Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Gaming

WORFWORF The Burninator
I've been thinking all day about how on IRC, we would often get a group together to play Supreme Commander. While that game doesn't seem to work properly anymore, wouldn't it be great if we all found something to play?

I'm not talking about MMOs, something that can be played through in a session or two. The expansion for Sins of a Solar Empire comes out soon, for example.

Comments

• croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    There are a lot of games - some short session, some can have private persistent servers. The issue is finding a game everyone has or is willing to buy,
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    I am somewhat interested in this possibility.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    As long as I can blow RC up, I'm in! :p
    Next question: Something session based (like sup com) or a private persistant world/server thing (minecraft, terria, freelancer)
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    B5:Itf demo?

:p
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Freelancer, now there's a great game I've not played in ages! Altho my favourite was definitely Starlancer. Ah they don't make them like that any more!

What about an X-Wing Alliance tournament some time? Winner gets crowned as the FirstOnes Top Gun! ;)
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    I'd be up for a game, but it needs to run on OSX :)

Diablo III is coming out in may.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    [QUOTE=JackN;195151]B5:Itf demo?

:p[/QUOTE]

That has multiplayer?

[QUOTE=ShadowDancer;195153]What about an X-Wing Alliance tournament some time? Winner gets crowned as the FirstOnes Top Gun! ;)[/QUOTE]

I'd win that :)
  • I'm always down for SupCom....also, Europa :D
    Hah don't make me laugh Worf! Top vape bait maybe!

Oh and I call dibs on the Tie Defender! :p
    I'll have you know, the last two XvT and XWA tournaments I took part in, other players broke their joysticks trying to evade me :)

Freelancer sounds good, I'll have to dig out my copy. I wonder what mods exist for it now.

Croxis and I tried SupCom a few months ago but neither of us could get it running. Not sure what was up with that.
    There is [url]http://springrts.com/[/url] which is inspired by supcom/TA
    Nice!

I wonder if I could convert my Chronicles of Humanity ships into a model format that engine can use...
    [QUOTE=WORF;195158]I'll have you know, the last two XvT and XWA tournaments I took part in, other players broke their joysticks trying to evade me :)[/QUOTE]

Mighty fine words Worf, but I hope you're prepared to eat them! :p
    Found a possibel freelancer mod: [url]http://discoveryfl.com/[/url]
    Player owned stations eh?
    Well I would like to host a freelancer server, but I lack the upload bandwidth to do it. I suppose I could try testing it hmmm.
    I might be able to do it but my upstream bandwidth is quite low, so it wouldn't support many players. There are also times, like next week when I'll be away for a few days so will be shutting the computer down.
    I'll set up a windows vps on my nix server. Lets see how sad this works....
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    I'd be up for some awesome Supcom: Forged Alliance. Silly thing about Forged Alliance is that Steam version cannot play with non steam version of the game. But on the plus you can add your supcom serial to steam to get the steam version. Another plus is that if you have both Supcom and Forged Alliance you just need to add one of the serials to get both games on steam.
    It must be a recent addition. Last I checked only SupCom 2 (bleh) was on steam