Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

For the Wing Commander fans

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Wow that's amazing! The only thing I worry about now however is they've got an [I]aweful[/I] lot to live up to.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Bringing back at least one of the Wing Commander stars is a $5m goal :)
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Is it just me or do any of you have trouble accessing the RSI website and forum? My guess is that the server is getting slammed constantly and that they are just victims of their own success. ;) Whatever goal they reach from now on is just a bonus, so I'm not worried about what gets done now or later. Spacesims are back! :cool:
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Even if the big studios do sit up and take note, it'll still be a good year or two before we see any games on the market. But its an excellent start! :)
    If they make it to $5.5m, the Bengal carrier from the trailer will be a rare but playable ship :D
    The RSI forum finally gave out and they'll be switching to vBulletin next week. ;)

At last a forum we can live with. :)
    Yep they've just blown past it!
    $4.8M and counting... less than 22 hours to go.

That countdown is silly at this point... I mean, they can always add this content later if they want to. We won't get it all at once anyway. "Yeah, I want my Borg ship with an aqua paint job, please." :D
    Actually, I believe all of this content is for launch. Content from goals not met will likely be added later, it just means having to wait longer for it.

Personally, it's quite exciting to watch how far they are going, even though it's a long wait to actually play the game.

And of course, the site is down because they've been hammered so much. Can't keep track until they bring it back up.
    I hope you are right, they stopped short of selling us the Moon. ;)
    And that's $5 million they've just blown past, with about 18hrs to go!
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    5.1 mil.. maybe they'll get to 5.5 or even 6.
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    5.16 mil now - gone up $25k in the last 25 minutes.
  • Pledged $125 for Wingnut.
    Currently at $5,449,047, I think we'll be getting that carrier :)
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    It is over 5.5 million now :)
    Yeah, we've unlocked another 500 Internal Server Error!!! :D

Maybe they could use some of that money to get some serious hardware and connection to the web. ;)

Next goal $6M. This is nothing short of amazing, but I think they need to keep it real. After that it is going to be somewhat ridiculous. It's time to get busy and continue the great work that was already started with the demo. Get the specs info out to the modders so they can start working as well. (*)

(*) Not sure if those links were up there yesterday, but there is a [URL="http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen-faq/"]SC-FAQ[/URL] and a [URL="http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/ships-plan/"]SC-Development-Document[/URL].

First things first though, get that forum back up again, pronto! :)
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    5.7 with 4 hours to go
    $6,020,672 :d
    Unbelievable! :D
    $6.1M with less than an hour to go... Forget the game, let's keep raising money, this is far more exciting. :D
    over 6.2 million.... sweet
    They had a brief live stream uplink where they popped a bottle of "bubbley." ;)

"The hall is rented, the orchestra engaged. It's now time to see if you can dance." - Q
    I was watching the video :) amazing
    Actually the live stream was going all night. I had it on in the background all afternoon! Was quite entertaining when they were up all night and necking caffeine to stay awake, and the last few hours were petty exciting too!
    Yesterday during the video stream, I heard Chris say that he would be reaching out to Mark, Tom and some of the others from Wing Commander to get them involved :)
    Well one of the stretch goals was at least one voice actor from WC...
    Now I know why I couldn't watch the entire live stream, you were all hogging the line!!

I only remember Mark, which Tom are you referring to? I doubt we'll get David Suchet aka Hercule Poirot from the WC movie. ;)
  • Malcolm McDowell!
    Thomas F. Wilson, AKA Biff from Back to the Future. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6doN7IEgXc&list=UUxkGZID3IhZA2pTk5q2FGVw&index=8&feature=plcp[/url]