Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

So what are people doing for Christmas?

I think this is usually the type of thread Dax starts so I thought I'd beat her too it :D

So to repeat the subject title, what are people doing for Christmas?

The gf and myself are spending our first christmas in our new house :) Going to be really cool and a bit strange at the same time. I've never missed going back to Ireland for it and was dreading the phone call "ma I won't be back for it this year". But she took it well and to be honest it would have been a struggle as our work holiday clashed badly. We're going over in the new year so no doubt will be having christmas dinner number 2 when we get there :p

Now roll on tuesday when I can finish work! Woot!

Comments

• I will be home with wife, stepson, and my new baby boy, his first christmas. Will go out to visit my mom on Long Island sometime during the day.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I'll be working xmas eve, then I'll be home with my folks and brother for xmas, and then boxing day i'm working at 9am. bloody retail :(
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    lets see, christmas day we're going to my father in laws, then sometime that afternoon we're going over to my mother in laws, then meeting up with my daughter and her fiance (or husband if they get the paperwork done today) then eating myself into a coma.
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    [QUOTE=PSI-KILLER;177983]I will be home with wife, stepson, and my new baby boy, his first christmas. Will go out to visit my mom on Long Island sometime during the day.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!![/QUOTE]
    Come see me psi-killer! heh

Well I am supposed to go out to Aunt's in Maryland today but I'm really not looking forward to an extended trip with my dad. I don't know I'll probably end up going and coming back tomorrow, finding all the groceries I just bought eaten by my brother.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Watching the Doctor Who christmas episode.

Worf
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    Also trying to [URL="http://www.geocities.com/mrdata33/freeze.jpg"]unfreeze[/URL] myself. :(
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Probably eating and drinking too much, like every other year. :D
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    hey! well you might have beat me too it.. but we are taking our Christmas to a new level this year- the internet!

Peter and I couldn't afford to get tickets across the country when the getting was good so we decided to spend our 2nd Christmas together here in Vancouver.

And you can see it! We'll be having a webcam going while we open our Christmas presents for our families on the East Coast and I might just post the hours and address :)

We are having turkey dinner on the 23rd (my 3rd turkey cooking!) and going snow tubing on the 26th but other than that a nice quiet holiday. This month was full of parties and today starts our vacation! :D
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Well, we will be staying in Texas, having our little christmas with the kids. I think my mom and sisters are going to come down from Wisconsin shortly after. Not much else.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    To get you all in "mood" for christmas:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hN-4gqlLrc&feature=related[/url]
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szLmAPW39uE&feature=related[/url]
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJISYEbPF4E&feature=related[/url]

And the "original": [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD4g0gmQSLk[/url]
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Falcon1, similar circumstance here. Callista and I are going to be attempting to spend the time here. However I am working Christmas Eve. It won't be too crazy, but it won't be as nice as not working.

Dax, You need to stop re-enabling mental wifi without using proper encryption. I was plotting a webcam setup between here and my parents' home, as well :p I have a thought. Would you guys be interested in a video conference Christmas? :D We don't have much in the way of crazy gifts, but we do have a system that needs breakiing in (or just plain breaking :p)

We also tried planning a christmas party for the 21st and 22nd, but neglected to consider that none of our friends would actually be around due to the school being out. So as far as that goes, we're just probably just going to spend the time by ourselves. Yeah, not in any way sad or lonely ;)

A turkey may happen, but it also may not. If there's only two of us, it might not be worth the time, hassle, or money to conjure it.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Ill be home with my parents, which is awesome, at the same time as Im pretty bummed out, having left the gf in Stavanger, and possibly not seeing her in a looong time.

Anyway, christmas food is great here, which it isnt in Norway. And its going to be awesome to start playing boardgames with my friends again after 4 months of absense.

For the people at the firstones group on facebook, check out my pictures in the albums "Stavanger" and "Stavanger II". For those not in that group, :confused:
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    Sanfam: yeah, we'll do the snow gift webcam simple thing with our family and then we'd totally be up for some web conference NY action!

you aren't going to long island?
    I will not! Employment (straight up to Christmas Eve) has chained me to Rochester. I would have loved to go down, but oh well. We have a tree this year!
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Go to the cinema, have some good food, eat cakes, etc..
    I still need to post photos of stuff.

