Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Mass Effect 3

StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
While I have yet to play it, I've enjoyed the plot of this series quite a bit. Today ME3 was released and it's good to be back with the crew of the Normandy. :)

Comments

• DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    Yeah, I preordered it. I'm probably going to avoid this topic for a long time, until I beat it. I better see Tali's face this time.
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    I have to finish making that "perfect" save to continue from in ME2.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Not out here till Friday, so spoiler tags as necessary till then please ;)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I need a computer that works before I get to play it. :(
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Mine is in the mail, but as it is still origin activated it won't start working until friday.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Since I'm still using my rig that ran ME1 so badly, I never went and got ME2. It is highly unlikely I'll actually get ME3. So I will have to stick to watching playthroughs until that time when I decide to get a video game console or a new PC, whichever comes first or at all, as tablets look nicer with every iteration.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    I'll wait until the price drops a little bit... I paid full price for Skyrim, not ready to pay full price again this quickly for a game. (Especially a game that is tied into E.A. Origin)
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    I need to wait until I finish ME 1, and then 2... and until its in discount with some big DLC pack included and can use to play without Origin (hopefully sometime..).
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    What are the odds that they'll release a special edition Mass Effect Trilogy box set some time in the future? ;) That's what I did for the LoTR collectors edition when it came out. I can wait.
  • If there is one game I can't wait to see, its Max Mass Fallout V: Enemy Unknown
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I have to say, I'm having ridiculous amounts of fun playing ME3! :)

For the opening sequence, my heart rate actually increased with the anticipation! I can't remember the last time a game did that!
    I finished ME3, and now I'm sad as there will be no more Mass Effect games. :(

I've read some criticism on the web about Mass Effect 3, but I liked it for the most part. There are things that could be done better but that's the case for every game. Maybe the people complaining just had too high expectations, as mine were not high as I'm always afraid people will screw up stuff.
    I don't want to rush thru it too quickly as I want to make it last. However, given that I'm working 12hr shifts the next two days and then going to visit my parents for five, I'll definitely not be finishing it any time soon heh!
    heh, yeah. Didn't take me many days to complete but did take many hours, so if you have that kind of schedule it will take a few days more. So good for you. :)
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Just finished it and my play through time was much higher than either of the first two games.

It was the glitchiest of the trilogy, a number of animation problems that I noticed. I'd have liked to see them do more with the Galaxy at War system. I got my readiness rating up to 86% and it didn't feel like it made any difference. I guess a replay might help in that regard.

[sp]I've heard people complaining about the ending too. I think they were expecting something with a lot of explosions. Instead we got a much more thought provoking end. I kinda liked it.[/sp]

Kinda sad it's over now though. I found the party members of both games were so well written, they almost seemed like real people you were interacting with and could care about. Now I won't see them in anymore adventures unless I replay the game again.
  • Triple-FTriple-F Earthforce Officer
    Sounds silly, but I had the same reaction years ago when finishing Baulders Gate. Still to pick up any of the ME games, was waiting for the trilogy to end for one big play through. Might wait for some patches now as well. ; )
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [url]http://killbots.net/random/travel_the_galaxy.jpg[/url]
    LOL, that's an awesome setup.
    I'm Commander Shepard and I approve this bookend
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I finished Mass Effect 3 yesterday, and it left a hole in my heart.

In fact, Hitler sums it up pretty good here (SPOILER ALERT): [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b33tJx8iy0A&feature=related[/url]

Spoiler: I was prepared to see Shepard die, I was expecting it, in fact the only ending that would have felt really bad was if they time travelled to make it never happen or some bullshit like that.

After finishing it, I didnt really feel anything. I was happy to have finished it, but I felt hollow a bit.

After thinking about it, it really does not feel like an ending at all, there are so many holes in the story, in fact, the only thing that make sense is this:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynYgr1rqEec&feature=related[/url]

P.s. those links are full of spoilers D.s.

[url]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QT4IUepvrU1pfv_B95oQj0H84DlCTUmzQ_uQh1voTUs/preview?pli=1&sle=true[/url]

Gah, and I was so sure that the people not liking the ending were overreacting..
    But the game, the game was sooo good. The game was everything I wanted and more! The ending though..
    Spoiler: Apparently this is what BioWare is responding to the indoctrination theory:[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwdFK6pfyiA&feature=watch_response[/url]
    I don't mind the ending, but I won't be sad if Bioware clarify stuff more.

[SPOILER] What I liked most about my story through all the games is that I did very well in ME1 and 2, but in ME3 a lot of people died through out the game (Miranda, Tali, Legion) so it was really a sad ending where everyone Shepard cared about died. :D [/SPOILER]
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Spoiler: Yesterday I was okay with the ending but the more I've thought about it and actually read the complaints, the more I realise I'm not okay with it.

The Mass Effect games are all about choice, so instead of having and end where the final decision makes no real difference to the events that follow, they should allow people to choose a happy ending, or a sad ending or whatever.

I played through the series my way, if I think Shepard should live, then dammit, he should live! The first Dragonage did this excellently, so why cant Mass Effect?

Miranda and Tali didn't die in my game. It was Mordin, Thane and Legion but then I think everyone who was on the ground in the final battle died though. I know it's supposed to be a desperate situation but the games have always offered hope. The only characters I know for sure to lived are Joker, Tali and Javik because they were at the Normandy crashsite. Which is again strange because Tali was on the ground with me during the final assault. I assumed she died in the charge.
    Spoiler: I'm the exact same way Worf. Also Edi was with me on the ground, and also on the crashsite so another wierd occurence..

These are the two tweets that speak most for a indoctrination right now:

User 7: "Its not that the ending was taken in the wrong direction its that it makes NO SENSE. Ashley was on the Normandy? she [was] with me."
    @masseffect: "Probably a good thing to be cautious of."

User 2 - then I want to SEE that he was lying. I want to get up and finish the fight with Commander Shepard. Then retire.
    Merizan - augh. want. to. discuss! Staying spoiler free for now :P
    Spoiler: Also, EDI was the single most useful crew member IMO. Incinerate and Overload plus Decoy ftw!
    [SPOILER]I hate EDI's decoy, it always ended up just standing in front of me blocking my view. :p [/SPOILER]
    [QUOTE=C_Mon;194984][SPOILER]I hate EDI's decoy, it always ended up just standing in front of me blocking my view. :p [/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

Not a bad view IMO. :p
    [sp]Yeah I was hoping that all the fuss about the ending was just a bunch of kids whining, but I find I didn't like the ending either. However, it does seem to me to be a perfect setup for some DLC in the near future, which I can't say I'm too pleased about. You buy a game, you deserve to get the whole game....anything else as DLC is fair enough[/sp]

Just have to wait and see
    RIP Marauder Shields. He died trying to save us from the ending.