Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Looking for Babylon 5 Legions of Fire Book 3

So, my wife and I have read the Psycorps trilogy, and the other day as we were finishing Objects at Rest she asked me what happened to David Sheridan. I understand that some of that is explained in the Legions of Fire trilogy, so I'm getting them for her for Christmas. I've got book 1 and 2 but book 3, "Out of the Darkness," is proving problematic. The cheapest I can find at Amazon and Half.com is around $20, and I'm not going to pay that for the book.

I'm going to hit up some comic book stores in the area, but are there any suggestions as to other places I might try? I'd like to get her the complete set for Christmas if I can. Thanks!

Comments

• Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    try

[url]http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?bi=0&bx=off&ds=30&recentlyadded=all&sortby=17&sts=t&tn=Babylon+5&x=0&y=0[/url]

or this little online sci fi book stor i used to buy thing from called The Other Change of Hobbit... [url]http://www.otherchangeofhobbit.com/[/url]

or possibly The Strand Bookstore in NYC. [url]www.strandbooks.com[/url]

From what i remember of this book, $20 is prolly the best price you are going to find it for, last time i looked i couldnt even find it below $60,
  • Thanks for the suggestions! Interesting about the book price...Amazon has the first two books for $8, sold by them. I'm guessing because it's out of print.

Thanks again!
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I bought them a few years ago now, but they were reasonably expensive even then. I'd say $20 is a bargin
  • Ugh. Your imagination is going to be better than those books. The only B5 novels I've got that I've never reread, and have no desire to ever read again.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Really? I didn't think they were that bad. I prefer them to the Psi Corp trilogy, which I didn't particularly care for
    I actually paid about $70 for a collection of 13 or 14 B5 books on ebay, i think they are still in the garage.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I thought the Centauri books were the ones that felt most like the show. I could've easily seen them as additional episodes or telemovies.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [i]I[/i] liked all of the 3 trilogies. I happen to have enjoyed the Centauri ones the most (for the exact reason that Mr Mac stated above), but they were all entertaining.
  • The Centauri Trilogy was just disappointing to me. It didn't really feel like it was telling any sort of story, but like they existed just because they had to exist. I also don't think Peter David did a very good job of capturing the characters. I'm not saying that he made them all act out of character or anything, they just didn't feel right. It's hard to put into words really, I was just disappointed in the books. And I wanted to punch him in the face by the fifth time he made that duck/cat joke. It was funny in the episode, but it got REAL old when he kept repeating it.
    I liked the other trilogies far more. Especially the Technomage books, which were VERY well written as far as I'm concerned. The characters in those books acted like real people. The Technomage and Psi Corps books really felt like they had something to say, while the Centauri trilogy just felt like it existed because it had to.
  • Was someone blaspheming Peter David in this thread?
  • Well, I've already got the first two books Darth (albeit, for .75 a piece!)...so I'm in it now! If you are correct and the Technomage trilogy is better, then maybe we'll be reading in the right order!

Just got real excited, found a copy online for 3.25, but it's in a bookstore in Ramstein that doesn't ship to the US. Oh well.
    Yeah you got to be careful with that, I found a few copies for $3 or $4 each, and witha low low shipping price of $50...
  • By far the best trilogy IMHO.And Peter David did an excellent job. This is the trilogy I consider essential to the completion of the series. All the things left open get taken care of in this book.