Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Stargate: Universe concept revealed

Comments

• I thought of him, too!!
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    It's reassuring that there is still some brain activity left. ;)
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE=Stingray;188915]It's reassuring that there is still some brain activity left. ;)[/QUOTE]

Where? What?
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Me lose brain? Oh oh!
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Season two begins tonight.
    Ooooooooh!

Ok so who's dead, dying, in peril??? Think it was every one :D ... need to refresh my memory. So many cliffhangers to draw to a close. Should be an interesting episode.
  • Thanks for the heads up, thought it was still on fridays.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    oh crap! I didn't know it was back already!!! SWEET!
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I still haven't watched the last 2 episodes of season 1 yet. Like others have mentioned, I also hate cliffhangers, so I made sure I didn't watch them. This way I can watch the whole story in one sitting and thus avoid the really annoying many-month wait for it to be concluded ;)
    Syfy realised Warehouse 13 is popular on tuesdays, so they moved SGU. Caprica gets the same treatment next week.

Worf
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    on the topic of W13...

For some reason, that show just fails to succeed at introductions and exits. The finales and premiers thus far have been terrible, with the content between being generally enjoyable.
    Sanfam: pretty much, it's the one off episodes that are the most fun. Longer story arcs just don't seem to be something that works with the show.

As for SGU, good season premiere, [sp]although I wish they hadn't started down the same mystical path that BSG took[/sp].
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Spoiler: It may not be going down that path at all. This could all be the work of what's his face that disappeared in the chair. The chair may have ascended him, and he intervened on the baby's behalf.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    A good season opener I thought. And I'm glad I waited till now to watch the last 2 episodes of season 1; it made it much more enjoyable to take the story in.

Anyway, it's left me looking forward to the next episode, so I count it as a success! So now all we need for this discussion to be complete is for Sanfam to come in and tell us everything that was wrong with it :p
    Might take a while since he's busy :p So we might get through a few episodes before he catches up.

Yeah wasn't a bad opener for S2. Kinda wrapped things up a bit quickly, as per usual with these cliff hanger follow up episodes.
    Indeed, I was a little surprised it wasn't a 2-part season opener. On the other hand, as long as the writing and plot isn't broken up too much I suppose it doesnt really matter if its a 2-parter or not
    Another good episode but I can't help noticing that Rush now sees a dead woman. I wonder where they got that idea from...
    Yeah, bit more "Stargate: Borrowing" going on still. And how long before seeing her drives him over the edge as his decisions become more self centered... certainly not holding back on the gritty story-line.

Very cool bridge btw!
    Yeah the bridge was sweet! Pretty dark ending for Riley tho, which is a shame as I kinda liked him
    I was really surprised at Riley's death. But they handled it well. He didn't want to suffer, he knew he was going to die, even if they got him out, he saw the blood.

I think the Col is going to visit some dark places this season.
    unless they resupply from the ship they are about to rendezvous with they are out of shuttles.
  • Good point Spirit
    I'll say one thing for SGU, I also might not like the ever increasing distance between it and the other shows, but it does keep me coming back for more. Which is more than I can say for any other scifi show out there right now
    It might be stealing ideas from BSG but at the moment it's the best scifi show of it's kind we have at the moment.

Perhaps the shuttles are going to be replaced by Vipers in the next episode...

Worf
    No new shuttle's or Vipers so far...tho I doubt thats the last we see of that seed ship
    I would imagine we'll see it again too.

Is it just me or did those aliens look pretty similiar to the ones from last season? They're not blue but their faces look alike and they seem to make the same sort of noises.

Worf
    It's good too that they're "proper" aliens still, and not just "men in rubber mask" aliens
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE=SpiritOne;190061]unless they resupply from the ship they are about to rendezvous with they are out of shuttles.[/QUOTE]
    Well there is still the shuttle from the pilot episode, where the Senator died in. All that's really wrong with it, is the front window.
    I think they are right to pull SGU away from its roots. Clinging on to SG1 is what killed Atlantis, along with some rather stupid casting decisions and writing. I would say they've learned a lot from what happened there and with Enterprise. For me the style of SGU works very well and like others have said it is worth coming back too. I look forward to each episode.

That gate ship was very cool and those little aliens look interesting. I guess there is a little similarity as in they are a bit boney and weedy looking. Maybe its a trait shared by species in this sector.

Shadowdancer, if Vipers show up I'd be worried :p
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Quite a bone chilling ending there, too bad they fucked it up with another montage song.