Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Trying to find a B5 sound effect...

I'm looking for the Comm Link sound effect (The hand comm link).
Been all over DownBelow sound archive with no luck, and figured someone here might have it.

Thanks!

Comments

• That particular sound effect was much used in Babylon 5 desktop themes... If you can find a B5 desktop theme you will probably find the sound effect as well.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    Every link I've tried for a theme download from the first 5 pages of Google is broken, save for one, which was a virus.
    :(
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I probably have it on a CD somewhere, give me some time to locate it and I'll attach it here... :)
  • I did some googling for you. Like you said, it appears that with "babylon 5 desktop theme" you get mostly dead links, but I noted that the URL:s pointing at the file were named as "b5theme.zip".

Thus I did some searches with this query string and ended up on this site:
    [url]ftp://time.synchro.net/main/SCREEN/00index.html%3Fext=on$gm9ylw8n[/url]

There are couple files named as B5theme or such, I opened one and it looked to be legit with wav-files. Didn't check if the sound effect you were after was in those files, but hopefully it helps :)
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Gawd, there used to be a site with all sorts of soundfiles from b5... wish i could remember what it was...
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    Downbelow Sound Archive?

Spent a couple hours there, no luck

Edit: Thanks Sinclair! That had it! :D
    Now my iphone text message / email received notify doesn't sound like everyone else on the planet. Buahaha!
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Do you have to jailbreak to add them? It's not something that it ever occurred to me to do, altho pre-iPhone I had the Defiant's red alert klaxon as my message tone :)
    I believe with the latest IOS you can change text tones without jailbreaking, of course, i'm jailbroken anyway, not going to pay AT&T extra money to use my bandwidth how i want!
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    Yep, I jailbroke it. Been jailbroken since I got the phone.

And yes, so much better. haha
    Really the only Jailbroken feature i use is Tethering, but it's so nice.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I dont need to jailbreak my phone to use tethering which is free on my contract anyway, so there's no real reason for me to jailbreak it.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    For the record, I still have the old B5 Shadow Wars CD, which should have a good number of the sound effects.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    You know, speaking of B5 sound effects, I was watching Star Trek '09 the other day, and was shocked when, during Spock's mind-meld flashback, the red matter made the jumppoint sound effect when it hit the supernova and formed the black hole.

Well, that was the most concentratedly geeky thing I've written in a while.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    [QUOTE=ShadowDancer;193083]I dont need to jailbreak my phone to use tethering which is free on my contract anyway, so there's no real reason for me to jailbreak it.[/QUOTE]

The primary reason for me to jailbreak is SB Settings
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE=David of Mac;193089]You know, speaking of B5 sound effects, I was watching Star Trek '09 the other day, and was shocked when, during Spock's mind-meld flashback, the red matter made the jumppoint sound effect when it hit the supernova and formed the black hole.

Well, that was the most concentratedly geeky thing I've written in a while.[/QUOTE]
    I can top that! In Serenity, the sound of Serenity in atmo (before the crash landing) is that of a whitestar!