Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
So, for the past few months i've been very hyped about scott pilgrim.
This week it starts in the US, so i decided to check when it starts over here.
Italy? this week. UK? in 2 Weeks. France? in September. By October, the movie will be playing in half the World.
But here? January 2011...

In countries neighbouring this one (except germany), the movie will run up to 6 months before it starts here. I feel like i live in a third world country!
What the Fuck is the guy who's scheduling the german movie releases for Universal smoking that he thinks this is a good plan? What's the target audience of the movie? People WITHOUT the internet? In 6 months the movie will be out on Blu-Ray in the US and UK, it will be on the internet, it will be in my home. I will be able to watch the movie with my friends with my HD-projector, my 5.1 Surround system, and the German, maybe even the European Universal Branch won't see a dime of or money. If we went to see it in the cinema, we would pay ~7€ (thats with discount) per person, plus the 18-20€ for the bluray. Now i'll just buy the bluray...

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Welcome to my world.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    "If the people of New Zealand want to be a part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands and push them closer." - [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMd3Fi8l2dM"]Lewis Black (5:20)[/URL]
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Not NZ. NZ actually gets releases in a fairly timely fashion.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Or yup could be really sad RubberEagle, and nip across the border to see it haha :p
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    I've actually been contemplating (though not very seriously) flying to the UK to watch it (and maybe doing some sightseeing while i'm over there..)
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I watched this movie twice recently, highly amusing and completely insane :D
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I've been told I have to watch it by a couple of people recently
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    You should :)
    Ordered from Amazon for £3 :)
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    I saw this in the theater. It was OK. Like Kick-Ass, it seems everyone in my generation but me thinks it's some super great movie, while I just thought it was a decent enough thing to see, but not something I'd ever plan on watching again.
    That was my conclusion about Kick Ass too, but for £3 I'm not going to be too disappointed if Scott Pilgrim goes the same way