Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

For the Wing Commander fans

12346»

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    Is that Mr Morden at 3:01?
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Ah, yes, Biff, wasn't he also in Starship Troopers? Nope, hehe, I mistook him for Clancy Brown... LOL

BTW, the RSI website is slowly recovering, the olde forum is back up and they hope to have vBulletin up and running no later than the end of next week.

The pledges still trickle in... and I should have broadband access by the end of this week at my new place. Whoohoo!! Life is good!! :)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    It did look rather like him Worf!
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Wow, $6.5 million mark passed.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Its just a pity that they go to the new funding model on Monday. I get paid next Wednesday, I'd have added a couple of other little extra's I'm sure! I still could of course....
    Looks like the $7M mark was passed today. :cool:

I didn't add more than my original pledge, I would have if necessary, but I much rather prefer to play the game and get extra stuff that way. ;)

And as I mentioned earlier, I will need to upgrade at some point.
    Yep, it's at "[B]$7,005,123[/B]"
    The latest update about the Freelancer is pretty interesting. They put that model together pretty quickly, voting for the concept art wasn't long ago :)
    As far as I understand it, this design was done in-house. I thought it was a fan submission for some reason. :D

Either way, looks very nice.
    I dont think the Freelancer will be for me though....needs more guns! :D
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    The more they put out about the ships, and backstory, the less I want to wait 2 years to play...
    Technically, we only have to wait one year before we get to play something...even if it's not the full game :)
    Ok, I shall rephrase.. I don't want to wait a year, I want to play this game Now, NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW.

ok, tantrum over.
    Technically you could build yourself a Tardis and jump forward two years when the game is released.
    Nah, if i built a Tardis, my daughter would steal it.
    Dang, there goes my plan to obtain a Tardis by getting someone else to unknowingly build it for me.
    Not to sound like a heretic, but the Tardis is in desperate need of an update. :D The design has run its course, IMHO.

[IMG]http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh179/Mnynames/tardisnew.gif[/IMG]
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Which one?
    GoG.com have updated Wing Commander 1, 2 and Privateer (and unrelated but just as good, Alpha Centauri) to include all the expansions :D

[URL="http://www.gog.com/news/holiday_update_ea_expansions"]Link[/URL]
  • Oh I am about to get into so much trouble with the wife. The alck of those expansions was the very thing allowing me to resist.

But now the first 4 games for under $10 and 4 is the DVD version to boot? Yeah....
  • Made a DVD version of 4? I wonder if the vids are better quality, I have the original 6 CD version.
    I believe that is the case but it was originally only available in a bundle with a specific DVD drive.

On an unrelated note, Akrovah, I'm Commander Shepard and that is my favourite icon on the Citadel.
  • Lol, thanks Worf. Thought it was time to update. The Advent Rising icon is so last generation, and I loves me some Mass Effect.

Anyway, yes, the DVD version of 4 has DVD quality vids and was originally packaged with Creative's DVD bundle that also included an mpeg2 decoder card. And while I was able to ebay a copy of the disc itself getting it to work properly without that mpeg2 card is getting harder and harder.

I'm assuming the GoG version has rectified this issue.
    Having just watched the latest Wingman's Hangar, it sounds like we're getting something to play around with even sooner than the deathmatch multiplayer thing. It's the Hangar module, where we can manage our ships, walk around them, customise them etc. They didn't say when but it was implied to be the first thing we get to try out :)