Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

The Logitech G19 - I want

croxiscroxis I am the walrus
[url]http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/4956&cl=us,en[/url]

I know it is gaudy and excessive, but oh do I want!

Comments

• when my original g15 breaks, it will be another g-series keyboard for sure. the feeling of the keys is just perfect and there's a ton of nifty little lcd applications :D
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I used to have a G15 but decided that the large footprint and the attached loss of desk space wasn't worth the back-lit keys. I didn't use the LCD display anyway so it was just a short-lived love affair. :D

I'm not going to get the G19 either even though it's smaller. Dell just released a few months ago a standard keyboard that takes very little desk space for its category. It has no extra buttons or features, but it does what I need it to do just fine. I hardly used the browser, mail client or volume controls on the other more advanced keyboards anyway. I guess I'm getting old. :D
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    It is a cool keyboard the G19, but I'm with stingray. I rather have a small keyboard without any extra button.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I'm in the same camp. Backlit keys? Glowing LCD displays? Flickery lights? I can't think of anything more distracting when my computer is playing its home theatre role, or when I'm playing a game that works best in the dark, or even when I'm just reading something on my screen and don't want flashing below the monitor distracting me. I can't think of any time I'd actually want all those lit-up things, and I don't have any need of an LCD screen on my keyboard. I'd hate to be constantly turning them on and off.

While I would give consideration to getting MS's quite nice black natural keyboard, I wouldn't be getting it for the extra buttons, but rather for the very comfortable shape (although its footprint is rather large). I'm still using a plain old black HP keyboard with minimum foot print and a lovely feel to the keys. I have two; when one breaks, I'll probably switch to the other. :D
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    I still prefer something a little more clicky...[url]http://www.clickykeyboards.com/index.cfm/fa/items.main/parentcat/9231/subcatid/0/id/313634[/url]

Jake
    I remember those, probably the worst keyboards ever. Except for those people who like that sort of thing of course. (I know one of you two... and we don't talk much.) :D The only good thing about them was they were so heavy you could use them for self-defense.

I can't for the life of me imagine why you would need to hear that you've pushed a key. Isn't it enough to see the output on screen?

That reminds me of the days of ICQ, which had that typewriter audio theme... and I'm glad those days are long gone. :D
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    perhaps a little bulky, but I do like Logitech stuff.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=Stingray;181072]I can't for the life of me imagine why you would need to hear that you've pushed a key. Isn't it enough to see the output on screen?[/quote]

Apparently not, judging by most scifi and nearly every computer featured in a movie. The same goes for the computer displaying output. :D

[quote]That reminds me of the days of ICQ, which had that typewriter audio theme... and I'm glad those days are long gone. :D[/QUOTE]

Oh geez, don't remind me... that was horrible!
    [QUOTE=Biggles;181091]Apparently not, judging by most scifi and nearly every computer featured in a movie. The same goes for the computer displaying output. :D[/QUOTE]

True, and Star Trek is probably at the top of that list. :D

Funny thing is, that's one of the first features I disable on any new cellphone that I get.
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    I like it. Logitech has good qulaity, I got a mouse and joystick from them. When my microsofy keyoard goes I will be checking this out.