Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

RIP Jack Tramiel

StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
In my stumbling around on the interwebs I encountered the online article about the passing of Jack Tramiel which is titled "[URL="http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2012/04/09/computer-legend-and-gaming-pioneer-jack-tramiel-dies-at-age-83/"]Computer Legend and Gaming Pioneer Jack Tramiel Dies at Age 83[/URL]" and I was like, Jack-who?

I never owned a Commodore 64, but it was the first "PC" I came in touch with, ever. I played the original Castle Wolfenstein on it and it was a friend's elder brother's computer and we used it when he wasn't there. ;) Gosh, that's a long time ago, about 30 years ago. I never knew the name of the man behind the C=64. Now I do! :)

Anyway, wow!

RIP Jack! It's all your fault I'm in this business. :D

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Same goes for me. The ease with which a C64 could be tinkered with opened a lot of doors.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Still have my "working" SX-64... :)

RIP JT! I'm not far behind you...
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I wasn't aware of of his contribution either, but what a contribution he made!
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    YEAH D00D EYE ST1LL YOUSE MY COMADOR 64 W1TH MY BITNET AK0NT D00DZ!!!1!!11!

Seriously though. I never heard of this guy, but I appeciate his work now, I suppose.
  • In BetweenIn Between The Ultimate Lurker
    :(

I started in a Vic 20.

Thank You Sir for I never knew you.