Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Stargate Continuum

Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
So the final Stargate Sg1 installment will wing its way onto tv on the 29th July. Will it finish off the saga with a bang? Have to say confidence isn't high after the rather flat Ark of Truth release. Anyway there's a teaser trailer out:

[url]http://cool-sci-fi.blogspot.com/2007/10/starring-richard-dean-anderson-ben.html[/url]

Looks ok... we shall see...

Comments

• SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I can't say the trailer looks all too promising. It seems to follow the flawed premise of "More is better" while using a long-expired plot template. Didn't they (basically) do this same thing in almost every single other time travel/alternate universe episode?

Hell, isn't this more or less what they ended up doing in the perfectly satisfactory (and completely awesome) Season 8 closer?
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Meh, even if it is I'll still watch it. Especially as it has O'Neill back and also has Cliff Simon's Baal, who is just awesome any time
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    Yes, his stereotypically diabolical appearance combined with Boer accent is a perfect combination for a classic villain.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Seen it before. Pretty kool. :)

And yes, Baal is teh awesomest.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Oh, you're using 'C''s now? :p

I think this could be quite a good one Sanfam, even if it is going back to the 'old formula', it should still be good fun. Stargate afterall has never been one of the more serious sci-fi shows anyway, so if it does herald a return to some good old fun, then it will have succeeded in my mind.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Some good old fun is much needed. I did find the trailer badly put together, the music was naf and it looked rather slung together in 2 seconds. But I won't judge a book by its cover.

Anyway there's a least a slim chance it will be good. Its got O'Neill and Ba'al for starters.

"Ba'al? As in Bat-chi?" :D Hope we some more of that humor :)
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE=ShadowDancer;173547]Oh, you're using 'C''s now? :p

I think this could be quite a good one Sanfam, even if it is going back to the 'old formula', it should still be good fun. Stargate afterall has never been one of the more serious sci-fi shows anyway, so if it does herald a return to some good old fun, then it will have succeeded in my mind.[/QUOTE]

Oh, thanks. Fikksed it..

:p
    Deny it all you want, I saw the truth Messiah!!!! :p