Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Just 32 days until....

... BSG returns!!!! Can't wait :D

I find the anticipation is killing me but at the same time have mixed emotions. In a way its good its ending on a bang and not being dragged to death, but it will be sad when it goes. It will be hard to imagine saturday nights without a new BSG to watch.

Comments

• StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=Falcon1;177950]It will be hard to imagine saturday nights without a new BSG to watch.[/QUOTE]

No it won't, it's been like this ever since the last episode aired. :D

And I don't care either way, but I'm happy for you. :D
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    A bit to tide everyone over:

[url=http://youwillknowthetruth.com]You Will Know The Truth[/url], with new clues and previews added every couple of days leading up to the premiere.

[url=http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/webisodes/]The Face of the Enemy[/url], a ten-part webisode series about a series of mysterious deaths on a lost Raptor. [url=http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SevorTB&view=videos]This guy[/url] is reposting them on YouTube, for our international friends (and he's posted all the various ads and teasers from the Sci-Fi Channel, for everybody).
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=Stingray;177951]No it won't, it's been like this ever since the last episode aired. :D[/QUOTE]

There is no way anyone can argue with that logic.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    And the year between season 3's conclusion and the first half of season 4.

Worf
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I'm really looking forward to the end, but I agree it'll be sad when its over. I know some here are apathetic towards it, but I really like it and consider it one of the few quality scifi shows left on tv. I cant help worry if there'll be anything to replace it?
    [URL="http://forums.firstones.com/showthread.php?p=177963"]This[/URL] will replace it.

Worf
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Just thought I'd point out that Caprica has been green lighted for a full 20 episode + pilot season. I seem to remember the wording on the anouncement was strange though. Sounded like it will just be a special one season prequel. Not an actual muliti season series.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Give the man a cookie!
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Damn, even as a dead body on a Raptor deck, Grace looks hot. :P
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Maybe Caprica will fill the void BSG leaves behind. Well its obviously meant too. Fingers crossed its good. Being signed up for 20 episodes is a good sign, as in the studio feels confident.

I dunno Worf I'm a bit apprehensive of Stargate spinoff 19th Special Chevron Adventure. RC joining the cast has eased it a bit though.
    I can't say I'm looking forward to Universe either, unfortunately it's the only space based show I know of that will be around after Galactica finishes. From what little I know of Caprica, it's mostly going to be set on the planet.

Worf
    Stargate has never taken itself that seriously, especially in recent years. I wouldn't mind if Universe takes a darker approach...I don't want another Voyager... Rather, let's have an Equinox crew. ;)
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I disagree with that first point. Stargate SG-1 certainly took itself very seriously straight through season five. While six to eight were a little more light-hearted and self-mocking, they gave the character nothing less than the fullest attention.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    As a matter of semantics, I'd say it took itself rather less seriously from season 2 onwards, although it was more subtle than in later seasons.

HuntSmacker: I dunno, Atlantis has had its dark moments, but I agree it would make for a more interesting concept it they went the Equinox way. But then to my mind they'd run the risk of becoming a BSG copycat show
    Well if it's either a 'Trek copycat' or a 'BSG copycat', which would you rather have?
    I'd say the Atlantis team is already taking the Equinox path, look at some of the morality (or lack of) behind some of the decisions made. Michael's creation being a prime example.

Worf
    [QUOTE=ShadowDancer;178012]But then to my mind they'd run the risk of becoming a BSG copycat show[/QUOTE]

You make it sound like that's a bad thing. As a show BSG set a new standard. I just hope they don't copy all the things some of us don't like about it. :D
    Oh I know, it wouldnt be a bad thing necessarily, and given a choice I'd take BSG over Trek copycats. I'm just dubious that the writing team can pull it off given some of the decidedly mediocre episodes of the last few seasons
    I just found out there's a 10 part web series leading upto the second half of the season. Not sure if it's any good yet, about to check out the first three episodes that have been released already.

Worf
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Ouch. ;)
    Useless bit of info, apparently this is the house used as Baltar's pad with the view of the lake:

[url]http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&t=k&om=1&ie=UTF8&ll=49.448618,-123.237891&spn=0.002473,0.004828&z=18[/url]

Looks a nice spot. Just north of Vancouver too. Hey Dax wanna take a drive up there and check it out for us? :D
    I'd love to own that piece of real estate! :)
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    If all goes according to plan, the day the new season of BSG airs, will be the first full day of us owning our new house.... wonder if i can get the TV and Dish moved over in 1 day!
    That should get top priority!

Worf
    First thing that got sorted out when we bought our place was the tv, broadband and phone. Think it was the same when I got my flat as well. Got to get these things done :)
    Unfortunatley Until closing, we can't really get any of that done, with Broadband, i might just sign up for a new account, then cancel the old one, If i knew 100% that we were getting the place, i'd call DirecTV now and schedule them to be there on the 16th. But until the actual day of closing, it could still fall through...
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    Hows your credit?

A long time ago I found a rather huge blemish on my credit report that was promptly removed.

In more recent times there was a random collection that I had no clue about, which was removed as well.
    [QUOTE=JohnnyOnTheSpot;178306]Hows your credit?[/QUOTE]

Does that still mean anything after the sub-prime bubble burst? You'd think after all this, people would bank on savings instead.
    My credit score is fairly average, not great, not terrible, mostly because i have spent the last 18 months repairing it. but while the score itself isn't phenominal, there are no blemishes on my report, sure, there are a couple of paid collections, but there is nothing left to repair that can be repaired by anything other than Time. Everything is Paid. I am Bad Debt Free, we still have debt with the Car Loan, and will soon hopefully withthe Mortgage, but no past due accounts at all.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    That's a lot of proper nouns.