Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

What are you playing right now?

1232425262729»

Comments

• Hmm. I finished MGS4. I liked the story, but was kind of disappointed. Overall I liked the story, especially the parts talking about the effects of war on civilians, but I was disappointed with the parts that contridicted MGS2. The gameplay was good, but overall, I think I liked MGS2 and 3 more.
  • Skyrim....still...

Have to share this moment. Doing the "party" quest. No weapons, no armor, no magic, no potions...just me, a little money I left on myself "just because", oh, and that dragon that just decided to attack.

Do I run? HELL NO! I AM DOH'VA'KIN! I have my VOICE! I have my HANDS! *CHARGE!*

[img]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/613844102362491301/2F24D1B29FDFFDB4D46B2696BDB34842486510BD/[/img]

I may have gotten some blood on my fine cloths. :( But I won!
  • Duke nukum forever
  • What? Everything I've read about that game says it's absolutely mediocre.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Is "mediocre" a euphemism for "dull and offensive beyond any excuse"?
  • There is a retro quailty to it which reminds me of the original half life. It is fun to play for mindless killing. The double blow job was fun too. I am waiting for the killer DX11 game, still don't see one.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I suppose i'll have to get a DX11 compatable video card before that killer game comes out.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I don't think a killer DX11 game will ever come out. Just about every AAA game released for the PC is a console port and those generally don't translate well.

The future of PC games is with smaller developers and they tend to design games for a wider range of systems.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=A2597;194380]Skyrim....still...

Have to share this moment. Doing the "party" quest. No weapons, no armor, no magic, no potions...just me, a little money I left on myself "just because", oh, and that dragon that just decided to attack.

Do I run? HELL NO! I AM DOH'VA'KIN! I have my VOICE! I have my HANDS! *CHARGE!*

I may have gotten some blood on my fine cloths. :( But I won![/QUOTE]

I have been using my olde bow and arrows (and rocks as cover) to battle dragons so far. It's not very heroic, but it works. I'm still getting used to the whole leveling thing and the lack of classes. It's supposed to be easier but all it does is make it more confusing at first because you can do anything you want, wear any armor you want and use any weapon you want. It's cool but just like universal ammo in Deus Ex: Invisible War, it takes away some gameplay as well.
  • I've been playing some Skyrim lately, if it comes to any surprise...

Luckily it doesn't crash so often as Fallout does with PS3, but I've experienced few. It must really be a hard job to do a working product even for a standardized gaming console. :/

Anyhow, I am very satisfied with the product and also the gameplay. I on the other hand find it stupid if I couldn't wear a piece of armor because "its for higher level only". Now I can use it and look cool, it just may not be as effective till I learn how to properly use it.
    In a way, it made sense before, when you couldn't use everything you found and had to sell it off just to get some coin. Just think of it like the armor you found just didn't fit because the slain foe was either bigger or smaller than you. ;) Now, one size fits all. I suppose as long as it helps improve fun over realism, it's ok. :)
  • I rented Skyrim and have been having a lot of fun with it. It's a lot easier for me to play than Oblivion was. I made an evil magic using High Elf. Though unlike most of evil characters who I turn into rampaging murderers, I'm going more for a "Lawful Evil" style you could say. I'm hoping I can just make people miserable and make myself more powerful, rather than just kill everyone I come across. I also joined that magic college in the north. Winterfell or something I think it's called.
    Actually it's called [URL="http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Winterhold"]Winterhold[/URL], I just got there myself today. ;)

I'm trying to learn as much about magic as I can at that college. I'm having quite a bit of fun even though I seem to have completed almost half of the missions of the main quest. Maybe it gets more difficult the further along I get. I tried to get to the summit of the mountain where the master of the greybeards is living, but I have problems dealing with the cold. :(
  • Got Skyward Sword AND Skyrim for Christmas.

Having difficulty deciding which to sink time into on any given day.
    [QUOTE=Akrovah;194520]Got Skyward Sword AND Skyrim for Christmas.

Having difficulty deciding which to sink time into on any given day.[/QUOTE]

I really don't see a problem here. :D

Got Dried Old Bread AND Chocolate Cake for Breakfast.

Having difficulty deciding which to eat on any given morning.

Let me help you, eat the cake, it has all the nutritious ingredients you need. ;)
  • [QUOTE=Stingray;194521]Got Dried Old Bread AND Chocolate Cake for Breakfast.[/QUOTE]

Ouch!! It's not exactly like either game is treading totally new ground though. I mean Zelda is... you know... Zelda. And so far Skyrim feels alot like playing Oblivion.

Not that either of these is a bad thing. I loved both formulas before, no reason not to love them now.
  • Stupid right-handed Link.
  • I'm also replaying Metal Gear Solid 2 for the five billionth time, and replaying it for the story for the two billionth time, though this time I'm keeping in mind the VR Theory I read about.
  • Oh yeah, I finally beat the original Legend of Zelda and without using any walkthrough or anything, just my memory of what I had done before years ago when playing it, and exploring. I got skillz yo. But the second quest is so hard. The problem is that I can't find the dungeons, the first one was easy, I found the second one pretty easily, but now I feel like I have to bomb every rocky wall and burn every tree to find out what the hell to do. Though I manged to find the final dungeon, the forth dungeon, and the location of the Magical Sword, but I still can't find the third one, and I can't get farther in the fourth dungeon without the whistle!
    Old school gaming yo, you have to wander around trying to figure out what the hell you're supposed to do. I'm thinking of looking up the locations of the dungeons online, but then I'd feel like some loser who can't beat these old games without having my hand held like some baby.
  • Needed a break from Sins of a Solar and a few FPS 'ers. So downloading Star Trek Online. This will be my first MMOG so it is cool it free also. I plan to make a unique race persona and just do some exploring
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Still more world of tanks. Its a fun game, don't know why you guys havent tried it out yet. Free to play, easy to get started in, difficult to master.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I've got my first character up to level 50 in SWTOR now, so will probably start levelling up my alt again. I might have a break from it for a week or so tho, as I spent a couple of solid chunks of time getting to 50 last week.

Now STO is free and seems to be launching some new content in the form of the feature episodes finally, I plan on having a go of that again. Of course, this is all just filling time till ME3 comes out!
  • I'm so ashamed. I couldn't figure out where the hell the Whistle was in the second quest, so after bombing every wall in the second dungeon, I had to look online. And how the hell was I supposed to know that I can walk through some walls on the second quest?! So now, not only do I have to bomb walls to try to get to find secret enterances in dungeons, I have to run at the walls too. And I hate those stupid red and blue bubbles in the second quest! That is so annoying! But yo, I'm an old school gamer and I got the skillz. I ain't gonna go insane and give up. Through enduring grow strong!
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    Have any of you ever played Demon's Souls? This game is awesome. It's a super sadistic game that's as hard as an old school game, and punishes any stupidity or lack of skill you have by killing you over and over again, but it's still fun! Well, for me it is at least. If you don't like to die a lot in a game, I could see you getting really frustrated with this game, but man, is it satisfying when you kill those badass, hard as hell enemies. I kind of bought it on a whim, more because I had heard about how challenging but fun it is, and it's really a very pleasent surprise.