Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Started watching again!

Pixel_DonkeyPixel_Donkey Earthforce Officer
Hi all,

Its been awhile since I've been here. Last night I decided to start watching B5 again... oooh im still loving it!

Anyone else watching it again?

Comments

• StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Nope, not right now.
  • I'll probably watch it through again in a couple of years. I've already watched it through 2-3 times since the release of the DVD's. Unless I'm with a girlfriend long enough to get her to watch the whole thing.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    What he said, although I think Im' closer to 4-5 times with the DVDs.

Unless I'm introducing the series to someone, I don't think I'll be rewatching for awhile.

Worf
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I might well do so this summer, once I'm finished with coursework and placements. I also want to watch Stargate through from the beginning at some point soon too
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    Yeah, once I'm not overwhelmed with classes I might. I never did complete watching the first season looking for all the signs of the original arc.
  • Pixel_DonkeyPixel_Donkey Earthforce Officer
    Its starting to show its age in the first series but I know it gets more interesting when the whole story kicks off. I really miss the series. I've just watched Besters introduction episode.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    My fiance and I watched it to the end of season 4. After that he said he had no real intensive to watch the rest as, due to them wrapping up the series due to the expected cancellation, felt the series is over.
    I assume you still watched Sleeping in Light though?

Worf
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    I'd have a hard time skipping S5, if only for one reason: Londo. Much of season 5 was about the fate of Londo and the fate of the Centauri. To me Londo was always one of the most interesting yet tragic charaters in the entire series.

Jake
    We havent. After Battlestar finishes I am going to nail him down to the couch and make him watch the rest of the series and Crusade. We have a lot of TV on out plate though with How I met your mother, big bang theory, dollhouse, kings, survivor and american idol. Other than Kris I have no real desire to watch the latter two.
  • Well Babylon 5 was really about G'Kar and Londo. I didn't realize this until the past couple of years, but its pretty much the truth. When you first watch it you think its about the Shadow War and the Earth Civil War and everything that happens in S5, but really, its centered around those two characters.

I always wondered why Andreas and Peter were always last in the credits, and they always had some "featuring" thing before them.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=Freejack;180321]I'd have a hard time skipping S5, if only for one reason: Londo. Much of season 5 was about the fate of Londo and the fate of the Centauri. To me Londo was always one of the most interesting yet tragic charaters in the entire series.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree.

[QUOTE=croxis;180322]survivor and american idol[/QUOTE]

They do say a relationship is all about sacrifices...
    yes. yes it is. In AI i do enjoy the people who actually sing, but there not that many and...
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    I say the fifth season is worth it for The Fall of Centauri Prime. It's one of my absolute favorite episodes. Not that I don't like the fifth season.
  • Fall of Centauri Prime is so.....sad. I think when Londo has all those memories when the bells toll, its probably the second saddest moment of the entire series.

Other great shows. Night of the dead, etc.
  • whitestar90whitestar90 Elite Ranger
    I watch it on and off, the last episode sleeping in light was sad for me because it was the last of the series.
    I bawl like a baby every time
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Me too :(
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE=Freejack;180321]I'd have a hard time skipping S5, if only for one reason: Londo. Much of season 5 was about the fate of Londo and the fate of the Centauri. To me Londo was always one of the most interesting yet tragic charaters in the entire series.

Jake[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Biggles;180329]I completely agree.[/QUOTE]

To me the entire series rotates around Londo, he is the main antagonist, protagonist and whatever makes the sword three-edged in one. He spins the story, he leads the story and the story would be nothing without him. Londo is the series, and the series is Londo.

To sum it up: I agree also.
  • StrikerStriker Provided with distinction
    *waves to everyone*

I just finished Sleeping in Light tonight. Such a sad ending to a great story. Almost brings a tear to my eye.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Almost?
    I'm on series 4 now, episode 6. It all seems to change further you go into series 3.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I picked up B5 again around S2 some months ago and started plowing through. I paused at No Surrender, No Retreat and switched over to Stargate: SG-1. I've managed to plow through everything up to S7 while cleaning the house. Damn, that show is good!
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Which one?
    Seeing as B5 doesn't have a seventh season, he must be referring to SG-1.

Worf
  • I don't know if anyone knows this, but B5 is being shown free on Hulu. Just an FYI
    Is Hulu a tv channel or the place?
  • [url]www.hulu.com[/url]

Check it out.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Won't work for Pixel Donkey, who appears to be in the UK :p
  • Ah, poop.

Tut mir leid, PD:(