Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

And so the end begins (Galactica) (S4.5 Spoilers through current episode)

Comments

• WOW!!!

;;head spins full 360's
  • [QUOTE=Vorlons in my Head;179232]Well I'll tell you one thing. Hotdog turning up to be the real daddy of Callies kid looks like it's obviously intentend to get anything that ties tyrol down out of the way so he can eventually reunite with Boomer for good or bad. Whatever is in store for chief very likely involves boomer.[/QUOTE]I have a feeling that was more of a "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!" moment, re: Hera.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    When Hotdog was revealed to be the father, a scene from season 3 came to mind where they were in the briefing room.

Helo sits down next to Hotdog, who is scratching the inside of his leg. Helo notices.

"What's the matter with you?"
    "I've got this wierd rash."
    "Hope she was worth it buddy!"

At which point Helo gets up and moves away to the next seat.

Worf
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Hotdog? More like [i]Horn[/i]dog, heh, heh.
    Anyone still thinking Galactica has lost it? :)

Worf
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Well, I'm surprised not a single main character gets seriously wounded (Helo's scratch on the head being the worst), maimed or killed in this uncharacteristically clean mutiny. So yeah, color me shocked. :D
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I really enjoyed them getting back to some serious action, i loved seeing Starbuck kick some ass again, one thing that i realised after this episode was how much Baltar has been relegated to a minor character, they spent 3 years building him up, then after a fairly brief arc he just kind of dissapears. what happened to the Six in his head. now they seem to be bringing him back into a more promenent role, BUT, with only 6 or 7 eps left, i'm afraid their might not be enough time to really finish his story properly.

Either way, i can't wait to see Gaeta get spaced... I'd say it's a testament to the writers and Allessandro's acting that i hate Gaeta so much.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    The cast is indeed doing a great job. I also wondered why Baltar is still part of the character set and why the actor hasn't chosen a theatrical exit like Billy and Callie? He's pretty much inconsequential at this point (unless he's the final Cylon...).
    I very much doubt that Gaeta is going to make it to the final episode :)

It seems like Baltar has something on him from New Caprica, maybe Baltar will be the one to kill him and save the day (until Cavil shows up)?
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    All I am going to say is, they have done a phenomenal job making me really love some of these characters. At the end, I was practically screaming at the television when it looks like Bill and Sol are about to die.

I hope Gaeta gets spaced next week. I can't take much more of him.
    I noticed (and the commentary confirmed it) that they're really tightening up these episodes. Virtually every speaking part in the episode was an established character (and I seem to remember hearing about a new recurring Marine character, who might've been the guy who peed his pants and begged for forgiveness from Adama and Tigh), which added a lot to it.

I've always said I loved the fact that BSG was willing to build up a big huge world of familiar faces, so they could kill them off instead of going and killing off redshirts. In fact, it might say something that Jaffee, the kid who took a bullet for Adama in the CIC, was the same person that he was talking about in "A Day In The Life" when he imagined telling his wife that it was important to know the names of his crew, to show he respected them as people.

I have no sympathy for the mutineers, incidentally. Indeed, thanks to how well-made this show is, I was right there with Adama and co. in regarding it as a personal betrayal. Racetrack, Skulls, Seelix, and especially Gaeta are pretty well fixed on my shitlist, now. I do appreciate that they brought back those two frat-boy assholes from [i]Pegasus[/i] so I could have a clean hate for a couple of the mutineers, without any personal vendetta attached.

Also, Adama and Tigh shooting up the place with a gun in each hand might've been one of the cooler things ever.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    "That boy died honouring his uniform. You. You will die with nothing."
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Badass. That, and what everyone else said.
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    I am like OMG. I have this terrible sinking feeling Adama just might not make it to the final episode....hell I have no idea who at this point will!
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    The show hasn't been this intense since the Pegasus arc. This one quite literally had me at the edge of my seat the entire way. I love how so many of the old stories and forgotten characters are coming together in total chaos.
  • my wife hates sci fi , and she even got into it, very nice episode, please Geata don't start siinging to the fleet!!!!
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Is it next Friday yet???????
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    I really hope someone of the main persons die other than Geata. Otherwise it just feels like there was no point to this episode.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Worf I assumed Baltar was referring to Gaeta having lied at his trial. But that little secret won't matter a damn now as Gaeta is public enemy no 1.

