firefox?
  • Dictionary . com

My bestest friend.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I think what croxis is getting at is that any modern version of Firefox has a built-in spellchecker you can enable (if it isn't already by default). Firefox 2.x and such are all capable of using it. :D [URL="http://www.simplehelp.net/2007/09/13/how-to-enable-spell-check-in-firefox-text-forms/"]Find out how to enable it[/URL]. I can bet you'll never go back to dictionary.com again.
    Gnome and KDE, and I am sure other X environments, also have comprehensive built in red underline spell checkers, quite a handy feature.
    The studios need to install a reality checker.
    Or a brainchecker when hiring...
  • Wow, this thread got hijacked faster than I expected, even 'round these parts!;)

The only good thing to come of this prolonged strike and the idiocy of studios that I can see, is that some below par shows will slip into oblivion; too bad that some better shows may face the same fate.

BTW, ever wonder about the fact that in English speech, the expressions 'below par' and 'above par' hold opposite meaning to what they mean in golf!?
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I hate golf with a passion. I mean, why spoil a perfectly good walk chasing after a small white ball all afternoon?!?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    That's why they invented extreme golf. No walking.
    Thats because in golf, you try to get a result below the average..
  • Well okay, that does make sense technically...But speaking more generally, below par is 'bad' in contextual speech, and 'good' in golf...that's what I was getting at, and poorly stated as always.
  • If I spell a word wrong I can look it up to see that I not only get the correct spelling but the correct word.
    'Witch' for instance, I don't know what form that spelling is. Just underlining the word isn't always a help.
    Again, because the meaning is the same. If something is below par, it is below the average measure. If it is above par, it is above the average. A sub-par show is below the average quality level. Works for me. :p
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Is this related to: If I spell a word wrong, and no one is there to see it, is it really spelled wrong?

Similar to the tree in the forest :)
    RC, that is a tremendously deep thought. Good job mate. :)
    The solution is clear. I must alienate every single one of you.

My first step will be a tremendous step forward with the deletion of all B5 content and the re-purposing of the site's content to Star Trek: Voyager and Tremors: The Series.
    After which you will be hunted down and tortured in a variety of horrible ways! :)
    My pitch fork is ready :)
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Sanfam, I would suggest dedicating the site to the greatness that is [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Knight_Rider]Team Knight Rider[/url]

Jake
    I actually found TKR entertaining ;)
    Freejack: Your name vill alzo go on ze list!!

Dad's Army! Absolute classic! :D
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Chuck Noris's Ninja Commandos! Or whatever the hell that show was called.