Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

US Presidential Elections 2012

Well, here I thought it was going to be interesting but no, it's just about done.

[URL="http://gawker.com/5878019/its-over-chuck-norris-has-endorsed-newt-gingrich"]Chuck Norris has endorsed Newt Gingrich.[/URL]

Game Over, you can all go home now!

You can save us all a lot of grief, poorly conceived ads and tax payer moneys by calling the election results now.

Unless... of course, Bruce Lee endorses Abraham Lincoln... :D

Comments

• Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Well shit...
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE=Entil'Zha;194619]Well shit...[/QUOTE]
    That is what the rest of the world thinks looking at the elections you know ;)
  • There are presidential elections going on in Finland as well.

Two candidates:
    Sauli Niinistö (on the right) with his wife:
    [IMG]http://galleria.menaiset.fi/image/gallery/24/ff98bc_sauli_niinisto_ja_jenni_hau.jpg[/IMG]

Pekka Haavisto (on the right) with his wife:
    [IMG]http://static.yle.fi/linnanjuhlat/2008/galleria/2/haavisto_pekka.jpg[/IMG]
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    :D
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    I think Haavisto is the wife in that relationship..
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    [QUOTE=Stingray;194618]Well, here I thought it was going to be interesting but no, it's just about done.

[URL="http://gawker.com/5878019/its-over-chuck-norris-has-endorsed-newt-gingrich"]Chuck Norris has endorsed Newt Gingrich.[/URL]

Game Over, you can all go home now!

You can save us all a lot of grief, poorly conceived ads and tax payer moneys by calling the election results now.

Unless... of course, Bruce Lee endorses Abraham Lincoln... :D[/QUOTE]
    Might want to check his past endorsement track record...
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Without trying to start a political debate, the more of what I see I think folks better watch out for Newt...he's a bulldog with a very high intellengence and comes off as very sincere when he speaks...I suspect that if he makes it past Romney, he will be able to talk circles around Obama. It will be two things that keep him back, a significant improvement in the economy by June or his own personal baggage.

Jake
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Newt's problem is that people don't like him. His unfavorable rating is 55-60% and his favorable rating is around 25-30%. Sure he is pulling the conservative electorate in the primaries, but the moderates do not like him by and large, and he has to win the moderates to win the election in November.

Frankly, the entire field is dismally weak...
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=croxis;194627]Might want to check his past endorsement track record...[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Norris"]I did and all he endorsed so far didn't make it.[/URL]

Chuck is a republican who is pro-gun and anti-homosexuality, but he's philanthropic. He's so full of contradictions, I'm surprised he has the molecular ability to be human at all. :D
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE=Random Chaos;194633]Frankly, the entire field is dismally weak...[/QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth....
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    A case of "whoever wins, we lose"?
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I"m voting for Sheridan
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Abso-fraggin-lutely, dammit! You can always get behind a platform that can be summed up as "Nuke 'em!". ;)

From what we see of the US elections outside the US (which does include US media), it's a wonder you people even bother. The candidates seem to change position with every new poll, and they all seem to be financially backed by special interest groups. How can anyone (other than those special interest groups) believe that they will keep their promises?

As far as I can tell, the entire US political system operates on legal bribary.
    I'm always shocked it operates at all Biggles. It seems like a recipe for disaster most of the time
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    I liked Stephen Colberts bid for the President of the United States of South Carolina.

Too bad it didnt seem to get that far. Atleast yet. :)

Anyway, been entertained by the Super Pac hijinks they've been doing for the past month or two.
  • All the candiates that the media covers and supports are pro bailout. It is by design, you cannot have a anti bailout candiate win for obvious reasons.
  • the only legitimate option IMHO is Ron Paul. He's got some crazy ideas, but at least he doesn't sell out.

Most importantly, he's in favor of ending American aggression / industrial military complex. I'd vote for him for the veto power alone.