All the traitors deserve a bullet and I hope they get it. I dread to think how many have died now on Galactica in the fire fights. The old head count is heading south. I hope Zarick gets it as well. Be rather ironic if Apollo pulls the trigger.

I thought this was a no nonsense episode and Adama's speech in the cic was brilliant. Was great seeing him angry after his decline in the last 2 episodes.

Baltar's character has really been sidelined since his trial. I'm curious as to the shift away from him and his Six. Perhaps she'll make an appearance before the end. I do actually miss the banter they had as it was always intriguing and amusing. The shift away from Baltar has actually taken away a lot of the humour in the show.
    [QUOTE=Falcon1;179337]Worf I assumed Baltar was referring to Gaeta having lied at his trial. But that little secret won't matter a damn now as Gaeta is public enemy no 1.[/quote]

It was a call-back to what Baltar whispered that made Gaeta stab him back in the brig in Season 3 (Baltar mentioned the secret was "sealed with a very special pen") which was pre-retconned by the "Face of the Enemy" webisodes into actually meaning something. For those that missed them, Spoiler: on New Caprica, Gaeta worked with an Eight he thought was sympathetic to the resistance, giving her the names of people he knew who were in extra special danger of the Cylon occupation. Much later, he learned she was actually using him to find out who he thought the Cylons would have reason to kill, so they could kill them, so almost all of the people he thought he saved, he actually had murdered. (It actually tracks better with what Baltar said initially than the original explanation, since he said what Gaeta did was "far worse than being a traitor." Apparently, Baltar believes being a patsy too stupid to know he's being played is more contemptible than actually turning against your own with malice aforethought, which says interesting things about his complex over being seduced by Six and used to destroy the colonies way back when). Gee, writing a signature that doesn't make a difference on a death list at gunpoint doesn't look so bad now, does it?

Incidentally, it also helps explains why he's now much more dead-set against trusting the cylons than he ever was before, since he found out that even the nice ones are just faking so they can screw you over later. Sure, he's stereotyping an entire people from one individual but, what the hell. They [i]do[/i] all look alike.

[quote]Be rather ironic if Apollo pulls the trigger.[/quote]

Doubly so, since Lee saved Zarek when Starbuck tried to snipe him back in "Bastille Day."

[quote]I thought this was a no nonsense episode and Adama's speech in the cic was brilliant. Was great seeing him angry after his decline in the last 2 episodes.[/quote]

I laughed my ass off yesterday when I realized that since Roslin started becoming more engaged with her old president-y duties, like giving advice to Lee about which member of the Quorum he should try to win over, right from the start, before the crisis started. Meaning it wasn't being needed that gave her back her will to live, it was getting nailed by Bill Adama. :p

I was really happy that she was dressed and wearing her wig when Lee and Kara first found her. It meant she'd already started caring about decorum again. I have a feeling that if the "The Oath" could've been called "Bill Adama and Kara Thrace Are Awesome and Shoot People Who Have it Coming," next week's "Blood on the Scales" may well be "How Laura Got Her Groove Back."

[quote]Baltar's character has really been sidelined since his trial. I'm curious as to the shift away from him and his Six. Perhaps she'll make an appearance before the end.[/quote]

She will. They still have to explain what the deal is with her and head-Baltar. Plus, they mentioned that she was in a scene in last week's episode that'll be on the extended cut on the DVD.

[quote]I do actually miss the banter they had as it was always intriguing and amusing. The shift away from Baltar has actually taken away a lot of the humour in the show.[/QUOTE]

They had a good one last week. "God has been treating you like children. Are you children? Well, you're a child, obviously. There are actual children here. But the rest of you..."

