Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Portal 2

WORFWORF The Burninator
No one created a Portal 2 thread?

Odd.

Anyway, yesterday Valve released the editor for people to create and share their own test chambers. It seems pretty powerful, I wonder if other games will start to include tools like this because some of the fully featured editors are insanely complex.

Here's my first chamber.

[URL="http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=68651672"]Fiendish Maze[/URL]

If anyone else has made some, do share :)

Comments

• David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I tried a couple of maps yesterday, but I was less impressed with the state of the app. On the first try, I spawned without a portal gun and Cave's introductory message didn't play. I restarted the level, then it worked, except my character model was a generic stick-figure, like from the videos (though I'm not sure if this was a glitch, or if the map-maker can chose the player model). The second level I tried was fine until the end, when I got in the elevator, it started moving and faded to black, but didn't actually end the level. The elevator noise just kept going, and going, and going (and I could still fire the portal gun).

So, I'll take another whack at it in a few days, once the next update comes down.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    I'm not very good at making maps, mostly because I don't have the patient. I will probably wait a few months until something really good has been released until I try a map.

Another game that has a really good map editor is Trials Evolution, but that's for xbox 360 only.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Contrary to popular belief, I don't actually play games for a living. ;)

Once in a while the modding itch resurfaces again and I toy around in 3D modeling software and then I wake up and move on.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    [url]http://youtu.be/xPWs6ioNZoI[/url]

This is worth listening to! :)

25 minutes of Cave Johnson dialog.

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]chariot chariot[/COLOR]