Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Any home audio pros out thereÉ

My family received a 5.1 speaker system for the living room as a gift but we dont have a receiver. Any cheap brands that sound good that run what i think is a cheap speaker systemÉ... the model is an icinema model i-hd901

Comments

• croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Just forward this to my brother who may see this inbetween his zelda sessions :P
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I like my JVC and Sony
  • And ReBoot sessions :P

Actually I'm on the last boss now in Skyward Sword....

...anyway, I don't know too much about consumer level products. I know the rule for PA systems is that your amps RMS wattage should be at least double the speaker wattage. So make sure you figure out each speaker's RMS wattage level, and find a receiver that can output a value higher than that at RMS PER CHANNEL. This is very important. RMS is average volume, many advertise their peak volume, which is not the same and is irrelevant in most cases. Also receivers and amps often advertise their total power output, instead of their per channel output.
  • thanks guys,
    the amp thing is like car amps, only total amps i noticed.

the guys at blu-ray.com told me to check out [url]http://www.accessories4less.com[/url] for lowest prices highest quality receivers. refirb units for the price not too bad ; they are lower then retail. also checking if web site is legit