Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Minecraft

This game is too freaking fun. I started playing last night around 7, next time I looked at the clock was was almost midnight, and I didn't stop playing until after 1am...been a long time since a game has done that to me!

[url]www.Minecraft.net[/url]

Comments

• Yep, its great fun... A good game to unleash the creative side of yourself.

There was this "free weekend" like a month ago, which I then joined. I played the game for pretty much for the whole time, and really enjoyed it. But then at some point I just stopped. I had seen it all. Building an pirate ship was great till the point when it was finished, and I couldn't get it to sail.

It is great how you need to craft all of the tools and materials, but the lack of element features makes it not worth while. When there will be possibility to really model something which is actually working (I'm not meaning a working calculator with Minecraft, which was quite impressive), then I'd might start it again. Having a static ship which cannot sail is fun to build, but then it ends.

I've seen couple epic youtube videos about the creations what people have done (or lazy people imported) with minecraft, and I must say I'm impressed. Now if these people could use their creativity in "real life world", we'd be living in much different looking world than now.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    You know I find that statement quite insulting. How do you know that they don't use such creativity in the real world? Are you saying because they are playing a computer game they are lazy? Or that it steals or zaps their creativity?

Having worked with a lot of different sort of people of all ages I am quite convinced that these people are just as creative in the real world. Can you imagine what it would be like if we [i]didn't[/i] have them?

Shame on you.

On a more on topic note: After 30 minutes of the classic version I caved and bought the alpha. I been running a multiplayer server with a couple of people from the civfanatics chat room. It has been heck of a lot of fun.

With the Oct 31st patch brining the new hell dimension and, hopefully, fixing the mp health bug we'll activate hard mode with night time zombie spawns. Right now in my single player game there is a skeleton riding a giant spider on the other side of my front window.

Note to self: never have ground level front windows.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I played a short time and got bored. There are some really epic videos though.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I think it's interesting enough I might give it a shot sometime, but I don't know if it'll hook me to the same extent
  • Another evening gone to Minecraft...haha

Me and my friend strip mined for about an hour, had a nice pattern going, so no block would get missed, looking for Iron and Diamonds. Found quite a bit, then got to work building.

Seeing as how we were always wanting for wood, I built a massive tree farm, and now we have more wood than we know what to do with. he's been building onto the castle like a mad man, and I've been going in behind to changeup the blocks and give it a more designed look.

All in all? Epic!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=sinclair;190270]I've seen couple epic youtube videos about the creations what people have done (or lazy people imported) with minecraft, and I must say I'm impressed. Now if these people could use their creativity in "real life world", we'd be living in much different looking world than now.[/QUOTE]

Do you level the same accusation against people who use CGI programs to produce pictures and videos? Art is art, no matter the medium.

On the chance that you were not serious and meant to imply that had these people gone build-crazy in the real world... well, keep in mind the laws of physics and economics. :p

[QUOTE=croxis;190271]You know I find that statement quite insulting. How do you know that they don't use such creativity in the real world? Are you saying because they are playing a computer game they are lazy? Or that it steals or zaps their creativity?

Having worked with a lot of different sort of people of all ages I am quite convinced that these people are just as creative in the real world. Can you imagine what it would be like if we [i]didn't[/i] have them?[/QUOTE]

Adding to this: computers are part of the real world. They're physical objects. Why can't they be tools of art?

[QUOTE=A2597;190286]Me and my friend strip mined for about an hour[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Minecraft just needs some blue aliens to attack you when you mine, and it will be complete!
  • Well, There are Skeletons, Zombies, and the occasional spider that come down to kill us while we dig.
  • [quote]
    On the chance that you were not serious and meant to imply that had these people gone build-crazy in the real world... well, keep in mind the laws of physics and economics.
    [/quote]

:vorlon:
  • ....and another evening consumed by Minecraft..honestly, Dragonage didn't hook me so!
  • So, are you building something? Babylon 5 station, maybe?
  • Me and a couple friends have built this rediculously large castle on a mountain, with crafting rooms and storage and overlooks, with access to the main mine, and walkways that lead out to sand locations, and other mines, treefarms, etc. We've been continuously improving the castle, and last night I built another structure underwater (Time consuming as can be to do that) which serves no purpose other than to look cool.