Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

The first video game I'll have bought in years!

FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_E83GfWM-A&feature=player_embedded[/url]

Damn, I just wish they'd convert the trailer to a full length feature....

Jake

Comments

• RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    You know, for years i couldn't wait to get a Starcraft 2, but as soon as they announced Operation Cashgrab, any interest i had was suddenly vaporized...
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    If only the gameplay was as epic as the cutscenes. I also remember being in awe of the Warcraft III trailer. Let's just say I didn't play that game past the first mission.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMTz9nIUkGc"]Are you doing your part?[/URL] :D

I wasn't sure about StarCraft 2, but now I'm quite curious and anxious about the sequel we've all been waiting for. :)

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQa8co522zc"]StarCraft in 5 minutes...[/URL] for those of us who forgot what happened in the first game.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I may get it, i may not.... i'm still waiting for The Old Republic.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I can't say I'm at all bothered about Starcraft 2. I'm waiting for Old Republic as well, and Fallout New Vegas
    The orignal was quite a lot of fun so the hopes are high that this one will be just as good. No sure about their pricing scheme. There are going to be three campaigns, one for each race which will be sold separately for the full price of $60.00 each. And they are starting with the human campaign and the other two will be sold next year or so. Not sure I like to spend $180.00 for the complete game.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    it seems not much different to me than the Half Life 2 Episodes. Just a bit more expensive. If the content is dollar appropriate, then I will be ok with it.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I'd quite like to know how the story plays out from the end of the first one. Unfortunately, I'm not interested in buying a game that requires me to be constantly connected to the Internet to play and that is specifically designed to [i]not[/i] let me play multiplayer with people who don't live in the same country as me.

No doubt someone will post a story synopsis online soon enough.
    [QUOTE=Biggles;189340]No doubt someone will post a story synopsis online soon enough.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://news.filefront.com/starcraft-ii-wings-of-liberty-walkthrough[/url]

Not a synopsis, but close enough on such short notice.
    installing sc2 now
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    I 've been waiting for this to arrive for at least 5 years and now that it is here, there appear to be some downsides: no support for LAN, no AA for Radeon owners and constant need for internet connection (plus possible issues considering personal data security).

Still the attitude and humor presented in the gameplay and videos are great. Too bad I can't find "A Zerg, A Shotgun, and You" anywhere as a separate mp3 release...
    I just can't get too worked up over RTS like that... prolly why i never got into Warcraft. WoW on the other hand i like...
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    It looks nice and all, but really don't think it's my kind of rts.
    What's your kind of RTS?
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    The only good RTS is a dead RTS.

No?
    [QUOTE=Stingray;189352]What's your kind of RTS?[/QUOTE]

Supreme Commander. An RTS where the S actually means something. :p
    Agreed! :)
    I see what you mean. StarCraft feels like an RTS on rails. I never got into the [i]Total Annihilation[/i] series of games. I'm a Supreme Commander virgin, mostly due to a lack of proper hardware. But I got my copy with the expansion pack. The sequel only got a luke warm reception though, not sure as to why....

Well, I haven't purchased either game yet.
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    [QUOTE=Stingray;189360]The sequel only got a luke warm reception though, not sure as to why....[/QUOTE]

I believe it's because they took out everything that made the first SupCom a unique and interesting game.
    SupCom 2 isn't a bad game, it's just as Curz said,not what made SupCom1 unique. So they lost alot of SupCom fans but didn't get alot of new fans either.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Essentially Supcom2 is just a nerfed version of the first game, and that alone is why I will never own a copy.

Viva the Cybran race!
    SupCom 2 did the reverse of SupCom and removed the S from RTS.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    So they could port it to consoles after the Xbox port of the original was so terrible. RT(s) games never work on a gamepad, I wish companies would stop trying.

Worf
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=Eclecticonaut;189345]Too bad I can't find "A Zerg, A Shotgun, and You" anywhere as a separate mp3 release...[/QUOTE]
    Fortunately someone was kind enough to upload: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ1CygBxLiU[/url]
    got a little carried away last night. played till 4 am then dreamed in rts...
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Oh yeah, I've done that before too! Altho most recently it was with Mass Effect 2 and I was walking round the Normandy with Miranda ;)
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [QUOTE=Eclecticonaut;189345]Too bad I can't find "A Zerg, A Shotgun, and You" anywhere as a separate mp3 release...[/QUOTE]

Hehe, love the jukebox...wish I could get all the songs, there's also good Elvis and Skynard covers in there.

Also spent 45 minutes playing the arcade game in the Cantina the other night...hard game with the itty-bitty arrow keys on the iMac keyboard.

Jake
    so how many people caught the reference (easter egg) regarding "The lost Viking"?
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Did I mention I love siege tanks?
    I love this game, i have not played it, not for a single minute, But one of our customers asked if they could install it on one of my machines, since his at home won't run it, and so far, he's spent a good $200 playing it here..