Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Informal Survey

SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
Hey, folks. I'm currently working on a little project, and we're curious about a name. Below are a series of names relevant to the project. If you can, please post a short description of what the name in question seems to make you think it is. More details will follow later.

Museum Inc

myGallery

myMuseum

Galleries Galore

Museum Mania

Gallery-i (eye symbol)

Comments

• Museum inc = Green.. Definitely green. Green monsters. Must contain green monsters from the distant past.

myGallery = Well, my gallery.. pics and stuff inside. A bit obvious.

myMuseum = well, this is interesting.. I dont know what to store in my museum? I'd like to hear more about the project first :) Maybe I could find all the lost socks here?

Galleries Galore = Pictures of obese people on a marathon run

Museum Mania = For some reason, it has to be about old car race.

Gallery-i (eye symbol) = And the last one is probably just some purple propaganda... there is an i in too many places nowadays, iThink.... But if you go with iMuseum, you may have a chance to sue Apple in the future...
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    This might be skewed by the fact that Ive been a museum employee.

Museum Inc - Evil corporation that buys up stuff that never cares about where things are from, just how much it is worth..

myGallery - Something from Facebook or Twitter, or even worse, Apple.

myMuseum - Same as above.

Galleries Galore - Like someone in the lowbrow movement tried to fit in a fine art gallery. Or a frame shop.

Museum Mania - more or less the same as above. A bit more disneyish.

Gallery-i (eye symbol) - Better than apple. I dont know if Id like it better as Galler<ʘ>, but I might..
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Museum Inc - A place where I store all my old computers. Formal, but also steril.

myGallery
    myMuseum
    Gallery-i (eye symbol)

The use of "e", "i", and "my" are profusely abused on the net, and besides "my" is too personal. It means different things to each person.

Galleries Galore - Cheap second hand store, bargain basement. Does imply selection though.

Museum Mania - A game that Dynamix might have made. Doesn't sound serious.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    All these names say "I can't be bothered to come up with an original name but I had to use something." :D

There are people who get paid a lot of money to come up with catchy names and brands.

MuSEEuM, Old-BonesNdust, SticksNstones, BrokenShards, FlintstonesInn... I don't know, use your imagination.
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Museum Inc - A new monster film from Disney

myGallery - A cheesy form of "gallery" software

myMuseum - Someplace about museums, but cheesy

Galleries Galore - A place with too much stuff to keep track of

Museum Mania - Maniacs in museums!

Gallery-i (eye symbol) - Makes me think of I vs Eye - and thus I completely ignore the gallery part

I don't find any of these names appealing - they all are...blah.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    [url]http://www.dotomator.com/web20.html[/url]
    For random web 2.0ish names

[url]http://www.dotomator.com/[/url]
    For more specific word combenations
  • And when you have the right name, use Sloganizer for slogan :)

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,Firstones,purple,green.png[/img][/url]
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Museum Inc - A company trying to run a museum as a business rather than an educational institution. Not to be trusted, quite possibly giving wrong information.

myGallery - Microsoft. "my" is their version of "i" or "e", and it's awful. It's my computer/website/whatever. I know the documents folder on it contains my stuff. I don't need them to tell me that.

myMuseum - See above.

Galleries Galore - Too much stuff, not enough organisation.

Museum Mania - Cheap, tacky shop.

Gallery-i (eye symbol) - Confusion. Is the eye meant to be said or just a logo? Hard-to-pronounce names reduce word-of-mouth advertising.

None of these really appeal much. The first is probably the best of them.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I'm going to clarify at this moment that nobody here is among the target demographic for this, so it's probable that nothing will appeal to us. However, the feedback is still appreciated. It's different than most of my other sources but still carries some consistency.
    [QUOTE=Sanfam;186559]nobody here is among the target demographic for this[/QUOTE]

Either they are too young to use the internet, or too old to figure it out. Either way, I believe we got a wide age group here.

How y'all doin'? :D
    There's more to a demographic than age.
    For instance: Green or Purple?
    [QUOTE=Biggles;186562]There's more to a demographic than age.[/QUOTE]

Aaah... gender? :D The elusive female of the species... :laugh:
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE=Biggles;186562]There's more to a demographic than age.[/QUOTE]

Generally speaking, we're pretty far from the target of this project. For example: Our target is New York City. This forum is somewhere around Alpha Centauri :p

And yes, women are actually a large portion of the equation. Speaking of which, we haven't heard from MartianDust in ages.
    nyMuseum?
    We have a winner, RC just won the [I]Dilbert Award[/I], for suggesting the obvious. :D
    Myseum? Nyseum! That sounds like some kind of medicine.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Nausium
    And don't forget the the ads: ad nausium