Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Deux

DaxDax Redshirt
Wow- just wow!

I have to say I am sad to see it end. There was of course an epic battle and...

[SP]A few places where I thought that the book was better. I thought that the "brain-pensieve" stuff coming out as tears instead of wispy stuff from Snape's head was a good alternative but I was disappointed that the final Voldemort death scene wasn't in the great hall- not really a reason to change that. Also not sure where this boat house at Hogwarts came from, Voldemort was supposed to be hiding out in the shrieking shack.

The conversation about wands with Ollivander was screwed up a bit by the movie makers and that was disappointing but I guess the movie had to do a bit more "telling/speaking" instead of "showing".

I cried of course when Remus, Lupin and Fred died. And even though the Gringotts journey to the vaults wasn't what I imagined, it was good.

Best line of the movie not from the book:
McGonagall: "I've always wanted to use that spell"

Best line of the movie from the book:
Molly Weasley: "Not my daughter YOU BITCH!"
[/SP]

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I'm going to see it Tuesday. Can't wait! :)
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I thought Emma Watson's emotional performance at the London premiere was quite convincing. :)
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I loved it. It was exactly what it needed to be.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I thought it was awesome! It gave the series a fitting send off, and it certainly didnt lack for excitement!

I agree with you Dax on all points, especially [sp]about the Great Hall. I think it lost a lot of impact as a result, especially in not having Harry suddenly appear amongst them for the final duel. I was also surprised that Fred's death didnt feature more, and I wish that Sirius, Lily and James had gotten a bit more attention when Harry finally got the resurrection stone.[/sp]

Other than those minor points tho, I totally loved it! I'm rather sad its all over now tho
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Finally went to see it yesterday. Honestly, after being bored to death with part 1 (too much exposition, and not enough story), I found part 2 to be quite enjoyable.