Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Car Accident... :(

13»

Comments

• E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE=Entil'Zha;192074]And I just got off the phone with the insurance adjuster... They noticed some bowing in the roof of the car, so they started taking measurements, and aparently the frame is bent[/QUOTE]Yeah, frame and internal structures can get bent rather easily even if external/outside damages don't look bad.
    There's car body shop nearby and need to straighten some frame structures is common in accident cars coming from insurance companies.

I've seen also one car which looked basically normal if you looked from the rear... while actually engine and gearbox, following Newton's first law of motion, had torn completely away and shredded through front of the car's body when "little" speeding car had hit to these traffic dividing rised structures common in crossroads. (damn lucky driver... got only sore arm)
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=Biggles;192113]We just bought [url=http://www.killbots.net/temp/P1140843.jpg]this[/url]. Sanfam's going to hate me. I do have an [url=http://www.killbots.net/temp/P1140863.jpg]awesome sunshade[/url], though.[/QUOTE]

How many parsecs did you pay for that sunshade? :D
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    So, In addition to the car being totaled, I recently found out that we were being assfucked by our insurance company, Geico increased my rates by oh about 250+%. They somehow determined that the accident was my fault. Never informed me of this decision, I only found out when my rates went from $702/year to $1800/year.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Didn't you know you're not supposed to drive into tyres that come flying towards you at high speed?
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    That's typical Geico. One reason I will never use them.
  • But they've got those funny commercials! Those commercials are so informative about what their product is!
    Well they've denied all my appeals, Now i get to call them back again, and politely request transcripts of the appeals board decsion, AND credentials for all the people involved in the appeal, All i know is that "3 independent people (who work for Geico)" reviewed the case and upheld the decsion.

I've already opened a complaint with the Maine Dept of Insurance and they are investigating, but I don't hold out much hope of getting it changed from at fault to no fault.

I've already dropped Geico for my car, and am dropping my motorcycle with them shortly.

The one upside, The only reasonable insurance my agent could find (due to an AT FAULT accident being now listed as a public record) was with a commercial auto company, the same one who handles my business insurance, Which now means i can deduct both the car and the car insurance as a business expense. Yippiee!
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Also make sure to double check the police report, as there could be an error on that document that makes it appear as its your fault (this is also the only bit of evidence that the insurance company may have to make a judgement anyway).

Jake
    there is one error in the police report that I pointed out to Geico, The accident drawing in the report shows it as being a 3 lane section of Highway, when it is in reality only 2 lanes.

They didn't seem interested in that fact.