Dax, got any photos of the gifting region and/or tree?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I will be working on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    [IMG]http://aurora.omgod.com/gallery/d/6717-2/tree.jpg[/IMG]

Here is our little tree in our solarium. :) Ah early morning Vancouver.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Ah, the Holidays...

Will just be Jill and I and the Dog and the Cat. Two more days of work, and a 5 day stretch of much needed rest, peace and quiet.

Holiday food will be an untraditional Slow Cooked Pot Roast with Tater's and Carrots and Celery and gravy... Yummy.

I get to splurge with a celebratory drink of Kentucky's finest Amber 80 proof and Coke-a-Cola on the rocks, and a nice Cherry and Pipe Tobacco Cigarillo.

Things at work are busy, but going well, and I count myself lucky to have this job and understanding employers, as well as Insurance for this years craziness.

Sadie will see her first Christmas, and Friskey his Second. I still miss my Tater, but the pain subsides a little more each day even though the memory will never, just as with those that have gone before in years past.

2008, as I look back over the last 10 years has been one hell of a ride this last decade. Many things resolved this year and new frontier in front of me. A bit spooked and jittery looking into the unknown.

:)
    Dax, you may want to check that link. It's kinda not going to work, what with it being an email attachment :p
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    I don't know what you are talking about :P
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Nothing special. Home for the holidays with the family: Christmas Eve at the soon-to-be in-laws and Christmas Day with my family. Fun times.
  • Quite regular christmass for me, going to my parents place, sauna & lots of eating.

I'm waiting more to the new years eve, going to have a good party!
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Good to hear festivities went well for everyone :) Ours went well, first attempt at cooking a turkey went without a hitch and tasted pretty good too :p A fine feast was had! So now its back to work for 3 days and then off again for the new year and the week after.

Dax, thats a good idea doing an internet xmas. Shame I couldn't do that with my folks as they only have dialup. They live out in the sticks.

Btw managed to bag BSG seasons 1-3 boxset for £15 this afternoon in the sales. Result! :D
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    Yeah, it was the only option for us since most of our family is across the country.

You could always tape it on a video camera and send it to them?

We went snow tubing on boxing day, [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppsw03ZKG2I&feature=related"]here[/URL]'s a taste of our 1337 video taping skillz!
    Lots of not-snow tubing in that there film :P
    We had a slow, if enjoyable time here.

Similarly to Dax, we had a video chat with my family, opening our gifts on camera for one another. It was a great experience that needs to have better cameras next time around.

Also managed to pull up some mighty fine swag this year!
    Galactica Season 2, DS9 seasons 6 and 7, The Dark Knight, Wall-E, and A Colbert Chrstmas!

Also got this year's Hess Truck (which is pretty neat), and a Bitchin' watch! There's also a snazzy framed print from Astroland that needs to be wall mounted somewhere.

Callista also gave me a lucky kitty, as well as a stuffed plushy kitty to remind me of Annie at home.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I actually bagged some additional swag yesterday along with BSG. Got seasons 3,4 & 6 of 24 along with season 1 of Prison Break and Kyle XY season 1. Never bought so many dvds in one sitting but the prices couldn't be ignored (closing down sale basically). Now I need to rejig the dvd tower which technically means I need to buy another one :D Oh well our new Ikea will be open at the end of january.

Haven't got a camcorder Dax so couldn't do that. We're flying back next saturday anyway so will be having christmas prt 2 :)
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    I am still waiting for package 2 of 2 sent from my mother, stupid UPS and screwing it up :(

I did get some really cool stuff already though! Peter gave me a TARDIS! USB hub and a book called "Are you Dating A Geek?" where he printed off the word "Marrying" in the same font as the cover of the book and stuck it on instead.

He also gave me a digital picture frame, some comfy pjs and Puerto Rico (Board Game)- that I finally beat him in last night!