Also, it felt to me like Laura going to Baltar's Lair was the first time in a long time anyone had called him "Doctor" Baltar.

I'm hoping that Baltar gets to be a genuine good guy in the end. I always felt that he was fundamentally an all right guy, but his weaknesses and failures were exploited by others and by situations in general to make him a party to things he wouldn't have been a participant in otherwise. You know, like that whole genocide thing. That isn't the sort of thing Baltar would've done on his own.
  • Sometimes it is nice to be wrong ;)

I hope they can continue this path, instead of moving backwards again.
    [QUOTE=Falcon1;179337]Worf I assumed Baltar was referring to Gaeta having lied at his trial. But that little secret won't matter a damn now as Gaeta is public enemy no 1.

All the traitors deserve a bullet and I hope they get it. I dread to think how many have died now on Galactica in the fire fights. The old head count is heading south. I hope Zarick gets it as well. Be rather ironic if Apollo pulls the trigger.

I thought this was a no nonsense episode and Adama's speech in the cic was brilliant. Was great seeing him angry after his decline in the last 2 episodes.

Baltar's character has really been sidelined since his trial. I'm curious as to the shift away from him and his Six. Perhaps she'll make an appearance before the end. I do actually miss the banter they had as it was always intriguing and amusing. The shift away from Baltar has actually taken away a lot of the humour in the show.[/QUOTE]
    I actually wouldn't call them traitors. It's kind of the typical moral ambiguity of the show. Are they really the traitors? It's Adama and co. that are now looking for alliances with former enemies. They are also being saved primarily by cylons such as Tyrol and Tigh. Gaeta is pissing me off but I could see where he and Zarek are comming from. Nevertheless I hope they die, and for breaking my heart and going with the mutineers I hope Kara pops Racetrack in the head :D My question is would Hotdog have also opened fire on the Raptor with the president? He's one of the cool pilots! Don't make me want him dead too.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I am really really hoping that was a flashbang they tossed through the airlock at the end. Still, if not then that was an awesome last stand!
    It was a flashbang. Unless somebody jumped on top of a real grenade everyone in that room would be dead. Adama is still alive since they show him captured in the next episode previews. They also said Tigh was dead but that's obviously misdirection. Well he might actually have died, but being a cylon he'll come back somehow, as will Ellen.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Ah well you see I'm totally avoiding watching any of the previews, and even the one at the start of each episode. I dont want to spoil what promises to be a magnificent ending
    It would have to be a flashbang, only a moron would let off a high explosive in an airlock, especially after just forcing the interior hatch open.

I was disapointed that all the good looking pilot women turned out to be on the mutineer's side :(

Worf
    [QUOTE=Vorlons in my Head;179345]My question is would Hotdog have also opened fire on the Raptor with the president? He's one of the cool pilots! Don't make me want him dead too.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. Between the fact that he was just leaving as the mutiny started and that Gaeta ordered Narcho to fire on their own Raptor (though no one knows who's aboard at the moment), I'd guess Hotdog is blissfully ignorant of the whole thing. Not to mention his whole "son of Olmos" thing protecting him from anything terribly bad. Though, considering Olmos's sense of humor, I'm not sure that's something we should count on...

My guess would be that either Hotdog or a Heavy Raider from the Rebel Baseship saves Roslin's Raptor. Oh, Narcho, your stamps aren't going to save you now...

[QUOTE=WORF;179351]I was disapointed that all the good looking pilot women turned out to be on the mutineer's side :([/QUOTE]

Speak for yourself. Starbuck was always my favorite (at least, so long as her hair stops somewhere between the base of her skull and the tops of her shoulderblades, neither too boyish nor too domestic). Having a pair of pistols in her hands and obviously being combat-horny did not hurt her ranking.
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Except for Kara, of course. ;)
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Actually, with the two pistols in her hand, kind of makes her hotter.
  • Battlestar has redeemed itself fully.

NEXT FRIDAY GET HERE NOW!!!