Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

The Bald Brakiri in season 4...

Soo..

Why was the Brakiri Ambassador bald in season 4x13 (Rumors and Lies)?

He had hair every other time I've seen him.

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    An object lesson in why you should never play poker with a Pak'Ma'Ra!

Seriously I have no idea ;)
  • It's got to be a mistake, in a later shot he has his hair again... LOL (I just never noticed this before)
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    It's a different Brakiri. I just had a look, and you can see the bald guy (who never speaks) sitting next to the regular, be-haired Brakiri ambassador in the council scene at the end.

(As an aside, I remember noticing that on the [url=babylon5.wikia.com]Babylon Project wiki[/url], the Brakiri ambassador is listed under [url=http://babylon5.wikia.com/wiki/Kullenbrak]two[/url] [url=http://babylon5.wikia.com/wiki/Lethke_Zum_Bartrado]names[/url]. I remember him being called "Kullenbrak" during "Day of the Dead," but I don't recall hearing the other name the rest of his appearances are under on-screen. Come to think of it, I don't think the twice-named Grey Council member ever had his initial name spoken aloud, either, and was just identified in "In the Beginning." Well, whatever. They're weird over there. There was a guy who insisted that Senna from the Centauri Prime novels wasn't Senna from "In The Beginning," since her backstory in the novelization was retconned in the later books)
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    Well, her name isn't Senna in In the Beginning. They never call her that, and in the script, she's just called Centauri Woman. Or do you mean the novelization? Doesn't it actually say in that book that Londo doesn't know who she is? Even though Peter David wrote both? I can't say for sure since I never read the novelization.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Exactly. In the novelization of "In the Beginning," the nanny is named Senna, and she's said to be a retainer of the family of Londo's friend from "Knives" (who the kids also belong to), and no mention is made of them having any kind of friendship. Then, in the later trilogy, Senna shows up from day one, is Lord Refa's daughter, and Londo takes her under his wing. In the last book of the trilogy, the prologue and epilogue of the ITB novelization are condensed and incorporated into the narrative. The specifics about Senna are removed (well, edited down. He's trying to remember who she is, and starts to think "A retainer to one of the houses...?" and trails off), and Londo's seeming unfamiliarity with her are explained as being part of ever-more-frequent memory lapses from age and stress, and the fact that he's drunk as a skunk.

Anyway, some guy insisted that since the novelization had her in a different family, there must've been two Sennas (even though [i]he acknowledged that Peter David meant for them to be the same character and was retconning her backstory[/i]) running around the royal palace.

Anyway, I made an argument about how completely absurd this was, pointed out a couple of other retcons from the same movie and books (the novelization also provides a vastly different fate for Timov than the trilogy, so were there two of her, too? And in Points of Departure, the Black Star was destroyed between Jupiter and Mars, but in the movie, it happened years before the Minbari even came close to Earth. Did that happen twice?). A few months later, someone who knew more about operating wiki magic than I do actually merged the articles. I'd link to the talk page where this happened, but it was on the one that didn't survive.