Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

A season of endings

Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
So.. House is over. Awake finished after one season.

And I genuinely liked both endings. Sure, they had their faults, there were stuff I felt cheated, some stuff I felt did not quite fit in with previous.. but both series had final scenes that felt good to me. And that's what I like.

Sure, questions left unanswered or asked, but a fitting epitaph to both series.

What else is ending? And any good series incoming?

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    I've gotten to the point where it feels like it's almost not worth starting to watch a new show because it's likely to get cancelled quickly.

Once Upon a Time just finished it's first season and it was an enjoyable enough show. Thankfully it was renewed for a second season and has pretty good ratings so it should continue for awhile.

Not sure there's anything else coming.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Not even JJ's new show Revolution? [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwfCRAtkYEI[/url]

Or Sorkins new show The Newsroom: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC8ovJYAU3U[/url]
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    both of those trailers look great!
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=WORF;195244]I've gotten to the point where it feels like it's almost not worth starting to watch a new show because it's likely to get cancelled quickly.[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly. The sad part is, that the show makers seem to feel like that as well, why bother, no one's going to watch it anyway, they are just as likely to make a buck by designing their own brand of sneakers.
    Revolution looks good but it also looks like the kind of show that's very expensive and won't attract a massive audience. Bad combination.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    I was planning on watching Revolution, but.. the one actor I was most interested in seeing gets killed in the pilot, the dad.. so.. there goes my interest rate.

Everyone else is kind of meh.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    The networks expect to have massive hits instantly, they have no desire, inclination or the understanding needed to allow shows to grow into their full potential over a few seasons.

I don't see this changing until someone at a network realises this and changes their MO....and I dont expect this to be soon as these days they're purely obsessed with the bottom line.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Revolution looks like a show where I'm interested in the answer to questions in the show and would only keep watching it for that. But if it does well it might just never give real answers until the end or you never get answers if it's canceled.

I almost rather just rewatch B5.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=Lord Refa;195251]I was planning on watching Revolution, but.. the one actor I was most interested in seeing gets killed in the pilot, the dad.. so.. there goes my interest rate.

Everyone else is kind of meh.[/QUOTE]

Spoiler Alert!!! :alien:

I'm kidding, not even sure if I'm going to watch it.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Stingray, its not a spoiler when its on the trailer. :P
  • TOMIN NOOOOOOOOO

(lowercase text)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=WORF;195250]Revolution looks good but it also looks like the kind of show that's very expensive and won't attract a massive audience. Bad combination.[/QUOTE]

Or, because it's a J.J. Abrams show, he'll get bored and leave after the first season, the new people won't know what to do with it, it will flop around for a few years, and then either they'll invent some way to finish it that has little relation to how it started or it will get canceled.
    He's probably done that already and shifted his focus to Star Trek.

If we're going to be posting about upcoming shows. How about [URL="http://blip.tv/chroniclesofhumanity/uprising-teaser-6153305"]this[/URL]?
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    Really, most shows are just so uninteresting to me. If they came up with better ideas, maybe I'd watch, but really, I'd rather play video games or read.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I think most of the industry has run out of good ideas. And anything that is actually new is seen as too risky to try.

Worf, no pressure, but soon you might be the only source of scifi ;)
    The only real competition I have from a big network is Blood & Chrome, which isn't even going to get made into a series.

If I end up being the only source of scifi, that should give me a pretty big audience who miss the old shows :D