Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

iPhone/iPod Touch

SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
This is a quick and simple survey...

Who here owns and/or operates an apple touch-screen device on a regular basis? I'm investigating, for the sake of a class project, creating a useful application for our humble domain.

If you do own one, what would you like to see on a FirstOnes iPhone/iTouch app?

Comments

• I don't. :)
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I dont, but I plan to in the phuture.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I dont, but I do have an LG touchscreen phone ;)
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    Got a 32 gig touch myself. Would probably be useful :)
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    i've an 8 gig iPhone myself.
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    I have 6.1 Gig Iboner I don't know how long it will last.

It needs to be updated soon.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Unforunately, i succumbed to the siren calls and now have an iphone
    My wife was dead set against me getting an iphone, "it's silly, you already have a PDA, it costs too much"

Then when the 3g came out, and i could get one for $199, and my PDA died, i convinced her to let me get one, now, when her contract expires on her current phone, she wants one too.
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    Johnny: are you running for Refa's replacement?
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    Uhh no does it look like I have self-harming asian women around me?
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    I can see why they didn't call it "iTouch" with people like Johnny and Refa :p
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I have a 16gb 1st Gen Touch so yeah such an app would be ace! Gotta have some B5 while on the commute to work :) Apart from Chris Frankes tunes of course...

I was going to get an iPhone 3G when my contract came up but decided to stick with Vodafone and upgrade to a Sony E C905. Nice looking phone but just typical crap software. When connected to my wifi network at home and I try any web app, it activates 3G! Eh duh!! And the web browser doesn't work from the main menu as its broken. Sigh... funnily enough my Touch doesn't have any such problems. Maybe next time round I'll get an iPhone. Hopefully will be cheaper by then.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Re-bump. Thoughts, suggestions, comments, verbal abuse?

Keep in mind that this would also be compatible with the T-Mobile G1 and the Palm Pre. Some of the functionality would initially be lost on these devices, but future optimization will occur.
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    What about the Blackberry Storm? I am planning on getting one of those in a month or so. Wouldn't mind some optimization for that :)
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    I am looking into getting one.. but I wouldn't settle for anything not freed.
    Well, I just decided to keep my old phone, phone company gave me an incentive to keep my account after it ran out, and seeing the iphone has such a crappy camera, Ill keep my SE..
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Seeing as I've given in and gotten myself an iPhone now, I was just wondering if anything came of this Sanfam?
    did you get a 3g or a 3gs?
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    i only use phones that come free with my plan
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    Update:I have a jailbroken iPhone, I only use wifi and I swapped sim cards with my blackberry
    I actually got it a couple of weeks ago, so it's only the 3G model
    I was thinking about the 3GS, but i've still got time left on my contract, they will allow me to purchase one for the "Upgrade" price, not the "Subsidized" price, which means $399 for the 16gb. my wife is eliglble for the other, so she'd only pay $199, but i don't want to add the extra $30/month to the plan for the 2nd iPhone. so i think i'm going to wait till next year when my contract is up (i can technically get the subsidized price in december) BUT.... I've heard some rumblings that ARM will have a dual core processor for the iPhone out next year. so next years new iPhone (3gsDuo?) will be a dualcore. I may just wait a year, as my 3g works just peechy.
    Yeah to be honest the 3G model is quite sufficient for me at the moment, although admittedly if I had thought about it I would have waited until the 3GS had come out before getting my iPhone. However, next year I will (hopefully) have graduated and gotten a job, so I'll be able to afford to upgrade to the newest model.

I installed the new software update last night and have since been playing with it. Have to say that it fixes a lot of the little niggles I had with the iPhone. Cut n paste and MMS being the two biggest limitations. I dont think there's really anything else that I really would want them to improve on. Battery life could be better, but thats the same with most gadgets heh
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    Don't and won't: No 900MHz UMTS... big size without any display resolution advantage and capacitive screen... must be nice to use that same finger through sweaty summers and cold winters.
    (but ordered Nokia 5800 today for being able to check weather radar pics also when not having laptop)

Oh, and guess its price in "subsidized" ball&shackle peddling.
    Yeah, the new camera has renewed my interest. Ill be checking it out soon..
  • I'm holding out for android phones on verizon.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I read an interesting article yesterday where analysts in Japan basically summed up the reason why the iPhone, and soon the new Android-based phone, are not as massively popular here as elsewhere, as "they do less than every other phone on the market."

In other news, I want to be an analyst. It sounds like a pretty cushy job.
  • Then why don't the makers of those phones push them in the US? Is it infrastructure?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Mainly because the markets are just too different. It's not just what the cellphones do, it's the way they do it. Infrastructure does come into it (the phones here all pretty much require a high speed connection), but that's an adaptable thing.