Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

David Tennant quits as Doctor Who

In BetweenIn Between The Ultimate Lurker
Say its not so ...........

[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7698539.stm[/url]

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    That's a real shame, far more so than Eccleston leaving.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I agree :(

I was really hoping he would stick around, it looked like he might for awhile.

Worf
    The problem with knowing that, we now know how the 2009 Christmas special will end.

Worf
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Too bad :(
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    boo! hiss!! and yeah.. damn it!
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Meh, I still prefer Eccleston
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    My niece is a big fan of the current Doctor Who (she is about 7) and will be quite upset to know he'll be leaving!
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    It's tragic, but at least it offers Moffat a completely fresh start.
  • Wasn't the reason for the hiatus so that he could go play in the theatre?
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE=WORF;176726]The problem with knowing that, we now know how the 2009 Christmas special will end.[/QUOTE]
    Yes, a radioactive piano drops on his head! :D:D:D
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Silly pianos!

:(
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Nooooooo :(
    Does this mean the next Doctore is th e"last" one? (You know they will find away around it)
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [QUOTE=WORF;176726]The problem with knowing that, we now know how the 2009 Christmas special will end.[/QUOTE]

Or how the 2010 season will begin. Honestly, given that they know that we know that this is coming, I'm sure they'll try to make it a surprise. They learned their lesson from the Eccleston regeneration. They were really good with the fake-out last year, to the point where Tennant "let slip" in one interview that he only had one scene with Piper in the finale.

[QUOTE=Vertigo_1;176737]Wasn't the reason for the hiatus so that he could go play in the theatre?[/QUOTE]

Apparently, it had been planned for a while before that. It was just a happy coincidence.

[QUOTE=croxis;176745]Nooooooo :(
    Does this mean the next Doctore is th e"last" one? (You know they will find away around it)[/QUOTE]

Nope. Next one is eleven. He has 13 incarnations, so there will be two more after Tennant's successor until they run into that little bit of lore.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    though he might have spent one when not really regenerating this season...

I think that maybe the 2010 season won't begin with a regeneration episode, but allready with a new doctor. (Actually, it could be a fun idea to start the episode without knowing who the doctor really is (though unfortunately in this day and age, they won't be able to keep the casting secret), with a handfull of possible characters, and only in the second or even third act reveal who he is..)
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    He can have sex with his daughter and have a new set of reincarnations from the child.
    Apparently Russell T Davies and Steven Moffat are working together so the last of the specials ends where series 5 will begin.

Actually, it's a good cliffhanger, with the last special ending with a regeneration and a brief glimpse of the new doctor (if they're really clever, they won't reveal the identity of the actor before this).

You know what would be funny? On the last special, we'll be expecting a regeneration but then none comes. Infact it will turn out that he isn't leaving at all, he's just enjoying playing a trick on the audience.

Okay, not very likely.

I feel sorry for whoever is cast next.

Worf
  • well thats all for him. I think it will be an older guy.
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    *sigh* all good things come to an end. I wish John Barrowman wasn't Captain Jack cause he would be awesome, and well.. he's also hawt ;)

I just hope they can get someone better than Martha and Catherine Tate.. but not as good as Billie Piper :)
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I can't blame him... he probably doesn't watch the show either. :D
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE=PSI-KILLER;176759]well thats all for him. I think it will be an older guy.[/QUOTE]

Patrick Stewart? :p
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    That would rock. :D
    Patrick Stewart would be awesome.
  • Yeah, the fact that they would not even be able to pay his salary would prevent that from happening.

It would like double the budget.
  • Patrick Stewart would be amazing, he really likes stage acting more I hear. Watched him on an interview with Charlie Rose.
    [QUOTE]Moffat is quoted as saying: "Although I loved Peter Davison and Paul McGann, probably the best two actors in the role, I don’t think young, dashing Doctors are right at all.

"He should be 40-plus and weird-looking — the kind of wacky grandfather kids know on sight to be secretly one of them."

The article also speculates that the next lead actor will be well-known, quoting an interview Moffat did with Doctor Who Magazine back in 1999: "Any actor with the ‘right stuff’ is unlikely to be a complete unknown.[/QUOTE]

Quoted from [URL="http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php"]GallifreyOne[/URL]

I think the odds just went up in favour of actors like Patrick Stewart and Stephen Fry (who I'm hoping for).

Worf
  • Stephen Fry would be pretty spiffy.
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    I don't think Patrick Stewart would take on another TV series.. I think he has enough conventions to go to now :P
    Stephen Fry would add a whole new level of humour to it.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Honestly, I think Stewart as anything else on TV right now would be amazing to an American audience, what with his current roles on American Dad and Family Guy.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3hzOZL38m4[/url]
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8kgFQqA0Zs[/url]
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeJK4lrbsZI[/url]

Just saying...