Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Need domain name ideas...

SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
[URL="http://ayakaito.com/log/?p=180"]for this[/URL] ([URL="http://cias.rit.edu/~team8track/blog/"]official blog[/URL])

This has been the life-consuming project of mine for the past 20 weeks. It was officially unveiled a week and a half ago to great success and now needs to have a standalone website conjured into existence.

The project is officially titled "Sociable" and aims to provide a physical medium through which people can break the ice at the start of a gathering and truly open up. It offers an interactive visual environment in which the user can doodle, cue up games, send "messages" to one another, etc. The current iteration and generally focuses on improving interpersonal relations with those around them by putting these functions in public location. More details will eventually follow, but it's a kickass toy :D

Anyway, we're currently seeking a domain name. I'm an enormous fan of IAmSociable, which implies a great many positive things about the audience and fits with our intention, but the domain IAmSociable.com is taken. Would a user here ever mind visiting a .net, .org, .cc, or .tv site with that domain? (that is, does a non-.com TLD hold similar value in the eyes of you, the user?)

Other options are welcome.

Comments

• JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    I think this idea sounds more like a group therapy session...lol Are there any rules though? :P
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Thats a mighty beard ya got there Sanfam.

I really like the design of the site. Id say a .com site name holds a bigger value for me, rather than .nu, .net, .org or .tv, you kinda automatically think its .com and end up at another site otherwise.

Is there any way to test your toy? :p
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    Would WeAreSociable.com be too intimidating? It sure has a certain "resistance is futile" kind of connotation, but this is supposed to be an community where everyone is irresistible, right?
    Thats a mighty beard ya got there Sanfam.

I really like the design of the site. Id say a .com site name holds a bigger value for me, rather than .nu, .net, .org or .tv, you kinda automatically think its .com and end up at another site otherwise.

Is there any way to test your toy? :p
    boozeeeeeee.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I would second WeAreSociable, but... wearesociable is a little too close to wearsociable.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    You can also break it into a subdomain too: iamsoc.able.com, or just soc.able.com or some such
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    You seem to think that we can afford able.com :P

[QUOTE=Messiah;181493]Thats a mighty beard ya got there Sanfam.

Is there any way to test your toy? :p[/QUOTE]

Testing it is easy. come on over! :P Though we may have gotten into a festival out by Germany. :P

As far as the bear, glad you noticed that rather than the fact that it was taken just barely pre-sneeze and after nearly two full days awake. Makes me look like a serial killer...
    [QUOTE=Messiah;181493]Thats a mighty beard ya got there Sanfam.

Is there any way to test your toy? :p[/QUOTE]

Testing it is easy. come on over! :P Though we may have gotten into a festival out by Germany. :P

As far as the bear, glad you noticed that rather than the fact that it was taken just barely pre-sneeze and after nearly two full days awake. Makes me look like a serial killer...
    You should just strip in front of the kids sanfam then you'd get the pedophile floor in jail, much safer I would think.
    [QUOTE=Sanfam;181502]You seem to think that we can afford able.com :P

As far as the bear, glad you noticed that rather than the fact that it was taken just barely pre-sneeze and after nearly two full days awake. Makes me look like a serial killer...[/QUOTE]

By Germany? If its in Sweden (which is by Germany :p) Ill come. Actually, when are you going (to Germany)?

you just look a bit angry, well and a bit scary as well, but I naturally asumed the beard was doing it.
    "By Germany" is a line of text that will be replaced with more detail if/when it actually gets expanded :p
    Our official demo reel is up! Enjoy :)

Sociable Interactive Bar Table from John P. Barbagallo on Vimeo.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    frak.it (prolly taken anyway)
  • In BetweenIn Between The Ultimate Lurker
    Hey Sanfam how about:

pleasetothetable.com

Its the name of a Russian Cookbook.

[url]http://www.powells.com/biblio/0894807536[/url] :D
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Here are my suggestions

socialtable.com, plays off Sociable while describing the function.
    Tobesociable
    2besociable

Besociable.com appears to just be an empty page, so it might be avialable if you can find the owner.

On the question of dot extension, if you are at all interested in making a legitmate go at this, then you need .com.

Jake
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    nice promo

weRSociable
    touchmytable
    trippintable
    litemytable
    exotictable
    lettherebetable
  • Sociable.us

If you can get BeSociable.com I second the suggestion.

Cool video.
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    that's totally awesome! what's your next step?
    Why not go with the Apple theme or...

[url]www.Isocial.com?[/url]
    [url]www.FutureSocial.com?[/url]
    [url]www.Crowdedpleaser.com?[/url]
    [url]www.drunkonthetable.com?[/url]