Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

And so the end begins (Galactica) (S4.5 Spoilers through current episode)

Comments

• Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Great episode. None stop tension from start to finish. Loved how Roslin went ape. Reminded me of Delenn in Lines of Communication. It was interesting seeing the reactions of the Cylons on the base ship. They almost feared her.

Regarding Galactica coming apart at the seams (I assume those tear marks in the core hint to that), I wonder if it will get to the stage where it will have to be abandoned resulting in the crew moving to the base ship? The base ship does seem to be healing itself slowly. Would be hard to accept. Reminds me of when Galactica went through that nasty nebula. Seeing its name being eaten off the hull was rather unsettling. Felt like a sign of things to come.

Oh yeah and seeing the ftl core was bloody cool!

Oh well my idea of new Apollo shooting old Apollo didn't pan out. He did get to watch though :D

I'd like to go co-pilot with Starbuck, Racetrack, Boomer. Not necessarily all at once but if the mission required it... :p
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Jack needs to find a way to catch the last two episodes that he has missed... :(
  • if you make your way into Chattanooga I can assist with that. :)
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [QUOTE=JackN;179483]Jack needs to find a way to catch the last two episodes that he has missed... :([/QUOTE]

[url=http://www.hulu.com/watch/55363/battlestar-galactica-the-oath]These[/url] [url=http://www.hulu.com/watch/56360/battlestar-galactica-blood-on-the-scales]two?[/url]
  • [quote]Also, Galactica is falling apart. It's being abused well beyond its design limits[/quote]

I have NEVER seen that clip before...I guess maybe it's from an upcoming episode?
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Haven't you noticed how battered the ship looks now compared to when it started out?

A lot of the damage occured during the New Caprica rescue. One of the reasons we haven't seen much in the way of space battle action lately is because the ship can't really take much more.

Worf
    [QUOTE=RedAssAg05;179490]I have NEVER seen that clip before...I guess maybe it's from an upcoming episode?[/QUOTE]

There's a snippet of that scene (like, split-second) in the canadian preview for "No Exit," so it seems like it'll be in [i]the[/i] upcoming episode.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    While the ship may have certainly been out of combat for a while, I doubt it's for lack of ability/willingness to fight. The next big round, probably against the Cavils, is probably going to be the key agents of this ship's destruction. Both the Admiral and Tyrol were clearly surprised and worried. I suspect that the constant stress of fending for one's life at every turn can occasionally spawn some neglect of one's home. Either way, the end is upon us!

More!
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    I think the inevitable destruction of the ship will likely be the most emotional moment of the show, kind of like B5.
    Sanfam, I wasn't referring to the willingness of the crew to fight but the writers to come up with a believable battle when the ship is in such bad shape.

Worf
    I don't see how most of what this ship has been involved in is anything less than believable. Not every battle needs to be epic. Minor skirmishes drive many wars.
    [QUOTE=David of Mac;179487][url=http://www.hulu.com/watch/55363/battlestar-galactica-the-oath]These[/url] [url=http://www.hulu.com/watch/56360/battlestar-galactica-blood-on-the-scales]two?[/url][/QUOTE]

Youda man! ;) Thanks!
    Incidentally, thinking about the ad for this week's episode Spoiler: I remembered that my Time Machine backup drive is named "Resurrection Ship," and it occurred to me that it'd be kind of awesome if there was a Time Machine skin that replaced the astronomical theme with the 3D swirls of dripping red cylon computer squares that we're apparently going to see in an Ellen's-eye view of the downloading process.

In fact, come to think of it, the red dripping cylon squares that make up their displays would make a bitchin' screensaver or music visualizer.
    Spoiler: Ok, for possible future spoiler warnings I'm tagging this. The next preview shows Ellen ressurecting in the goo tub. Didn't anobody in the cylon bureau of spare bodies realize they had the missing five in a crate somewhere? Someone should really get fired for that. Would have saved a lot of trouble. Now I'm starting to actually think of the Ellen being an older Six theory again. Tighs involvement with Caprica Six seems to have a connection with Ellen. She must have shown up in Baltar's cylon detector test which would make her a regular model. Of course Baltar would have probably brought it up at some point. Anyway, I didn't think so at first but I'm really suspicious now. I think Ellen was just misdirection, they wouldn't give the last one up that easy.
    Spoiler: Well, they weren't even allows to think about the Final Five, so it's entirely possible that there was a room (or several) they were compelled never to go into but didn't know why. The only person with Ellen when she downloads seems to be a Centurion, so the entire thing could've happened in a basement somewhere, handled entirely by automation and centurions, with all the Sig Seven being blissfully ignorant until one of them found her (probably a Cavil, because they've seemed to know a bit more about what was going on than the others for a while now).
    So you think if someone found a fish tank with a final five body they would have covered their eyes and ears and started screaming la dee da, I'm not thinking about them! :D That could make sense given that there should be no more ressurections. That must be taking place in some unkown location. Or perhaps the ressurection ships are still around even if they can't download anymore. She must have been saved somewhere. The centurions and raiders seem to know who the five are after Anders probably programmed the raider unknowingly.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Its kinda wierd, there are 12 cylon models, but what is the hybrid?
    The hybrid is the ship, she doesn't count as one of the 12.

Worf
    The hybrid doesn't get a vote.
    But is the hybrid a cylon? Can it not function outside the ship?
    I doubt it, nor can the ship perform anything more than basic tasks without the hybrid.

Worf
    The hybrid is rather permanently attached to the ship. I guess you could say it's like an organ.
    Shes like a pneumatic piano?!
    [QUOTE=Messiah;179547]But is the hybrid a cylon? Can it not function outside the ship?[/QUOTE]

The hybrid barely counts as an independent entity. Because of stupid bullshit budget reasons, everything below the shoulders is hidden by milky water, implying she's just a lady in a tub. The idea is that around the waist she just splits off into conduits and tendons and stuff that plug into the baseship. I'm really hoping we'll get to see a naked hybrid in a drained tank by the end of the series or in "The Plan." Until then, you can see a tiny, tiny copy of the original cylon hybrid concept drawing in [url=http://www.battlestarprops.com/battlestar-galactica-auction-catalog-available-for-download/]the BSG auction catalogue (no spoilers past "Revelations," so it's safe)[/url] to get an idea of how truly freaky and inhuman they are.

I suppose the hybrids could be considered to be "Number Zero" or, since they're only human from the shoulders up, "Number One-Half."
    Like a piano that's permanently out of tune and only sounds right to someone who is insane.
    It's been mentioned by some of the BSG staffers that the Hybrids barely classifiable as even being alive in the first place. They're much more of a humanoid organic supercomputer than anything else. Their thought processes are mechanical. Their plane of existence occasionally seems to transcend that on which we live, making for an even more confused "life."

Not models, but key components (organs, as VimH describes) of the larger hole. Even the Raiders and Centurions are not technically "models" in the current system, having no assigned place in the system we are aware of.
    Spoiler: Well ok, so I'm starting to think that this whole thing is a temporal loop but instead of things getting older as you get closer to Earth they get younger. Remember the probe on the base star with a bio weapon that would kill Cylons, it was 4000 years old, yet the nuke strike on Earth is 2000?

Since the cylon clones can't ressurect now, they have to procreate with humans. What if the humans in the 12 colonies actually started out as cylon/human procreation.

In short everyone is a cylon of one sort or another. Earth isn't the 13th colony, it was the originating home world that spawned the 12.
    Spoiler: So, these marks on walls, and shadows on walls, does the FTL drive fuck up when they try and integrate Cylon tech without a Hybrid and send both cheifs to their deaths in various ways?

JUMP!

Does galactica reappear in the atmosphere of Earth 2000 years prior only to blow up like a nuke strike? I love to meander through the possibilities... :D
    I'm pretty certain we're not dealing with a time loop of any sort. Simply a more traditional cycle with tendencies to repeat critical aspects. What seems to have been the most likely scenario thus far is that Earth was actually the source of their current civilization, rather than the end (Descending artifact dates, etc) or at least some other structure not apparently being considered by our heroes.

If there is indeed a loop, it need not necessarily be a perfect duplicate. Richard Hatch, for example, got good dialog this time around. :p

[I]Speculation:
    [/I]As far as organization and procreation, the civilization on Earth is quite likely a remnant of their preceding cylon race having developed independent of its former companion "humany." If this is any indication of how things may turn out, it's possible that none of our heroes may live to see the future.

If that is indeed the case, then the Cylon kind (the final five included) and a few remaining bits of humanity would manage to land on a new home somewhere off in a new corner of the universe, where a new civilization will be created. They too will eventually become infused, through and through, with cylon genetics. An entire world of Cylons, though not everyone may know of it. They would then, for one reason or another, resume the cycle by branching off into two distinct communities: One who stays on the new homeworld, and the other which finds a kobol-equivalent and continues to form a new colonial empire. Blam!
    [I]End Speculation[/I]

And the walls aren't simply shadowed or marked. What you are seeing are rips and tears in the structure of Galactica itself.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    When I saw the tear marks my first thought was 'crap they got a werewolf on board!' :D

So Sanfam regarding your speculation, where does the rest of the Cylon armada fit into this? As in Cabal and the rest of the 'non-rebel' Cylons, of which there must be a very large number... obviously we haven't seen them for some time and no doubt they will show up very soon. Which will probably answer my question.